Official Results And Standings Thread

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm confused cos Rei didn't even coment. Who is talking about who here!

Well, whilst I know how crap England played (absolutely crap), it still has to be said thjat they have played better than Sweden did. However, now Sweden have also got a late goal against Paraguay and it is now about whether or not they can beat Sweden or not! in the last game.

Personally, I know England played badly and I also know there will be a massive post mortem about it tomorrow. However, so what, they always play shite and keep us guessing in the group stages. We can still upstage the swedes possibly, but if Germany beat Ecuador I will not mind coming second in the group. By that I don't mean that I think Germany are better, I just don't think we are that bad. If that was the case then Sweden might win. As it is they might win. However, they might win the group and we may play Ecuador. We should win on that basis...

That's how we feel in Group B anyway! Shite but still going...

I may have admitted our weakness, not just because other 'teams' are winning but that does not make us worse than Germany or other teams... We could be better, but it may play in our very weak, putty hands to let Sweden play Germany and slowly get in the tournament by playing anybody reallly but the hosts.

I do not, yet by the way Olympian , believe that we are worse than Germany.... They have'nt been convincing as well... It's alright in having a go at us, but it takes the biscuit if you are fairly crap as well..

Germany in my mind have played better then England, but it doesn't matter, Germany and Brazil both didn't play to full strangth for most of the tournement and both got to the finals. I want England and Germany to be at opposite ends of the bracket in the next round. I believe Germany can handle Argentina, Netherlands, Mexico, and Portugal, but I am still afraid of England.

BTW the teams that actually have a chance to win, that I want to win:

1. Germany

2. Spain

3. England

Of course if England meet Germany in the second round I hope England win, however, I too would prefer not to meet them then. I would have confidence that England could beat the present German squad but I would actually prefer to see Germany last longer in the competition as hosts - a country gets the opportunity to host the World Cup very rarely and it would be a shame for Germans to see their team leave early. So I support England in any match they play in but would support Germany if they played Sweden or anyone else (though I've always had a soft spot for Sweden too!) only because they are hosts.

I was priviledged to be in Paris when they won their own World Cup - it was amazing to be on the Champs Elysees that night - I was 100% behind the French team that year once England had been eliminated - it would be a shame for Germany to leave their own tournament early, despite Olympian2004, especially as they've done so well organising everything.

Having said that.....COME ON ENGLAND!!!!! :D

Germany in my mind have played better then England, but it doesn't matter, Germany and Brazil both didn't play to full strangth for most of the tournement and both got to the finals. I want England and Germany to be at opposite ends of the bracket in the next round. I believe Germany can handle Argentina, Netherlands, Mexico, and Portugal, but I am still afraid of England.

BTW the teams that actually have a chance to win, that I want to win:

1. Germany

2. Spain

3. England

Have you changed your tune or something? The other day I was sure that you were a fan of anyone except of England... Not that I am complaining, it's just you may want to choose another country than England...

There is really only two teams I really, really, really want to win Germany and Croatia. Out of those left that actually have a chance (mind you Croatia doesn't) I would like to see Spain finally win a WC or England finally capture another one. I really dislike England still, but I am of the attitude anyone but Italy or Brazil for the most part.

And by the way: Yesterday, the German team showed at least a lot of fighting spirit and did everything they could to override an extremely tight Polish defence. Today, not even the English supporters showed that fighting spirit (it was the first time at this World Cup that I witnessed a match with an almost silent stadium). Not to mention the players.

I agree that England played pretty crappy,especially in the first half but they came good in the last 30 minutes when Rooney coming on seemed to finally galvanise them into action! But I feel that you are too dismissive of Trinidad and Tobago who have played well in both their matches and presented a very tight defence just like as Poland did in yesterday's match! (Remember that they held Sweden to a goalless draw)! So if you are giving credit to Germany for finally overcoming that defence to score ONE goal in the dying minutes,then I feel you should ease up a little on England who also overcame a tight defence in the last few minutes to score TWO goals!!

BTW,I really don't think we want the English supporters to show any "fighting spirit", thanks! :o

Trust me,they're doing fine as they are!! :)

The match statistics speak for themselves.

Shots on target - England 8 - 3 T&T

Shots at goal - England 23 - 7 T&T

Corner kicks - England 7 - 3 T&T

Ball possession - England 62% - 38% T&T

WOW! you guys deserve the final :rolleyes:

I am abit wary of predictions that hedge their bets by naming more than 1 option.

Remember Septic Peg, the Brian Connolly show character, who used to predict the lottery winner each week.

He once said " The winner of the Lottery, will either be a Man....or a Wo-man. They will also live behind a door with numbers on it" LOL

I agree that England played pretty crappy,especially in the first half but they came good in the last 30 minutes when Rooney coming on seemed to finally galvanise them into action! But I feel that you are too dismissive of Trinidad and Tobago who have played well in both their matches and presented a very tight defence just like as Poland did in yesterday's match! (Remember that they held Sweden to a goalless draw)! So if you are giving credit to Germany for finally overcoming that defence to score ONE goal in the dying minutes,then I feel you should ease up a little on England who also overcame a tight defence in the last few minutes to score TWO goals!!

BTW,I really don't think we want the English supporters to show any "fighting spirit", thanks! :o

Trust me,they're doing fine as they are!! :)

You know how I meant the "fighting spirit" thing. Not in the sense of "become a hooligan and beat everyone who gets near to you".

I think what Rei was insinuating was that with a large on-site American population nearby, the US team would have a lot of rooters on hand. I don't believe there was any malicious intent in Rei's comment.

That's what I'm trying to figure out. If its such a bad thing that the US is playing near such a large contingent of Americans, then complaints should be directed to the organizers.

ON AIR right now ARG 2: 0 SCG

Serbia is playing horrible...

Argentina...wow...they're frightening me...really...although they are playing against a reeeeeeeeeally sleeping team right now!

WOW! you guys deserve the final :rolleyes:

yeah...beating t&t... :rolleyes:

Who mentioned that England deserved to be in the final with those statistics? The only thing I said was that England deserved to win that game - and they did.

Rei, that's the second time in two pages you've taken a comment completely out of context - more English language revision needed me thinks. :P

Who mentioned that England deserved to be in the final with those statistics? The only thing I said was that England deserved to win that game - and they did.

Rei, that's the second time in two pages you've taken a comment completely out of context - more English language revision needed me thinks. :P

or you're stupid or you pretend to don't understand.. I bet the others understood what I mean

Poor Serbia-Montenegro have just been crushed by the Argentinian juggernaut,6-0!!

A sad end for the team that no longer has a country! :(

But Argentina just get better and better.The sight of Maradona wearing the colours and cheering them on from the stands must be inspiring them with the spirit of '86!! This is rapidly becoming the team to beat,never mind Brazil! I feel they have just virtually booked their place in the Final!!

It's incredible that the FIFA rankings placed them only ninth in the world,behind even the USA!

Obviously FIFA need to get out more!!! :lol:

You know how I meant the "fighting spirit" thing. Not in the sense of "become a hooligan and beat everyone who gets near to you".

Thank goodness for that!!

I knew you what you meant,I was only joking!! ;)

The Netherlands 2-1 Ivory Coast

It wasn't pretty. Ivory Coast was the better team and really pushed us with our backs against the wall in the second half. Luckily our defense kept its nerves and pulled a hard fought and undeserved victory over the line.

Archived