Official Results And Standings Thread

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not that I don't appreciate the gesture goethe, but are you an England fan in disguise or just wanting to avoid us in the next round? ;)

We seem to be playing well for now, but I am concerned that we have lost Owen... HELP!!! We've only got 4 strikers in total, if Owen is crocked then we only have 3 and Sven doesn't seem to want to play Theo!

Its his fault for picking hom over Dafeo. Probably one of the most braindead moves a manager made this time around. At least the Mexican manager got proven right with his controveries have scored 3 goals.

I want a tie, so Germany avoids England and so I get the much needed points in my pool.

Argh 1:1

I dont want a GER-ENG match in Munich on Saturday.

It finished 2-2, so England has 7 points and Sweden has 5. Germany vs. Sweden in the next round so we don't have to worry, though Sweden looked the better team for much of the second half, so that is worrying.

I should be really happy with 2-2 against Sweden, England's toughest opponents in Group B, but for them to score in the 90th minute - ouch! I'm sure England will never beat Sweden!

Anyway England tops Group B - Germans everywhere breath a sigh of relief. :P

Man of the match was Joe Cole.

It finished 2-2, so England has 7 points and Sweden has 5. Germany vs. Sweden in the next round so we don't have to worry, though Sweden looked the better team for much of the second half, so that is worrying.

Sweden were certainly better for about 25 minutes of the second half - I felt quite comfortable with Englands performance for the first 45 minutes but then after the break Sweden came back strong. A problem for both English and Swedish teams is that most Swedish players play in England so everyone knows each others game really well.

Anyway England tops Group B - Germans everywhere breath a sigh of relief. :P

And the English will certainly fire off some fireworks that they won't have to do the famous penalty shoot out against Germany so quickly... :P:P

Seriously: I guess that both teams can call themselves lucky not to be forced to knock out each other already in the round of 16. It would be terribly sad if one of those two great teams would have to leave the tournament so early.

And the English will certainly fire off some fireworks that they won't have to do the famous penalty shoot out against Germany so quickly... :P:P

Actually I hope we do get the chance of a penalty shoot out now - the next opportunity for us to meet will be the final!

I found the English defence to not be up to it one numerous occasions and thought their set-piece defence was dreaful.

The English defence did show some weaknesses tonight - this was surprising as it was the section that we were most confident in - at least we have an extra day to practise set pieces now.

I found the English defence to not be up to it one numerous occasions and thought their set-piece defence was dreaful.

...which is odd because England's defence is normally very hard to score against. It's going forward we're normally not so good at!

Do you think Spain can beat France?

:huh:

With their eyes closed.

Too bad Sweden didn't win. I would have loved to see a Germany - England game. I'd never thought I would say this but I actually think Germany would win. Even worse, I start to get sympathy for the Germans now that they play attractive football instead of the boring but efficient game they used to play :blink:

I am absolutely loving the fact that Miroslav Klose is leading with 4 goals. I remember a few years ago a member here said Klose was washed-up and finished. Here he is amassing an impressive WC goal scoring count at 9 thus far.

I think England had the best of the match in the first half and for all but the last 20 minutes or so of the second half! Then in the last 20 minutes,their defence just crumbled under a determined attack by the Swedes.Very worrying!!

Congratulations to Sweden for holding on and making a succcessful counter-attack.They have proved they are very much a force to be reckoned with!!

England did the job and finished top of their group.But they are going to have to improve their defence and hold onto leads better than this or they will not survive long into the next round now that the field is being cleared for the big guns!!

Much work,much mprovement is still needed!!! :unsure:

Well, I'm glad to see Germany and Sweden through, though with a German mum and a Swedish dad, it means their next game is going to split my family.

Actually, the Sweden-England game was the first I've watched substantially in this tournament. I thought Sweden played **** in the first half and England were **** in the second. Both have to improve.

Did anyone else think that Huth played better then Metzelder?

It sucks because I really like Sweden, Olof Mellberg and Marcus Allback are among my favourite players. I have to go with Germany, but still I wish in a way that it was England-Germany, because I believe that England is fair too weak offensively now that Germany could beat them even if the game wides up 4-3.

I also think Ecuador is going to take England to extra-time and maybe penalties, if it does I think England has the boots with Lampart, Rooney, and Garrard over Delgado and Tenario.

England will beat Ecuador at least 3:0. They need some confidence before the match against the Netherlands.

After watching the second half of the match ENG-SWE, i am not so sure anymore, that Sweden is the better team for us.

I dont want to lose against an ice-hockey and a curling nation! :huh::unsure:<_<:wacko:

England will beat Ecuador at least 3:0. They need some confidence before the match against the Netherlands.

After watching the second half of the match ENG-SWE, i am not so sure anymore, that Sweden is the better team for us.

I dont want to lose against an ice-hockey and a curling nation! :huh::unsure:<_<:wacko:

i dont think that england will beat ecuador 3:0 i think that it will be much closer than that! Ecuador are a good team are are a dark horse in the tournament!

Sweden hasn't produced a decent curler or hockey player in at least a decade, fortunately for them they still have the ones before football became all the rage.

It's difficult to know the strength of the Ecuador team as they were resting five of their players against Germany. I hope Sven pays more attention to Equador's game against Poland - I think that would be a more complete example of their capabilities.

It's difficult to know the strength of the Ecuador team as they were resting five of their players against Germany. I hope Sven pays more attention to Equador's game against Poland - I think that would be a more complete example of their capabilities.

There is the possiblity that Tenario and Delgado won't be playing in the England came because of foot injuries. Especially Delgado.

Poland played crap against Ecuador, so that game gives little either.

There is the possiblity that Tenario and Delgado won't be playing in the England came because of foot injuries. Especially Delgado.

Poland played crap against Ecuador, so that game gives little either.

That doesn't alter the fact that Ecuador put forward their premier squad.

Just watched Mexico/Portugal game, the referee was a disgrace.

That doesn't alter the fact that Ecuador put forward their premier squad.

Just watched Mexico/Portugal game, the referee was a disgrace.

I found him wanting in a few areas, but which incidents in particular?

I found him wanting in a few areas, but which incidents in particular?

I didn't think the Mexican player Perez deserved to be sent off - he WAS fouled and referees are told only to give cards for diving if they are 100% sure. Mexico still fought gallantly with ten men though but having one less player certainly influences the rest of the game.

I didn't think the Mexican player Perez deserved to be sent off - he WAS fouled and referees are told only to give cards for diving if they are 100% sure. Mexico still fought gallantly with ten men though but having one less player certainly influences the rest of the game.

There was two very good examples of simulation by the Portugese aswell

Archived