Gay Mounties To Marry

Gay Mounties plan to exchange vows

On a Friday night this June, Constable Jason Tree and Constable David Connors will don their scarlet dress uniforms, stand before family, friends and co-workers, and wed in what will apparently be the first same-sex marriage in Royal Canadian Mounted Police history.

In an interview in their Meteghan home Wednesday, the men said they've had great support from the national police force, the community and their families.

"I've never had a single problem," said Tree, 27, a native of Fredericton who has worked in southwestern Nova Scotia for six years and is posted in Meteghan.

The pair, who've dated since their days at the University of New Brunswick more than eight years ago, will be married by a justice of the peace at the Rodd Grand Hotel in Yarmouth, N.S., on June 30.

Each will write their own vows, and each will have a best man.

They expect plenty of fellow officers to attend, but have yet to decide if they'll have their colleagues form an honour guard for them.

They plan to honeymoon in France and England.

Provincial RCMP spokesman Sergeant Frank Skidmore said the force was happy to hear about the union, adding that they're proud RCMP officers reflect all aspects of the community.

"This is a first for us," Skidmore said Wednesday.

"Certainly, the RCMP welcomes a workforce that is representative of Canadian society, and that is the case here."

Connors, 28, who grew up in Nackawic, N.B., and Tree had met before university because their high school clubs met with one another occasionally.

However, once they got to university, they discovered their mutual attraction.

"He kind of stood out from the rest," Connors said.

untitled.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Together now "AAAAWWWWWWW!!!"

I'm a little bit dissapointed the phot shows them in blue or white uniform - I thought the Canadian mounties have a red uniform...

the red uniform is the formal dress, as in for special events. the blue is their everyday wear.

I can imagine that the red would be out in full force at the exchange of vows.

the red uniform is the formal dress, as in for special events. the blue is their everyday wear.

I can imagine that the red would be out in full force at the exchange of vows.

ohhh - I hope there will be several mounties, who form a honour guard and with sprawled out swords...

I would like to see the pics of the wedding here...

mounties.jpg

STOP IT X! Your just teasing me. You know how I love the mounties :wub:

Say Apple - how about you donning a scarlett Mountie uniform and coming for a visit? :P

Say Apple - how about you donning a scarlett Mountie uniform and coming for a visit? :P

Sure as long I get a free trip to San Francisco.

OH **** I forgot to tell lol. I actually met Jeff Buttle about 3 weeks ago. At work I made a great friend which she happens to be a figure skater and coaches it. So one day I confessed and told her I used to go and do figure skating as a kid and showed her my pictures lol. Yes yes people haha laugh away. But anyways I went with her during her coaching and she told me someone special is gonna show up. I figured it would be something stupid. But nope it was JEFF! I fucking literally just dropped to the floor lol. The guy has MASSIVE choppers lol with a perfect smile. It was just amazing. So basically I now love Karyn, I call her superstar now. But I was pissed she didn't bring a camera though.

I always knew Mr. X's dream was a Canadian centered world.

LA84, we should so make a trip to Toronto, Montreal, or Vancouver sometime and pick us up some mounties!!!!! :D

Notice in that picture how they managed to include the entire Canadian Air Force. I guess they managed to get all their helicopters started. :lol:

As for going mountie hunting, where do you find them? I've been to Toronto dozens of times and never once saw one running around in his dress uniform. Now occasionally when you are on St. Catherines St. in Montreal there will be some muscle dude running around in a skimpy mountie uniform, but I want a real mountie! :D

Hmmmm - now I am feeling like having a weekend of debauchery. Perhaps it is time to go up to Montreal again . . .

OH **** I forgot to tell lol. I actually met Jeff Buttle about 3 weeks ago

Did you tell young Jeff about me? :wub:

lol no. We talked about figure skating and I made a joke about Princessy Johnny Weir which he liked lol. Joked about he should talk to Colgate or Crest for money. Told him I wish him luck in Vancouver 2010. Then after that I bowed for like 5 minutes to Karyn lol.

After that Karyn and I debated if he's gay or not lol.

Hmmmm - now I am feeling like having a weekend of debauchery. Perhaps it is time to go up to Montreal again . . .

Well, LA, this is the summer to come to Montreal then!

N_top_g_en.jpg

The 1st World Outgames are here in July/August, and there are already over 10,000 athletes registered.

Official Website - 1st World Outgames - Montreal 2006

BR_Affiche_01.jpg

Archived