Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stu

Corruption Of Ioc Member Sepp Blatter

The BBC’s Panorama programme, the programme that uncovered the corruption of Bulgarian IOC member, Ivan Slavkov, has been investigating the possible corruption of another IOC member, Sepp Blatter, also the President of Fifa. The programme claims that his election was rigged with votes being counted from absent members who hadn’t in fact voted and that money had been given in return for support, particularly to officials from CONACAF. There was also, according to the BBC, corruption involving a now bankrupt Swiss marketing company, which also dealt with the IAAF World Championships and the Olympics, that allegedly had been paying bribes to Fifa officials for twenty years.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/5067754.stm#

You can also watch the programme on that page - though at the moment it's still last weeks edition.

Ah, that would be interesting. Wonder if they'll show that in OZ (Our ABC Four Corners show often shows some of the Panorama reports).

Reminds me, actually. I remember about a year or more ago Andrew Jennings posted onto GamesBids and said he was going to have a book out soon looking at FIFA's failings. Wonder if that's still happening?

Hi, Stu.

I have seen the whole programme mentioned here. It was very intriguing how Andrew Jennings got his hands dirty to dig up his evidence of corruption in FIFA in this case. With that kind of determination, he is sure going to get a lot of enemies there and not just your ordinary ones. Can't get into FIFA HQ to can't interview certain individuals under the "court of law", it makes you wonder how transparent these organizations really are. I bet he is not allowed to go to Brazil for "his own safety". When you accuse the oldest-running IOC member of such serious charges from a country that is the world's most soccer mad nation, some Brazilians will think that Jennings (a foreigner) is attacking all that is good in Brazil.

Check out

www.playthegame.org

for further light on Andrew Jennings' activities, and Sepp Blatter.

Blatter has laid the groundwork for the appalling officiating at World Cup 2006.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentSe...4&t=TS_Home

Uhmm...why does the IOC have about a billion dollars in their account in Lausanne? :rolleyes:

The IOC protects itself it gets the money up front because they know that hosting the olympics is a huge money losing event. Torino is posting a huge loss and Atlanta lost money so did 2004 Athens.

I have yet to have anyone state that the Olympics earn a profit.

The IOC have to change, for the Olympics to survive in the 21 century.

The Olympics will never be hosted in Africa or in Latin america. It is a shame to the Olympics that World Cup 2010 is to be in South Africa and yet they can't host the Olympics.

olympikfan

The IOC protects itself it gets the money up front because they know that hosting the olympics is a huge money losing event. Torino is posting a huge loss and Atlanta lost money so did 2004 Athens.

I have yet to have anyone state that the Olympics earn a profit.

The IOC have to change, for the Olympics to survive in the 21 century.

The Olympics will never be hosted in Africa or in Latin america. It is a shame to the Olympics that World Cup 2010 is to be in South Africa and yet they can't host the Olympics.

olympikfan

Why don't you write your version of Olympic history -- and show proof?

The IOC is in a world of their own. I have stated before and I'll say again the Olympics don't make money.

olympikfan

So, how did you get from Sepp Blatter's behaviour to the Olympics making money? Are you on the same page as this thread???

So, how did you get from Sepp Blatter's behaviour to the Olympics making money? Are you on the same page as this thread???

I think that Mr. Jennings is dislike by the IOC because he does something that many media out lets don't do and that is the truth about the IOC.

Blatter corrupt? No way! He is the president of FIFA... and FIFA hasn't any link with corruption.

Why don't you write your version of Olympic history -- and show proof?

My proof is Olympic history. The Bid books, the official reports and US documents during the 1999 scandal. How about you prove to me that I'm wrong? About anything of the Olympics.

olympikfan

Then you agree with me?

olympikfan

No. I didn't say that. I've been on this road a number of times before. ANd presently have no interest to pursue the topic -- knowing your frame of mind; and wanting to move on to other things and topics. But I did NOT say that I agreed with you. ;)

No. I didn't say that. I've been on this road a number of times before. ANd presently have no interest to pursue the topic -- knowing your frame of mind; and wanting to move on to other things and topics. But I did NOT say that I agreed with you. ;)

That sounds good to me, baron.

That sounds good to me, baron.

SLC made a net profit of 50 million dollars, Sydney was in the black by a couple of million, Lillehammer made a small profit of a couple of million kronor, Atlanta made a heavy profit, the highest i believe, over the 100million mark and LA made a few dollars aswell.

SLC made a net profit of 50 million dollars, Sydney was in the black by a couple of million, Lillehammer made a small profit of a couple of million kronor, Atlanta made a heavy profit, the highest i believe, over the 100million mark and LA made a few dollars aswell.

Atlanta's books showed a profit of $10 million; LA still sets the record with $223 mill -- almost the equivalent of the (I think) $225 mil ABC paid for US TV rights, and the US population was around 225 million in 1984.

I think I know what Olympikfan is driving at; but I'll have to let him phrase it properly before I address it. <_<

Blatter corrupt? No way! He is the president of FIFA... and FIFA hasn't any link with corruption.

Really?