Who Will Win Today?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a horrible match this really was but honestely, it was everything that I've expected!

This is turning into a deja-vu from 1998 so we can all start congratulating team Germany now on winning this WC!

OK, the bets for today:

England vs. Portugal 1-0

I still believe that the English team can surpass its previous performances. Additionally, Portugal will be weakened after Deco's forced leaving. Nevertheless, it will rather be a very tight and exciting match or terribly boring. But as I said: At the end, England will leave the field as winner.

Brazil vs. France 2-1

Even if France managed to defeat Spain (which I guess was due to the bad nerves of the Spaniards, though), I don't expect them to repeat it with Brazil. Brazil is much weaker now than we used to know them during the recent years -- but I still expect them to be stronger than the pretty old French team. Nevertheless, the French could be very proud of leaving the tournament as one of the eight best football teams in the world. That is an achievement many did not expect before the tournament (or at least I didn't).

Well Mainard got it right down to the 4-2 PSO victory, minus the 1-1

Thanks,I noticed that myself.At least I predicted the draw though I overestimated the number of goals. Once you predict penalties,it's fairly easy to assume Germany will win them! :)

I got the right number of goals for Italy but Ukraine let me down by failing to pull one back!

I can't bring myself to predict the outcome of the England and Portugal match,but for Brazil and France,I will go with:

Brazil 4 - 2 France

my predictions 4 today:

Portugal beats England

France beats Brazil

ok...ok...not so smart...it's not a scientific prediction just what I'd like to see....LOL :D

I guessed the first one!!!

Let's see the other game tonight...

hahaha they still waiting for rooney...bye bye england..its what happens when u play with a 4-1-4-1 ..one striker upfront is not enough when u know that u're a useless team when it comes to penalties...

:(

I feel bad for you.

"I feel sorry for all of England's players and the thousands of supporters who are here. We are going to talk about this for a long, long time to come."

--Graham Taylor

"Heartbreak. Total heartbreak. It is a failure in World Cup terms..."--Phil McNulty

Some opportunities end up getting lost forever. We may never something of this like for a long time out of England.

From BBC Sport

I was hoping Theo Walcott would make a cameo, just to get a taste of WC play. But he's not truly Pele-like yet.

The specter of 1966 looms even larger for England now.

Hope Sven takes the Bafana Bafana job.

:(

Thanks for your support this afternoon Faster, goathe, Olympian2004 - I hope Germany win! :)

No problem, Beth, Mainad, you and other Brits have all supported Germany to this point, so returning the favour. It was made easier by the dispecible play of Ronaldo and Maniche. I think Ronaldo may start looking and hoping for a transfer.

Archived