The GamesBids 2036 Olympic Games Poll  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which city/country will the IOC choose to stage the 2036 Summer Olympic Games?

• Germany (Rene-Ruhr/Munich, Hamburg/Berlin)
    • India (Ahmedabad)
    • Doha, Qatar
    • Spain (Madrid)
    • Indonesia (Nusantara)
    • Budapest, Hungary
    • United Kingdom (London/nortth)
    • South Korea (Seoul/Busan)
    • China (Beijing/Shanghai)
    • Mexico (Mexic City/Guadalajara/Monterey)
    • Egypt (Cairo)
    • Warsaw, Poland
    • Rome, Italy
    • Russia (Moscow, St Petersburg, Kazan)
    • Santiago, Chile
    • Canada (Toronto/Montreal/Vancouver)
    • Istanbul, Turkey
    • Other (post your ideas/suggestion)
  2. 2. When will the IOC name the host for the 2036 Smmer Olympic Games?

16 minutes ago, Sir Rols said:

That’s a nice conversation or thread starter, but likely too much of a diversion from this thread, which is to discuss the potential candidates and possible winners of the 2036 games. I think it’d make a great thread in General Olympic Discussions if you wanted to start it, or if you’d like me or someone else to do so. 

Which part of the forum would I make it in?

2 minutes ago, venuedesignlover said:

Which part of the forum would I make it in?

As I said:

20 minutes ago, Sir Rols said:

That’s a nice conversation or thread starter, but likely too much of a diversion from this thread, which is to discuss the potential candidates and possible winners of the 2036 games. I think it’d make a great thread in General Olympic Discussions if you wanted to start it, or if you’d like me or someone else to do so. 

How set is the IOC on Europe 2036? Could they go for Seoul 2036 (the masterplan and renovations of the Jamsil complex look really solid and focused on making an impact on Seoul). Hoping the organizers really breathe life into a Seoul games though. Pyeongchang, though small and provincial, was lacking a lot of life.

If Seoul 2036 happens, I feel as if Germany 2040 is pretty much set in stone. Then maybe Istanbul (yay!) or Ahmedabad (womp womp) 2044, if they’re still interested. 

If the IOC really wants Europe 2036, they’ll probably go for either Istanbul or Germany. Istanbul will win if DOSB presents that “Germany-wide” they’ve been talking about. I personally think Germany 2036, though organic in that Germany is long overdue hosting, would be too depressing as a centennial and would cause too much backlash that would really damage the Olympic brand.

So maybe Istanbul 2036? Then Germany 2040, Seoul 2044. Though a Seoul-Germany-Istanbul/Ahmedabad transition  seems more likely to happen if Istanbul or Ahmedabad are still interested.

From my point of view, Germany is definitely hosting either 2036 or 2040.