Who Will Win Today?

you know what...as an italian i don't think so..i mean...there are a lot of italians in there...and many germans in here during vacations who loooooooooooove italy so much!

which kind of relationships are you thinking about? political european union ones? the paris-berlin axis literally cracked down recently...

The relationship between France and Germany is fostered on so many different levels. There are cultural exchanges, political meetings and numerous other events that make France and Germany close friends as nations. There was also a treaty signed some time in the 70's about the Franco-Deutsch connection, CAF could you help me out on the dates and the name.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The relationship between France and Germany is fostered on so many different levels. There are cultural exchanges, political meetings and numerous other events that make France and Germany close friends as nations. There was also a treaty signed some time in the 70's about the Franco-Deutsch connection, CAF could you help me out on the dates and the name.

I already did that above. And CAF isn't the only German user in this forum! ;)

OK, guys -- your final predictions, please!

Germany vs. Portugal 2-1

I believe that the German "B team" (although it has been changed at only three positions) will have quite difficult times against the Portuguese -- but nevertheless, we'll see an exciting match and a German team which will be pushed forward by the audience and by its own fighting spirit. At least I very much hope that the team hasn't lost its spirit yet -- and has already managed to cope with the semi-final defeat.

Italy vs. France 1-0

I guess that this will be a rather unattractive match, just as the semi-final between France and Portugal. The Italian attacks will rather be uneffective due to a strong French defence -- and vice versa. Finally, Italy with its luck will manage to score another last minute goal against a pretty weak Fabien Barthez.

But of course I hope that I'll prove wrong and France will astonish us once more with a surprising victory. And with World Cup title number two! Allez les bleus!!!

OK, guys -- your final predictions, please!

Germany vs. Portugal 2-1

I believe that the German "B team" (although it has been changed at only three positions) will have quite difficult times against the Portuguese -- but nevertheless, we'll see an exciting match and a German team which will be pushed forward by the audience and by its own fighting spirit. At least I very much hope that the team hasn't lost its spirit yet -- and has already managed to cope with the semi-final defeat.

Italy vs. France 1-0

I guess that this will be a rather unattractive match, just as the semi-final between France and Portugal. The Italian attacks will rather be uneffective due to a strong French defence -- and vice versa. Finally, Italy with its luck will manage to score another last minute goal against a pretty weak Fabien Barthez.

But of course I hope that I'll prove wrong and France will astonish us once more with a surprising victory. And with World Cup title number two! Allez les bleus!!!

We are going to be the starting 11?

We are going to be the starting 11?

Sorry, I don't quite understand your question. Did you mean, "Who are going to be the starting 11"? And did you mean the German team?

The starting 11 haven't been finalised yet -- but most probably following players will start:

Kahn -- Schneider, Huth, Metzelder, Lahm -- Borowski, Kehl, Frings, Schweinsteiger (or Hitzlsperger) -- Klose, Podolski

Italy 1-1 France--- Italy will win in penalties :D

Italy tend to be really bad when it comes to penalties - they're even worse than England. I'm sure France would love it to go to penalties.

Sorry, I don't quite understand your question. Did you mean, "Who are going to be the starting 11"? And did you mean the German team?

The starting 11 haven't been finalised yet -- but most probably following players will start:

Kahn -- Schneider, Huth, Metzelder, Lahm -- Borowski, Kehl, Frings, Schweinsteiger (or Hitzlsperger) -- Klose, Podolski

I would hope that Neuville would be starting instead of Podolski. I have heard that Borowski may not take part in the game because of a foot injury.

Olympiad - who is in the depth chart for German keepers. I know there is a fairly good keeper for Bayern Munchen after Kahn, but is there anyone else in the system?

Italy tend to be really bad when it comes to penalties - they're even worse than England. I'm sure France would love it to go to penalties.

But Italy has Buffon meanwhile. He could certainly kill some penalties. But France isn't bad in penalties either.

I would hope that Neuville would be starting instead of Podolski. I have heard that Borowski may not take part in the game because of a foot injury.

Olympiad - who is in the depth chart for German keepers. I know there is a fairly good keeper for Bayern Munchen after Kahn, but is there anyone else in the system?

Bayern München? No, Michael Rensing (I guess you mean him -- he's the second goal keeper of Bayern München) is not that good. Young candidates for the national team's goal are rather Robert Enke (Hannover 96), Tim Wiese (Werder Bremen) and Roman Weidenfeller (Borussia Dortmund). And not to forget: The national team's third goal keeper, Timo Hildebrand (VfB Stuttgart)...

But Italy has Buffon meanwhile. He could certainly kill some penalties. But France isn't bad in penalties either.

Bayern München? No, Michael Rensing (I guess you mean him -- he's the second goal keeper of Bayern München) is not that good. Young candidates for the national team's goal are rather Robert Enke (Hannover 96), Tim Wiese (Werder Bremen) and Roman Weidenfeller (Borussia Dortmund). And not to forget: The national team's third goal keeper, Timo Hildebrand (VfB Stuttgart)...

Thanks for the information

Archived