Official Results And Standings Thread

Italy wins 3-0. They are looking really good.

Semi-final is now set between Germany and Italy.

After beating Argentina, the big favourite is Germany.

Will we see another 1998-final? Will finally Germany beat Brazil? I hope so. I am very tired of Brazilian supremacy B)

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Italy wins 3-0. They are looking really good.

Semi-final is now set between Germany and Italy.

Ah, the old fascist allies.

Similarly, isn't it strange that the countries that have harbored Nazi fugitives (Argentina, Spain and Paraguay) have also done so well in this World Cup? Do you think having a fascist past is in the DNA of the soccer powers?

After beating Argentina, the big favourite is Germany.

Will we see another 1998-final? Will finally Germany beat Brazil? I hope so. I am very tired of Brazilian supremacy B)

Isn't that the 2002 Final

1998 it was France and Brazil with France winning it.

I tip Italy to lose that won and the German juggernaught to go on...

I agree.I predicted right from the start of the contest that I expected Germany to be one of the finalists.They are on a roll,they have great support behind them,they are playing on their home turf!

The momentum is with them!!

And I expect Brazil to be their likeliest opponents (again!!!) though it saddens my English heart to say so...but there it is,sorry England!!

If I remember correctly, the last time match between Germany and Italy, Italy killed them 4-1. Having the home crowd behind you will only get you so far.

But I will say this will be Italy's toughest competitor so far in this tournament. Should be a good match to watch.

So Italy will be our semi-final opponent. What do you expect of that match?

I have very high respect towards the tight Italian defence. I guess that in this aspect, they are comparable to Argentina -- and we've seen today how the Germans looked like against such a defence.

Nevertheless, I consider the overall impression of the Italian team weaker than that of Argentina. So it should be possible for the Germans to handle them.

I think the game will be a 2-1 victory for Germany, Germany's winning goal scored late and probably by Oliver Neuville.

Germany has to be really careful so that if they get to the final Fringes, Podolski, Freidrich and Odonkor aren't suspended

I think the match will be completely boring, Germany will have the majority of the ball, possibly an Italian send-off and just general attack against defence football.

Isn't that the 2002 Final

1998 it was France and Brazil with France winning it.

Oi, mate, even though this stupid quote thing doesn't always give all the quote (for the rest of you have probably read it already), but don't you dare you use my quote to talk about England losing against Brazil. Traitor you - take one game at a time and if we lose to them then...

THEN you can use that quote...

Oi, mate, even though this stupid quote thing doesn't always give all the quote (for the rest of you have probably read it already), but don't you dare you use my quote to talk about England losing against Brazil. Traitor you - take one game at a time and if we lose to them then...

THEN you can use that quote...

Ummm, OK...wtf was that? :blink:

Yeh, well mate it's note that hard to decipher what I meant really, I'm sure many other non-brits got it!

Have a little faith, please. However, if we lose tmorrow, then you can have a go...

I did not mention anything about England, so I don't know what your talking about man.

I did not mention anything about England, so I don't know what your talking about man.

Actually Dave my original comment wasn't meant for you, but for Mainad. However, and it's my own fault, I let my mind wander cos of a phone call and got the wrong man. Mainad, my comment still stands, and Mainad give us your thoughts...

Actually Dave my original comment wasn't meant for you, but for Mainad. However, and it's my own fault, I let my mind wander cos of a phone call and got the wrong man. Mainad, my comment still stands, and Mainad give us your thoughts...

OK, lol...I thought for a second if I'm reading things right <_<

:

OK, lol...I thought for a second if I'm reading things right <_<

LOL. I know that people think I'm fairly mad most of the time, but I'm not that bad... I can still given you a decent conversation you know from time to time anyway, LOL. You know I am an old girl...

If I remember correctly, the last time match between Germany and Italy, Italy killed them 4-1. Having the home crowd behind you will only get you so far.

But I will say this will be Italy's toughest competitor so far in this tournament. Should be a good match to watch.

You r right but Germany isn't now the one we beated so easily.

Anyway I think that if we aill play as we played yesterday we have bg chances to win. We don't have anything to loose in this match.

We don't have anything to loose in this match.

Really? Come on, it's the semi-final -- the gate to the final! And everyone in Italy expects the team to get into that final. So you can't tell me that you don't have anything to lose.

If Germany could beat Argentina, they can beat Italy... that's all. It was a pity, a final Argentina-Germany would have been very interesting. They were my favourites after Spain ;)

An Arg-Ger final would have been interesting but Argentina don't deserve to be anywhere near the final after last night. Players who act like that after defeat shouldn't even be in the tournament. I have no respect at all for Argentina after seeing that and wouldn't care (despite their brilliance in patches) if they were absent from the next tournament.

I'm still rooting for an England v Germany final!

An Arg-Ger final would have been interesting but Argentina don't deserve to be anywhere near the final after last night. Players who act like that after defeat shouldn't even be in the tournament. I have no respect at all for Argentina after seeing that and wouldn't care (despite their brilliance in patches) if they were absent from the next tournament.

Mainly, it's true. But I don't put blame on the whole Argentinian team. I couldn't overview the whole situation yesterday but I didn't have the impression that the whole team was involved in those quarrels. Cufre was a plain dumbf*ck -- and with the red card he got what he deserved. For me, that's it. With their defeat Argentina has to suffer a lot now, anyway.

Archived