Official Results And Standings Thread

I must disagree with you... it was probably the most entertaining match of the WC. Of course, it was the dirtiest in the Cup and probably as dirty as the Battle of Santiago or the Battle of Bern. But, finally the teams showed passion!!!! They were so exciting to win that they could beat the other players, simulate, forget the fair play, etc, etc. I wanted Holland to draw and then go to penalties and Portugal winning there and that would be much more exciting...

Finally, some blood and passion at the WC after boring matches like England/Paraguay, England/Trinidad, England/Ecuador... and anything of England :P

I will look forward to seeing Chile play in the World Cup for comparison. Oh no, I won't be able to.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to Brazil. Although they played once more the unattractive football of their group matches, they used their limited chances. Ghana played brilliantly during the first half but sadly proved unable to score.

All in all, it's only a merely deserved victory for the Brazilians. The legendary magic spell of their playing style must have got stuck somewhere on their way to Germany. Thus it becomes more and more obvious that the quarterfinals will be the time when many teams finally have to show their colours. With that performance, Brazil will have very difficult times against Spain or France (I expect rather Spain as their opponent).

OK, and you wanted to tell me recently that you had already overcome the relegation matches against Switzerland? Tell it again, kid.

Listen Bozo, the drama I was referring to had nothing to do with the fact that Switzerland qualified and we didn't. It was the whole fight that they've caused following the game and the fact that we've got a much severe punishment where we're not allowed to play our next 6 EURO qualification games at home plus a fine while they got off much lighter. That's what I was referring to; so don't you be pulling shi.t out of your as.s here. God, sometimes I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall on here.

If that had been Turkey going through on goal-difference you wouldn't be complaining, and Turkey was on the happy side of goal-difference at the last world cup. there was no drama, Switzerland had the better goal-difference/away goals, this is the way ties are decided if things are even. Deal with it and stop acting like a great evil has happened against you. Its the way things are.

Again, no where did I ever mention that in my previous post that I was bitter that it was Switzerland qualifying as opposed to us. I don't know where you guys are pulling this crap that I somehow I'm still angered over that. They're just all nothing more then the bullshi.t that it is. The "drama" which I must have repeated over a billion times by now was the fight they've caused and the heavy severe punishment that FIFA handed down to the Turkish side while Switzerland got off lightly. This is what I've been referring to all along. Understood?

this si another prove that anyone in here hates Italy (ref. to the other topic)

yeah that's the regular trend here! the angloamericansaussiecanadian battle against the rest of the world.. they wnat to kill and denigrate a sport they don't understand and where they aren't the protgonists.. some of them are a bunch of frustrates.. <_<

but I'm very very tired to respond to their repetitives trivias!

that's the reason I prefer to watch the matches rather than read some of their comments..

Sorry if this upsets our English friends here: But I still have the opinion that England hasn't shown a world-champion-like performance at this World Cup so far. If they don't optimise their play, they will get into even bigger trouble against Portugal or the Netherlands in the quarterfinal than today against Ecuador.

We haven't yet. But we are in the quarter-finals of the World Cup without playing to our best yet. That's not a bad position to be in. Historically, the better the opposition, the better we play.

yeah that's the regular trend here! the angloamericansaussiecanadian battle against the rest of the world.. they wnat to kill and denigrate a sport they don't understand and where they aren't the protgonists.. some of them are a bunch of frustrates.. <_<

but I'm very very tired to respond to their repetitives trivias!

that's the reason I prefer to watch the matches rather than read some of their comments..

"Angloamericanaussiecanadian" ?? What on earth is THAT?? What are you wittering on about??? :huh:

This discussion was about ITALY v Australia.What's the rest of the world got to do with it??? :blink:

And why should we English want to "kill and denigrate" a sport that WE invented in the first place and gave to you Italians and to the world??? :unsure:<_<

"Angloamericanaussiecanadian" ?? What on earth is THAT?? What are you wittering on about??? :huh:

This discussion was about ITALY v Australia.What's the rest of the world got to do with it??? :blink:

And why should we English want to "kill and denigrate" a sport that WE invented in the first place and gave to you Italians and to the world??? :unsure:<_<

ok let me be a little more bitter [in a very ironical way i assure you all]

OMG thanx for the gift...we will all be so thankful about that... :rolleyes: ...but first let me ask you to be thankful about something that we italians (and the greeks too) gave to the world: culture!

anyway...i'm trying to do as Rei decided to...but I really can't...you all will have to stand me a little more...ahahah :D:P

I'd be very interested to see if Thierry Henry is going to chastize or worse Spain coach Luis Aragones after the current game when they confront each other in reference to those racist comments he made caught on tape during a national team practice calling a "black...piece of s***" (Aragones claims he said that to motivate Henry's Arsenal teammate)

I'd be very interested to see if Thierry Henry is going to chastize or worse Spain coach Luis Aragones after the current game when they confront each other in reference to those racist comments he made caught on tape during a national team practice calling a "black...piece of s***" (Aragones claims he said that to motivate Henry's Arsenal teammate)

On top of that, did I hear booing and hissing during the French national anthemn? I've missed the start of many matches because of work ut has there been any other occurrences of this or is this the first time? I hope Henry scores about 6 goals and knocks them out. Not because I hate Spain, I don't. Unfortunately, I don't like Luis Aragones and I don't think he deserves to be on a winning side after his comments... I feel a bit torn over this cos I think Spain should have a better World Cup but that Luis I'm a racist' Aragones does not deserve ANYTHING... I still haven't forgotten the monkey chanting from the Spanish crowd whenever one of our black players got the ball...

The Spaniards always seem to choke once they get out of the group stage.

I actually thought that they wouldn't this time and a guy at my work had a theory that whenever a footballing country like Portugal, etc... do well in things like tennis and Formula 1, then they do well in football he was convinced that Spain were going to do well cos of Nadal in the tennis and the guy in Formula 1. Am I going to rib him tomorrow... I almost believed him, but somehow today I changed my allegience to France cos I remembered about the Thierry Henry thing with the Spain coach and I just had a feeling...

mikel? <_<

(j/k, I was rooting for Espana but not too sad that Francia won either.)

Now, don't be nasty! I do feel for our friend Mikel. I know I wanted France to win, but my reasoning was all about Aragones and not Spain. They were a fantastic team. Hopefully, they will get rid of Aragones now and then they can well from here on in... That's my hope anyway. I still think Spain deserves more from their team and that they may just just have the team to do it now... Good luck Spain from now and DURING the Euros (only without Aragones)!

After some disappointments during the past three days, I'm very satisfied about that civilised and mainly well-balanced match between Spain and France. And what is even more important: This match has a deserved winner. Félicitations aux bleus! C'était une performance extraordinaire!

Nevertheless, I feel very sorry for the Spaniards. But this time they simply didn't do enough to secure their victory. After having seen an impressing Spanish team during the group stage, I'd loved to see that old curse broken -- that Spain doesn't achieve more than the quarterfinal at World Cups or European Championships. ¡Vámonos, España -- habrá una nueva oportunidad en 2008 en Austria y Suiza!

After some disappointments during the past three days, I'm very satisfied about that civilised and mainly well-balanced match between Spain and France. And what is even more important: This match has a deserved winner. Félicitations aux bleus! C'était une performance extraordinaire!

Nevertheless, I feel very sorry for the Spaniards. But this time they simply didn't do enough to secure their victory. After having seen an impressing Spanish team during the group stage, I'd loved to see that old curse broken -- that Spain doesn't achieve more than the quarterfinal at World Cups or European Championships. ¡Vámonos, España -- habrá una nueva oportunidad en 2008 en Austria y Suiza!

Nice gesture Olympian and I second that...

Archived