Pound Attacks Armstrong Inquiry

Not surprising. UCI and Lance have been at odds with Dickie for awhile now. Anything less than a public lynching of Armstrong will not be to Dickies satisfaction.

Besides, he hasn't had much publicity since Torino. Poor thing. So this was a perfect opportunity to get his name back in the news. <_<

Just out of interest,what are people's gut feelings about this?

Was Armstrong guilty or not? I can't make up my mind about it.

It seems to be getting to a point where, to my mind, the very ability of WADA's president to do his job credibly is being compromised by his apparent insistance that any suspicion around any sportsman is a sign of guilt. Whatever happened to being innocent until proven guilty?

It seems to be getting to a point where, to my mind, the very ability of WADA's president to do his job credibly is being compromised by his apparent insistance that any suspicion around any sportsman is a sign of guilt. Whatever happened to being innocent until proven guilty?

Most Americans are taking this with a pinch of salt.

As far as we know, there is nothing behind the allegations. We just look at them as empty, accusations by some jealous Europeans.

finally their leaving Arsmtrong alone....I agree with what everyone has said on here...it is good and important to have doping regulations and everything, but there is a fine line between punishing offenders and conducting a random witchhunt just for the hell of it and to look tough....

I also really think Dick Pound is continuing to make an emabrassment of himself, and honestly believe he should be removed from his position as head of the Anti-Doping area of the IOC, because he is certainly going about this in the wrong way and losing the trust of the athletes.....

Pound needs to go. He is an embarrassment to the Canadian Olympic Committee.

It always pains me when I have to agree with Michelle - and it has been a few times this year - but Pound is an embarresment to Canada.

He has been pissy towards the United States since his wife got arrested during the 1996 Olympics (disorderly conduct or something). So his current outburst doesn't surprise me.

Lance - I don't think he was ever doping. Anyone who has been on these boards for any length of time know that I am so anti-doping and wishing people such as Marian Jones, Tim Montgomrery, etc. nothing but the worst. I may be wrong - but just knowing his background, character, etc. I don't think Lance would cheat.

Even though Michelle sees my posts as "boring", "stale" and "troll-like", I have been saying all this time that Pound has finally gone the way of the IOC's past, when JAS was in power. That's why I keep saying that Canada needed another IOC member besides him. Sure, he was quite a person, when he was admitted into the club in 1978. He has done a few things for the IOC that was instrumental over the years. Now, I think it is time for Canada to reassert itself in the IOC with new blood and ideas. The appointment of Beckie Scott now and others in the past is a good start.

Archived