Egypt aims for athletic success at Paris 2024 to build resume for 2036 Olympics bid

Olympic success will be valuable if Egypt hopes to rise the top of what is expected to be a very competitive 2036 bid race

Very competitive bid race expected by whom? Cause according to Relevo & ITG's just recently, it is reported that Doha is the "preferred (2036) bid" - "among IOC members". Of course they don't elaborate any further, though.

Success in Paris could help bolster Egypt's resume if the country decides to enter the race to host the 2036 edition of the Games and bring the event to Africa for the first time.

I know I'm not alone in this sentiment, but I really wouldn't consider an Egyptian Games really "African". I'd consider it more Middle Eastern than anything else (same goes for Morocco, too).

53 minutes ago, FYI said:

Very competitive bid race expected by whom? Cause according to Relevo & ITG's just recently, it is reported that Doha is the "preferred (2036) bid" - "among IOC members". Of course they don't elaborate any further, though.

Relevo didn’t describe who these “members with weight” are or what the source of this information is. ITG just referenced the Relevo piece. We couldn’t confirm any of this information so did not report it.

As we all know, IOC rumours are just that.

Having said that, Doha as a preferred candidate would not be a surprise.

• Thanks 1

Considering how Bach these days likes to label apparent IOC rumors as 'fake news', like he did over the Brisbane 2032 cancellation news, if the story from Relevo didn't have any merit, then it's kind of perplexing that at least some kind of clarification, even if it's from Dubi, hasn't come out over it. Cause it would seem the longer Lausaunne stays quiet over such a declaring story like that, the more plausible it seems. But I digress, since the thread is about Egypt & their planned (2036) bid (if it gets that far in 'continuous dialog', that is).