JACA 2007 and EXPO ZARAGOZA 2008

skicross

Jaca 2007 hopes help Madrid 16

Jaca will help Madrid 16 olympic bid with a good image of Spain in the EYOF 2007.

The image that Jaca will give to the 44 European Committees present during the European Youth Olympic Festival will be the image of all Spain, so Jaca will do the best in order to help Madrid to get the Games.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very amazing! :)

Yes, it is awesome! I hope that it is finished on time, for the opening ceremony on 18th February, i am going to be there that night, that will be great too.

About the opening ceremony, it will be in the New Ice Palace of course, there will be a torch route through Jaca at least, and a caldruon that may be inside the Ice Palace. The King of Spain will preside the event, there will be the olympic flag thing too...

In this pic, that I posted before, you can see the huge difference between the new and the old ice palace.

I can't wait until February to see the first Olympic event in The Pyrennes!! :)

251006-1g.jpg

The European Union subsidizes with 400,000 euros the Jaca 2007 Olympic Festival.

In addition, it emphasizes that “Jaca is one of the main winter sport centers in Spain and it has all the necessary infrastructures and a long experience in the organization of important sport events”.

The European Union subsidizes with 400,000 euros the Jaca 2007 Olympic Festival.

In addition, it emphasizes that “Jaca is one of the main winter sport centers in Spain and it has all the necessary infrastructures and a long experience in the organization of important sport events”.

Interesting. If I remember rightly, the entire operating budget for the Paris 2003 FOJE/EYOF (although these were, after all, a summer games, which makes a comparison more difficult) was 4 million €.

On a separate note, have you sent your confirmation details to Ana Bélen Jarne yet, Carlos? They are needing this information quite urgently so hat they know how many volunteers they will have available to them. I look forward to working with you.

Interesting. If I remember rightly, the entire operating budget for the Paris 2003 FOJE/EYOF (although these were, after all, a summer games, which makes a comparison more difficult) was 4 million €.

On a separate note, have you sent your confirmation details to Ana Bélen Jarne yet, Carlos? They are needing this information quite urgently so hat they know how many volunteers they will have available to them. I look forward to working with you.

Yes of course, i have sent it. Jaca 2007 already has more than 1000 volunteers but only 600 will be chosen.

As i said, I can't wait until February to see the first Olympic event in The Pyrennes!! :)

See you in Jaca!

BTW, what do you think of the last pics of the Ice Palace? It is very impressive.

Yes of course, i have sent it. Jaca 2007 already has more than 1000 volunteers but only 600 will be chosen.

As i said, I can't wait until February to see the first Olympic event in The Pyrennes!! :)

See you in Jaca!

BTW, what do you think of the last pics of the Ice Palace? It is very impressive.

It certainly does look impressive, indeed. Thank for those!

From the 1000 that applied, I might be mistaken but I understand only 300 or so bothered to fill in the basic training and confirmation?

It certainly does look impressive, indeed. Thank for those!

From the 1000 that applied, I might be mistaken but I understand only 300 or so bothered to fill in the basic training and confirmation?

Actually, from the 1100 that applied, almost 450 have finished the "formation training". In total i think that there are about 400 volunteers so far.

The BIE website had a news brief about Zaragoza 2008 holding its first international planning meeting with Expo participants, sponsors, partners and various government officials. This meeting will take place today and tomorrow.

The BIE website had a news brief about Zaragoza 2008 holding its first international planning meeting with Expo participants, sponsors, partners and various government officials. This meeting will take place today and tomorrow.

Yes, Zaragoza will hold from tomorrow until Friday its first international planning meeting.

About the works, i see them everyday and i have to say that they go a bit slow, although the main buldings are fairly advanced. I will post pictures of them soon...

For the people who don't know what EXPO Zaragoza 2008 is yet:

The International EXPO of ZARAGOZA 2008 will be the Spanish most important event in 2008.

Here is a great video in ENGLISH with all the info about EXPO ZARAGOZA 2008:

and the official website:

logofondoazul(19).jpg

Wow!! More than 4000 guest visits in less than six months! :)

This is more that what i expected when i started the topic... It is the only active topic of 'Eliminated 2014 Olympic Winter Games Bids'.

I am really happy about the fact that people are interested in Jaca and Zaragoza too.

The New Ice Palace of Jaca has cost 21,9 million of Euros so far, it had an initial budget of 12 millions Euros...

Exactly, 21.902.514 euros. To reduce the price, the cover has suffer a tiny change.

Despite its high price, Jaca deserved it! It is awesome!

Archived