Official Results And Standings Thread

He is still pissed off about Switzerland beating out Turkey in the playoff by goal difference. If the goal difference was in Turkey's favour he would have no problem.

Might be. But whatever the reason is, he behaves pretty unfair.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spain are playing well but they are being helped by the most ridiculous refereeing decisions.

There is no way that was a penalty, there was a slight tug of his shorts but it in no way it had any influence on his attempt and the Ukraine was also judged off-side in the first half when they would have stood a good chance of scoring, when the score was 1-0, but it was clearly an error by the linesman.

Maybe Spain is being repayed for the tough refereeing decisions in 2002.

A very impressing victory of Spain -- and Ukraine's team isn't that bad. But I don't know whether Spain will keep up this strength. They've become nervous many times at past tournaments after passing the group stages and reaching the second round. And 2002 was sheer misfortune. We will see!

A very impressing victory of Spain -- and Ukraine's team isn't that bad. But I don't know whether Spain will keep up this strength. They've become nervous many times at past tournaments after passing the group stages and reaching the second round. And 2002 was sheer misfortune. We will see!

And that 4th goal of Spain - the greatest so far in the tournament

I really don't know what your problem is -- you live in Germany, right? So why don't you root for the Germans then?

I really don't understand why I have to be obligated to root behind Germany just because I happen to live there. Does my lack of support for Germany really mean all that much to you and to the rest of the Germans out there? Was there ever a rule engraved out that there that all those who inhabit a nation are required to show nothing but their upmost support? I think not. I just find it to be a bit cheap from my part when the home team does exceptionally well just because they happen to be hosting the whole event. This would also naturally apply for Turkey as well so don't you or that fool Faster (who has nothing to do with all of this) be raising the nationalisitc card on me as that's nothing but the bullshi.t that it is. An example of this would be my lack of support behind Turkey's sudden excellent preformance in EuroBasket 2001, just because we've happen to host the event. Obviously we're no power house when it comes to Basketball and the fact that we've suddenly done well to reach to the finals at home raises some eyebrowse and speculations here. It has nothing to do with me holding on to some ill willed feelings towards Germany so let's not start getting ridiculous with these conspiracies theories.

The whole post regarding not cheering for Northern European nations was meant and stated as sarcasm just as I've expressed the same for my "delight" and "enjoyment" in the Swiss - French match. I also have never since November expressed a singly remark about the Turkish - Swiss match since november (Not that I've stated much about the match back then to begin with). So I really don't know why the most of you are making these idiotic lies that I'm still bitter and greatly angered over a match that was played a half year ago. No it has nothing to do with it or anything else so relax, lay off and stop coming to such childish conclusions.

¡¡ Sí, sí, sí, nos vamos a Berlín !!

That penalty (and red card) is the most hilarious I've ever seen. It almost made me crap my pants.

Oh, Quintana you've surprised me :blink: Are you Spanish?

Ukraine didn't deserve a 4-0 but, hey, we didn't deserve to lose against Korea in 2002... <_< Ukraine won't have problems to qualify, in fact.

Spain has got off to a truly amazing start in its World Cup campaign with its 4-0 victory over Ukraine,the best winning score in the tournament so far!! This is certainly another team to note and watch out for!

Commiserations to Ukraine who have had a baptism of fire in their first World Cup outing and who didn't deserve to have that penalty awarded against them on top of everything else!

On this performance,the Spaniards should romp through the rest of their Group H matches!!

I really don't understand why I have to be obligated to root behind Germany just because I happen to live there. Does my lack of support for Germany really mean all that much to you and to the rest of the Germans out there? Was there ever a rule engraved out that there that all those who inhabit a nation are required to show nothing but their upmost support? I think not. I just find it to be a bit cheap from my part when the home team does exceptionally well just because they happen to be hosting the whole event. This would also naturally apply for Turkey as well so don't you or that fool Faster (who has nothing to do with all of this) be raising the nationalisitc card on me as that's nothing but the bullshi.t that it is. An example of this would be my lack of support behind Turkey's sudden excellent preformance in EuroBasket 2001, just because we've happen to host the event. Obviously we're no power house when it comes to Basketball and the fact that we've suddenly done well to reach to the finals at home raises some eyebrowse and speculations here. It has nothing to do with me holding on to some ill willed feelings towards Germany so let's not start getting ridiculous with these conspiracies theories.

The whole post regarding not cheering for Northern European nations was meant and stated as sarcasm just as I've expressed the same for my "delight" and "enjoyment" in the Swiss - French match. I also have never since November expressed a singly remark about the Turkish - Swiss match since november (Not that I've stated much about the match back then to begin with). So I really don't know why the most of you are making these idiotic lies that I'm still bitter and greatly angered over a match that was played a half year ago. No it has nothing to do with it or anything else so relax, lay off and stop coming to such childish conclusions.

OK, OK. But all that is absolutely no reason to hit such an aggressive tone ("fool", "bullshi.t", "idiotic lies") -- and it's not the first time you're doing that ("Ummmm think again jerk"). You shouldn't believe that, just because you're a paying member, the moderator won't care about such expletives and insults.

I have to say that Ukraine looked like deer caught in the headlights. Not a good performance by them, I expected better. Tunisia could very well get that second spot it they don't lose to Spain as badly and tie Ukraine, which are both likely.

OK, OK. But all that is absolutely no reason to hit such an aggressive tone ("fool", "bullshi.t", "idiotic lies") -- and it's not the first time you're doing that ("Ummmm think again jerk"). You shouldn't believe that, just because you're a paying member, the moderator won't care about such expletives and insults.

Look, I apologize if I came off as being a bit harsh to you in my previous post. Most of the insults and harsh sharp remarks that you raise weren't actually directed personally towards you but at those who love to make silly and childish assumptions about how I behave and think regarding anything from football to politics. They just love to make up these lies and actually believe that I do hold them as being true. I'm not the type of person that's just going to sit there and take them all at no mercy. I'm glad that you can at least understand where I'm coming from but anyways; this has gone a bit off topic so let's just everything back on track. ;)

Look, I apologize if I came off as being a bit harsh to you in my previous post. Most of the insults and harsh sharp remarks that you raise weren't actually directed personally towards you but at those who love to make silly and childish assumptions about how I behave and think regarding anything from football to politics. They just love to make up these lies and actually believe that I do hold them as being true. I'm not the type of person that's just going to sit there and take them all at no mercy. I'm glad that you can at least understand where I'm coming from but anyways; this has gone a bit off topic so let's just everything back on track. ;)

Well, I knew that you didn't really mean me. But also other forum members deserve an unpolemic treatment.

Oh, Quintana you've surprised me :blink: Are you Spanish?

Ukraine didn't deserve a 4-0 but, hey, we didn't deserve to lose against Korea in 2002... <_< Ukraine won't have problems to qualify, in fact.

No, my ancesters were considered Spanish nationals four centuries ago. Being a natural oportunist with no sense of shame whatsoever, I'll root for Spain (that is, until they get eliminated) Betting on multiple horses enhances the chances of winning :)

I have to say that Ukraine looked like deer caught in the headlights. Not a good performance by them, I expected better. Tunisia could very well get that second spot it they don't lose to Spain as badly and tie Ukraine, which are both likely.

And Saudi Arabia... :blink:

Tunisia 2-2 Saudia Arabia!!!!

Yesterday, Brazil was nothing. Ronaldinho didn't play well, Ronaldo only took the ball at the 55'. Croatia played very well... I would love to see Croatia and Australia in the second round but only one of them will pass... probably the European.

Spain played very well... probably for first time they get a score better than their performance. Ukraine didn't deserve to lost in that way and specially in its first World Cup game. Anyway, I don't see Tunisia or Saudi Arabia in the second round... both of them had the opportunity today, but drawing I think they're in the same possition than the ukranians.

I've never supported Ecuador. Besides I love them as a country, I don't like their football... I always thought they were an overrated team that passed to the World Cup because their home matches at 3,000 m. when Colombia, Chile and Uruguay are better. But, now I want them passing to the round of 16 over the Polish... Poland dissapointed me very much in their last two matches, and specially in the boring one with Germany. They wanted to stay with the draw for the rest of the match! That was totally coward. It was good that the Germans eliminated them.

Yesterday, Brazil was nothing. Ronaldinho didn't play well, Ronaldo only took the ball at the 55'. Croatia played very well... I would love to see Croatia and Australia in the second round but only one of them will pass... probably the European.

Spain played very well... probably for first time they get a score better than their performance. Ukraine didn't deserve to lost in that way and specially in its first World Cup game. Anyway, I don't see Tunisia or Saudi Arabia in the second round... both of them had the opportunity today, but drawing I think they're in the same possition than the ukranians.

I've never supported Ecuador. Besides I love them as a country, I don't like their football... I always thought they were an overrated team that passed to the World Cup because their home matches at 3,000 m. when Colombia, Chile and Uruguay are better. But, now I want them passing to the round of 16 over the Polish... Poland dissapointed me very much in their last two matches, and specially in the boring one with Germany. They wanted to stay with the draw for the rest of the match! That was totally coward. It was good that the Germans eliminated them.

Absolutely true. I was also absolutely surprised that the Polish played so overly-defensive. Or is their offence simply too weak? Anyway, I couldn't understand that they seemed satisfied of playing only a draw. I guess they didn't know that they needed a victory to be on the really safe side.

Archived