Couture de Paris: 2024 Team Uniforms Catwalk

We must be getting close - the team uniforms are starting to be unveiled. Team Oz unveiled their’s today.

Paris Olympic Games uniforms for the Australian team revealed in Sydney

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

They’re based around indigenous designs and motifs

Paul Fleming, an Indigenous Australian from Wakka Wakka Wanyurr Majay, Yuggera Country who boxed for Australia at the 2008 Olympics, was instrumental in creating the Indigenous aspects of the uniforms.

Fleming teamed with Torres Strait Islander artist David Bosun to create the designs to be worn by Australia's athletes and officials at the Paris Olympics starting in late July.

Every piece of the Olympic uniform features Australian sport's green and gold colour scheme and incorporates an Indigenous print.

No sign of the ceremonial attire yet.

Edited by Sir Rols
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sir Rols said:

Definitely on the cards… is it too early yet?

Yeah, I'd say it's a bit too early still. But maybe we can have some teasers 'til then, perhaps? lol

3 minutes ago, Scotguy II said:

Lol, i did say guy before... still waiting on @Sir Rolsto tell me who the very tall hot guy in that group pic is haha

I just figured being back in Scotland had sent you straight.

ABC story doesn’t list who he is… probably a basketballer 

19 minutes ago, Scotguy II said:

Never too early mate, especially for those hot male bodies :P 

9 minutes ago, FYI said:

Yeah, I'd say it's a bit too early still. But maybe we can have some teasers 'til then, perhaps? lol

Personally, I was going to wait till Macron took his swim in the Seine

Yes you did, but there still could've been some confusion (cause apparently Rol's was then lol), & thought that's who you could've meant. But there was also the shorter guy to the far right, also with his hands on his hips, who also is a cutie, too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Rols said:

I just figured being back in Scotland had sent you straight.

:lol:

3 minutes ago, Sir Rols said:

Personally, I was going to wait till Macron took his swim in the Seine

The (un)official inauguration of hot bodies of the Games, 2024 edition!! :lol:

On 3/6/2024 at 11:25 PM, Sir Rols said:

We must be getting close - the team uniforms are starting to be unveiled. Team Oz unveiled their’s today.

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

They’re based around indigenous designs and motifs

Paul Fleming, an Indigenous Australian from Wakka Wakka Wanyurr Majay, Yuggera Country who boxed for Australia at the 2008 Olympics, was instrumental in creating the Indigenous aspects of the uniforms.

Fleming teamed with Torres Strait Islander artist David Bosun to create the designs to be worn by Australia's athletes and officials at the Paris Olympics starting in late July.

Every piece of the Olympic uniform features Australian sport's green and gold colour scheme and incorporates an Indigenous print.

No sign of the ceremonial attire yet.

And here's the brief related highlight video showcasing the 2024 Australian Olympic Team unis presented by Asics at the Sydney Harbour from the AOC/Australian Olympic Team's YouTube channel. Do like the Aboriginal designs and flower-like print on them. Can't tell if the basketball uniforms are a part of this here since, for one thing, there's no basketball players represented here since they're actively plying their trade. Do recall the Beijing 2022 Australia Winter Olympic uniforms had some of those Aboriginal designs too:

• 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Cyriln said:

Elegant, like a business meeting on the riverside!

On 4/14/2024 at 2:41 AM, Sir Rols said:

Should be some some scope for the “Hot Bods“ thread

‘My hoo haa is gonna be out’: US Olympians slam Nike for skimpy women’s track kit

spacer.png

That short model is a crime against the woman athletes, dear lord. The fact this was shown as a option in first place might be just a bit more telling on how the suits see them, because if you produce something this impratically revealing for elite atlethics, to the point using it is absolutely detrimental, you definitevely should have someone in board more sane to shot that down, double points if this person is the target audience of your product, women athletes. Women in general, actually.

On 3/7/2024 at 4:25 PM, Sir Rols said:

spacer.png

At risk of sounding like a Melburnian with a chip on my shoulder....... [deep breath] I'd love to see the AOC do this kind of promotional work of our team outside Sydney for once. I feel like ever since the 2000 Olympics they've either had them at Bondi or Mrs Macquaries Chair. 
Would be pretty jarring for the Team Australia uniforms in 2032 to be unveiled against the backdrop of anything but Brisbane. Probably a matter of convenience but would be nice to see the rest of the country represented instead of what seems like very 'Team Sydney' marketing.