JACA 2007 and EXPO ZARAGOZA 2008

skicross

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I have already answered your questions i hope that you find the information useful :D , if anybody has any questions about Jaca and the area, i can answer them.

These are the works of the Jaca's Ice Palace, 20/07/2006:

200706-4g.jpg

200706-3g.jpg

200706-2g.jpg

200706-1g.jpg

The official song and the new video of the Olympic Festival will be presented next Thursday 27th.

Jaca 2007 will has its own official music composed by Manuel Pacho, which will be used in the opening and closing ceremonies, in the delivery of medals, etc.

Besides, the new video presented in Bucarest will be shown, it counts with the participation of Jose Maria Rienda, Jordi Font, Sheila Herrero or Evgeni Plushenko among other.

plushenkovideog.jpg

JACA2014,

I know you've probably answered this question somewhere already... but I can't seem to find the info anywhere.. :(

What is the seating capacity in that beautiful, incredible, AWESOME new hockey arena? That place is soooooooo nice!

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...
JACA2014,

I know you've probably answered this question somewhere already... but I can't seem to find the info anywhere.. :(

What is the seating capacity in that beautiful, incredible, AWESOME new hockey arena? That place is soooooooo nice!

Thanks!!

Hi!

Forgive me for answering so late but I have been on holiday in London (London is awesome!) and in Andorra La Vella.

This beautiful and awesome hockey arena has seats for 6000 people, i don't know a lot about hockey so i don't know if this capacity is OK for a hockey arena.

What do you think?

Well, there is a great piece of news about JACA 2007 and EXPO ZARAGOZA 2008 since both organizations have decided to join their forces to promote themselves together in the events in Aragon and in the organization of the volunteers.

fontpinwi.jpg91416813_a87da6d6a5_m.jpg

Besides, the works of the Jaca's Ice Palace have been updated:

27/07/2006:

270706-4g.jpg

270706-3g.jpg

270706-2g.jpg

270706-1g.jpg

02/08/2006:

020806-4g.jpg

020806-3g.jpg

020806-2g.jpg

020806-1g.jpg

08/08/2006:

080806-4g.jpg

080806-3g.jpg

080806-2g.jpg

080806-1g.jpg

Enjoy the pictures!!!

pity about jaca not making the shortlist...is it just me or does the ice arena seem a bit small..

It seems adquate for the EYOF (which is a fairly small event - the summer edition in Paris in 2003 had a budget of 4 million euros) and for community use. They could always plan to increase it for the Olympics if they needed and they were to bid again.

It seems adquate for the EYOF (which is a fairly small event - the summer edition in Paris in 2003 had a budget of 4 million euros) and for community use. They could always plan to increase it for the Olympics if they needed and they were to bid again.

About the dimensions of the new Jaca's Ice Palace, from Jaca 2007 Website:

The new building, that will cost about 20 million euros, is distinguished by its dome-shaped structure, which is formed by a membrane that alternates with an opaque, glass and steel surface. The creators have defined it as a ‘drop of water’ that evokes typical elements found in Pyrenees weather and which harmoniously integrates itself within the mountainous surroundings.

The façade drops out of sight and the roof flows to the ground. In order to avoid the abrupt reductions of the need for acclimatization, the dome displays greater transparencies towards the north and is more protected on the south side. The pavilion will have an ice surface of 2706, 22 square meters, divided into two tracks; one for competition with Olympic measurements and the other, smaller in size, for recreational and complementary uses.Indeed, this is yet another one of the most significant elements of the new pavilion. This new structure will be built next to the existing ice rink, which will be demolished after celebrating the European Youth Olympic Festival.

The capacity of the Ice Rink would be 6000 people according to the 2014 Jaca's Bidbook.

Yesterday, I returned from Jaca and, of course, I visited the New Ice Palace, it is going to be awesome. The works continue and the Ice Palace will be ready for the FOJE 2007.

I also visited the palace of congresses where is still instaled the Jaca 2014 office, they are closing it and paying the last payments.

Here are some pictures of the Ice Palace that i took with my mobile phone (click in the picture to enlarge):

thump_26261918082006.jpg

thump_26261818082006(004).jpg

thump_26262118082006(005).jpg

thump_26262318082006(006).jpg

thump_26262518082006(007).jpg

thump_26262718082006(012).jpg

thump_262628pano_002.jpg

It's a nice structure, but what good would a 6,000 stadium do for a future Olympic bid? I mean, that's an acceptable capacity for an indoor speed-skating rink but that building doesn't look like it can house an indoor speed skating rink. And there's no room for expansion. So what future bidding purpose will it serve?

It's a nice structure, but what good would a 6,000 stadium do for a future Olympic bid? I mean, that's an acceptable capacity for an indoor speed-skating rink but that building doesn't look like it can house an indoor speed skating rink. And there's no room for expansion. So what future bidding purpose will it serve?

Yes, the capacity is more than acceptable for the FOJE but for an Olympic Games i also have some doubts.

About if there is a room for expansion, I don't know it yet, but i will know it soon because i will be volunteer for the FOJE 2007.

The ice arena has two ice tracks, "one for competition with Olympic measurements and the other, smaller in size, for recreational and complementary uses", maybe the "comlementay uses" means that is possible to join both ice rinks to make a bigger one for bigger events, but i am not sure.

The pictures of the poyect make me think that is posible to "join" both tracks, see the pictures below:

pista4g.gif

This would be the "Olympic" rink.

pista5g.gif

But here, the tier has dissapeared and the ice rink is much bigger.

pista6g.gif

Here is the olympic rink with the tier again.

Anyway, this year the construction of a High Effciency Center is supposed to start in Jaca with another ice rink, so i think that both ice stadiums could be used for a future Olympic Games, but i was talking with some people in Jaca and they told me that Jaca won't present a new bid in a long time, maybe for 2022 or 2026. But they aslo told me that there are other cites which could be interested in presenting a sooner bid in Spain, such as Zaragoza (after the EXPO 2008 with Jaca as "smaller host city") or Granada again.

Yes, the capacity is more than acceptable for the FOJE but for an Olympic Games i also have some doubts.

About if there is a room for expansion, I don't know it yet, but i will know it soon because i will be volunteer for the FOJE 2007.

The ice arena has two ice tracks, "one for competition with Olympic measurements and the other, smaller in size, for recreational and complementary uses", maybe the "comlementay uses" means that is possible to join both ice rinks to make a bigger one for bigger events, but i am not sure.

The pictures of the poyect make me think that is posible to "join" both tracks, see the pictures below:

pista4g.gif

This would be the "Olympic" rink.

pista5g.gif

But here, the tier has dissapeared and the ice rink is much bigger.

pista6g.gif

Here is the olympic rink with the tier again.

Again, nice photos, Jaca. But does Spain even have an ice hockey league?

Archived