Couture de Paris: 2024 Team Uniforms Catwalk

On 4/17/2024 at 1:07 PM, Sir Rols said:

Very safe - the skirts are giving Netball. Don't hate it, don't love it. 
The traditional green and gold blazers are always a safe choice but it would have been fun for them to take a risk in Paris. 
Our ceremony uniforms in Sydney, Athens, and Beijing were all unique and since London its been fairly conservative.  

On 4/16/2024 at 10:07 PM, Sir Rols said:

They're OK. Don't really love it but don't hate it either. I suspect there are some AOC bigwigs that are strongly influencing what the Aussie Summer Olympians are sporting in the Opening Ceremonies for they have grown up in an era where it was more formal. Nothing wrong with this here, yet I do miss that casualness and uniqueness Australians bring to this when they march or ride on boats for Paris in this case. 

As to what Australian Kiwi says, it's obviously much easier on a global realm that Sydney is presented during these fashion presentations because that city is world-renown with a picturesque setting and skyline--you can easily and instantly have the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge prominent in the background. Not to mention the AOC is based in Sydney, which is equally important too. Melbourne is not as much known on a casual level to many people internationally, I think, despite the Australian Open tennis or have those soft power identifications that screams Australia. Perhaps come when Brisbane gets its turn come 2032, the AOC will shift gears and center on Brisbane more with these

58 minutes ago, Durban Sandshark said:

As to what Australian Kiwi says, it's obviously much easier on a global realm that Sydney is presented during these fashion presentations because that city is world-renown with a picturesque setting and skyline--you can easily and instantly have the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge prominent in the background. Not to mention the AOC is based in Sydney, which is equally important too. Melbourne is not as much known on a casual level to many people internationally, I think, despite the Australian Open tennis or have those soft power identifications that screams Australia. Perhaps come when Brisbane gets its turn come 2032, the AOC will shift gears and center on Brisbane more with these

That said, for me, the presentations of the country's outfits are mainly aimed at the inhabitants of the countries concerned. I mean, in France, apart from the outfits of French athletes, we don't care about the outfits of athletes from other countries, and I imagine that it must be the same everywhere in other countries.

So indeed, I can understand that Australians might be annoyed to see that each time it is Sydney which appears in the photo, and not another city.

That seems so trivial. I mean, I wouldn't be annoyed or bothered if the Team USA uniforms were presented in the backdrop of NYC or L.A. (even though they're the 2028 host), which I don't think they did anything like that anyway (the drama here over the uniforms is mostly about Nike's female piece).

Obviously, the AOC selected the city that's most recognizable to the *international* audience for the unveiling, & not so much the domestic one (too bad they couldn't do that, too, with the actual 2032 host city. I mean when some think that Brisbane is in Western Australia - probably confusing it with Perth - :lol:). 

5 hours ago, sebastien1214 said:

That said, for me, the presentations of the country's outfits are mainly aimed at the inhabitants of the countries concerned. I mean, in France, apart from the outfits of French athletes, we don't care about the outfits of athletes from other countries, and I imagine that it must be the same everywhere in other countries.

So indeed, I can understand that Australians might be annoyed to see that each time it is Sydney which appears in the photo, and not another city.

This is the essence of what I was getting at I suppose - although I should concede I might have spoke too soon as the Australian swimmers uniforms (previous page) is in Brisbane (you can just see the towers of the Story Bridge behind them). 

But yeah, point still stands. Its just been 20+ years of them more or less posing on the same spots at Bondi/Opera House and some change would be good. Even within Sydney having them somewhere like in a classic terraced street in Paddington or Surry Hills would be a nice change, or strutting down Collins Street in Melbourne, Salamanca Place Hobart, Elizabeth Quay Perth, etc.....

30 minutes ago, Australian Kiwi said:

But yeah, point still stands. Its just been 20+ years of them more or less posing on the same spots at Bondi/Opera House and some change would be good. Even within Sydney having them somewhere like in a classic terraced street in Paddington or Surry Hills would be a nice change, or strutting down Collins Street in Melbourne, Salamanca Place Hobart, Elizabeth Quay Perth, etc.....

Maybe Chinatown to honour country of manufacture…

Am surprised that a "maritime" look has not been picked for the Seine-OC.  And after all, the Torch is also arriving in mainland France by sea.  Hope Les Bleus pick a nice naval look -- but knowing their whackamoo Estanguetesque-criteria, they will probably go for something "wintery" just to be DIFFERENT to a summer zeitgeist.  :wacko:  (And knowing that they will host WOG 2030, aim for something "summery' for the home team in Nice OC.)  :wacko: :wacko:

Edited by baron-pierreIV

Players of Team USA's men basketball team selected getting their Nike Paris 2024 Olympic jerseys. Style-wise, I'm not so big on this design like with USA Basketball had in the past Olympics. Even with the drop shadow name and numbering style. I do anticipate, now that we're seeing it, this will be the jersey template for other nations signed to Nike for their basketball unis like Canada and Spain: 

On 4/20/2024 at 3:48 AM, sebastien1214 said:

Yeah, pretty much for most people the same… except the people here.

If you’re not lucky enough to have tickets for the ceremony, or watching it with family or friends, do look into our live chat here during the opening ceremony - critiquing the team outfits is very much in vogue here during the athlete’s parade.

15 minutes ago, Sir Rols said:

Yeah, pretty much for most people the same… except the people here.

If you’re not lucky enough to have tickets for the ceremony, or watching it with family or friends, do look into our live chat here during the opening ceremony - critiquing the team outfits is very much in vogue here during the athlete’s parade.

There's a good chance I'll be working that day, maybe even during the ceremony (that's the problem with having a job in emergency services : life doesn't stop even on special occasions), but if I can manage not to not working on this day well I guess I'll be here on the live chat; It will be fun to compare that with French Twitter. See where there are the most reviews.

(it's going to be really frustrating not to be there, on the Seine, but hey, there are worse things in life!)

9 minutes ago, sebastien1214 said:

There's a good chance I'll be working that day, maybe even during the ceremony (that's the problem with having a job in emergency services : life doesn't stop even on special occasions), but if I can manage not to not working on this day well I guess I'll be here on the live chat; It will be fun to compare that with French Twitter. See where there are the most reviews.

(it's going to be really frustrating not to be there, on the Seine, but hey, there are worse things in life!)

Take consolation that even if you miss the atmosphere, the best overview of the ceremony will be on TV. And that’s also how most of your countrymen will experience it. And a home Olympics opening ceremony is always very special and emotional for those of us lucky enough to have seen one.

Even if you miss the live chat, here will also no doubt be a ceremony verdict thread started after. And your views as a French person, and dare I say very welcome new recruit to the board, will be highly regarded.

12 minutes ago, Sir Rols said:

Take consolation that even if you miss the atmosphere, the best overview of the ceremony will be on TV. And that’s also how most of your countrymen will experience it. And a home Olympics opening ceremony is always very special and emotional for those of us lucky enough to have seen one.

Even if you miss the live chat, here will also no doubt be a ceremony verdict thread started after. And your views as a French person, and dare I say very welcome new recruit to the board, will be highly regarded.

Yeah, it's clear that the best point of view will remain television; that said, it can be seen again in streaming. If I can combine streaming + seeing it in real life, that would be perfect! (but that involves 1- blocking my day 2- getting a place during the resale phase, if possible the cheapest; almost mission impossible).

In any case, I will not fail to give a long final opinion the next day on the ceremony, especially since I imagine that there will be elements of the ceremony which will be more intended for the French public than for the international public, and that the The opinion of a French person will be even more welcome. (like the tribute to the NHS during London 2012 for example.

Turkish National Olympic Committee and Adidas also unveiled their 24-piece Paris 2024 athletes gear collection in red, garnet, graphite, black, white, and pink. Very much the same template used throughout with those using Adidas here, although the hoody and full zip hooded jacket both have the Turkish flag's crescent moon and star prominent on the back. All during and celebrating Turkey's exact 100 years of Olympic participation dating back to Paris in 1924    

Göz kamaştırdılar - Son dakika Diğer Sporlar haberleri - Fotomaç

ADIDAS'TAN TÜRKİYE'YE ÖZEL KOLEKSİYON | TÜRK SPOR AJANSI

Special collection for Turkey for the Paris Olympics

Türkiye'nin Olimpiyatlardaki 100. Yılına Özel Tasarım -  www.mahalligundem.com - Haber Portalı

https://turksporajansi.com/2024/04/20/adidastan-turkiyeye-ozel-koleksiyon/

https://www.fanatik.com.tr/olimpiyatlar/paris-olimpiyatlari-icin-turkiyeye-ozel-koleksiyon-2545278

Back to the Team USA Nike basketball jerseys for a bit. I'm thinking once again for the women's team they will continuously sport the red version to what we see in the men's uniforms...actually, we no longer need to speculate on that red because the women definitely WILL wear red in their Nike versions. Spain, Japan, France, and China are also shown here on the mannequins. However, France and Japan will sport the Jordan jumpman insignia in theirs rather than the Swoosh. On the shorts' waist, the USA will have the stars as opposed to the global basketball logo. Yet to see Canada's Paris 2024 basketball uniforms but, since Canada Basketball is with Nike as its official outfitter, it will have to follow that template shown:

https://www.cbssports.com/olympics/news/us-olympic-uniforms-nike-unveils-what-lebron-aja-wilson-shacarri-richardson-will-be-wearing-in-paris/

On 4/27/2024 at 8:45 AM, TorchbearerSydney said:

To me seems a pretty forgettable year for competition clothing-lots of safe block colours...all in the same style.

I think alot of it has to do with Nike/Adidas (and a handful of other big active wear brand) partnering with multiple NOCs more and more with each Olympics.

Its homogenising everything.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

1000x better than the competition kit. Love it. B)

Hope the shirt doesn't trigger the fragile flag police though. (actually, I kinda hope it does)

Edited by Rob2012
  • Haha 1

On 5/17/2024 at 5:08 PM, Sir Rols said:

Is it just me? I like this better than our Olympic uniforms.

Agree - I don't love it, but its a nice relief from the repetitive Sportscraft look Australia has been donning at most Games since Melbourne 2006 (I believe it was an ode to the 1956 Olympic uniform).

Now the green and gold blazers are somewhat permanent and its getting a little boring. 

spacer.png

• Thanks 1