Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Citius Altius Fortius

Who Will Win Today?

where's Pippin? Well, aside from a Broadway musical bearing his name, what did he get? (Is Pippin/Pepin really Lothar? (Because, depending on whose version you read, I think Louis is Ludwig; Charles is Karl; so Lothar must be Pepin.)

Do you mean Pippin the Short (Pepin le Bref/Pippin der Kurze)? He was Charlemagne's father,so he'd already been and got it! :P

Didn't know they'd done a musical about him though!! :huh:

http://historymedren.about.com/library/who...pippinshort.htm

Do you mean Pippin the Short (Pepin le Bref/Pippin der Kurze)? He was Charlemagne's father,so he'd already been and got it! :P

Didn't know they'd done a musical about him though!! :huh:

Whoops sorry,it was his grandson Pippin,the eldest of the brothers,you meant wasn't it?

The younger Pippin died before his father so the empire was split between his three surviving younger brothers: Lothar,Ludwig and Charles. B)

http://historymedren.about.com/library/who...charlesbald.htm

Okay, my preferred finishing order (note, different from my expected finishing order):

1. Germany

2. Portugal

3. France

4. Italy

Cocky much? Italy hasn't exactly been impressive and in fact should have lost to USA but didn't because of a BS offside call on the American goal in the second half.

Italy has played an incredibly weak, old and disorganized Czech team, tied the US, and beat a Ghanaian team that had the majority of the chances. Italy has had majority play in their game against the Czechs and hasn't at all been tested. I am not saying Germany is for sure going to win, but its a lot more likely than what you are predicting.

'everyone' - when did everyone on a board of about 100 posters regularly become 4 people?

You always make excuses for each of Italy's opponents. At one time you were praising the Czechs, when it came down to it they couldn't perform against Italy. I wonder why! Cocky? Think what you want man, this is a message board for god sakes.

You always make excuses for each of Italy's opponents. At one time you were praising the Czechs, when it came down to it they couldn't perform against Italy. I wonder why! Cocky? Think what you want man, this is a message board for god sakes.

Praising the Czechs, you got to focking be jocking me. I hate the Czechs, absolutely can't stand them because of Euro 2004. Every chance I get I cheer against the Czechs, I was hoping that Norway would have ousted them in the final stage of European qualifying.

Praising the Czechs, you got to focking be jocking me. I hate the Czechs, absolutely can't stand them because of Euro 2004. Every chance I get I cheer against the Czechs, I was hoping that Norway would have ousted them in the final stage of European qualifying.

From what I remember you were saying good things about the Czechs and how they were going to win the group stage. That was a while back.

From what I remember you were saying good things about the Czechs and how they were going to win the group stage. That was a while back.

That isn't praise, and I wasn't the only ones thinking the Czechs would do well, but their age caught up with them.

That isn't praise, and I wasn't the only ones thinking the Czechs would do well, but their age caught up with them.

Ok, next time I'll make a better word selection, in return I don't want to hear you whinning and bitching if Italy and Portugal make the finals since those are your two least favourite nations left in the tournament now. :P

Ok, next time I'll make a better word selection, in return I don't want to hear you whinning and bitching if Italy and Portugal make the finals since those are your two least favourite nations left in the tournament now. :P

I would just happily watch the beautiful game that would be for 3rd place again Germany and France and forget about the final.

For tonight's semi-final,I predict:

Germany 2 - 1 Italy

For Wednesday's:

France 2 - 0 Portugal

I had a feeling the past days that Portugal would win their match today. But now that feeling has changed today, I think France will beat Portugal in extra time 2-1. I've been getting each match right since it got down to the round of 8, let's see if my streak will continue.

ALLEZ LES BLEUS!!!

t2_arc_ap.jpg

- Everyones booing Cristiano Ronaldo! I love the French! :P

very balanced and boring match till now

I hope Portugal will win but I'd love to kick my cousins a** after EURO final...eheheh :P

Hopefully Zidane win again see that beautiful trophy.

You wonder if the booing has had an effect on him ... lol

I think it made him fall over a lot - he spent a lot of time LYING on the ground.

WELL DONE FRANCE!!!

FRA 1:0 POR

Very boring match. It's not the French who deserved it. It's the Portuguese who didn't believe in that and un-deserved it. No really dangerous attacks at all by the Lusitans. Very tired second part of the match for the French. It was only defensive scheme for les blues, but in fact they didn't have to defend anything coz the Portuguese were not in a victory mood at all.

Without that penalty we'd be here waiting for something to happen and yawning very much.

How beautifully ironic. Portugal lose a semi-final to almost the exact same antics they've been so guilty of all tournament. As against England, they never looked like scoring and, belatedly, justice has been done.

The BBC have just shown a collection of about seven dives from Portuguese players in this match where there was absolutely no contact - Portugal were lucky to end the game with eleven men......sorry ten men and one little boy (who cried wolf).

yeah i think they've been very lucky so far, too

but they could have been more self-confident and win tonight coz the blues didn't play so good lately. the point is to understand if they played so slowly coz they knew Portugal was not so dangerous, or if they playes like that coz they were not able to do more.