The World in 30 Countries

Italy-Spain-Andorra-Portugal would work. Our languages are nearly the same, our character is the same and we're phisically equal. :oops:

yeaaaaahhhh let's do the europeanmediterranean republic!!!!

or the Republic of Everlastingsummer...ehehehe

Quintana, the true Germanic language is spoken by only about 50,000 people on the islands above the Netherlands and Germany, and a bit of the Dutch mainland. I forget what its called, but it is the closest current language to what was German all those years ago.

You asked for it:

execution.jpg

Dutch is in a way a more archaic (and clearly superior :wink:) form of Germanic than German. High German (= official German) underwent the Second Germanic consonant shift (appel became apfel) between the 3rd and 5th centuries AD, Dutch (and Low German for that matter) did not. However, Dutch is not a Low German language but a Low Franconian language.

benrath.jpg

Germany is a great trade partner and we Dutchies don't have big problems with them anymore. The war is forgotten (although some people in Rotterdam are still pissed about the destruction of what was once the most beautiful city in The Netherlands) and we are even starting to recover from the lost world cup final in 1974 (some of us can even admit the Germans were the better team on the day). Sharing a country with them is a bridge the far though, we still need our bicycles back :blush:

Okay,okay,I'll rephrase what I said:

A German is a Dutchman gone slightly wrong! Does that sound better?  :oo:

Do I get a reprieve?  :o

Mind you,I expect I'll have all the Germans here baying for my blood now.Sigh!!  :kungfu:

Quintana, the true Germanic language is spoken by only about 50,000 people on the islands above the Netherlands and Germany, and a bit of the Dutch mainland. I forget what its called, but it is the closest current language to what was German all those years ago.

Is this the language you mean?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frisian_language

Is this the language you mean?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frisian_language

Sounds about right.

Frisian is actually spoken by about 350,000 people in The Netherlands and a few thousand in Germany. The kind of Frisian spoken in the Dutch province of Friesland is relatively easy to understand for a native Dutch speaker due to the influence Dutch had on it. However, Frisian is closer related to English than it is to Dutch or German.

I seriously doubt it is closest to what German was many years ago since it underwent several vowel shifts itself.

Well if Bernard's heaven would be the world in 30 countries, Faster's heaven would undoubtedly be the world in 1300 countries.

He promotes every movement of independence in the world, be it grounded or not, and praises division instead of union wherever it is possible. But well...Can we really give any credit to someone who thinks Ontario should be independent?! Ridiculous but scary at the same time...One more proof that people who don't know a single thing about politics by lack of culture shouldn't get involved in it.

Well if Bernard's heaven would be the world in 30 countries, Faster's heaven would undoubtedly be the world in 1300 countries.

He promotes every movement of independence in the world, be it grounded or not, and praises division instead of union wherever it is possible. But well...Can we really give any credit to someone who thinks Ontario should be independent?! Ridiculous but scary at the same time...One more proof that people who don't know a single thing about politics by lack of culture shouldn't get involved in it.

I don't support every one

I support:

Kosovo

Somaliland

South Sudan

I Don't Support

Euskal Herria

Catalonia

Corsica

Sardina

Vojvodina

Faroe Islands

Chechnya

Tibet

Aceh

And you forgot to mention you also support Ontario's independence.. :;): Are you scared that might harm your credibility?

I would support it, but it will never to happen.

Furthermore I don't support Trans Dneisteria and the Georgian breakaway republics. Though i support Taiwan.

I don't support every one

I support:

Kosovo

Somaliland

South Sudan

I Don't Support

Euskal Herria

Catalonia

Corsica

Sardina

Vojvodina

Faroe Islands

Chechnya

Tibet

Aceh

ehmmmmm

there's NO problem in sardinia!!!!

in fact that region was one of the first in the italian reign...i mean one of the founders as i can call them like that.

there were/are superlittle groups of fanatics...but i wouldn't count'em at all. sardinida is proud to be italian and proud to have founded our beautiful country!!!!

ok, i'm sorry, i've just realized what you were saying.

You were talking about a party named LEGA LOMBARDA. It was at the government till last month. But I wouldn't associate this think with Vojvodina or even Catalunya. I live in Lombardy and there's not a "I want to be alone" problem but just a "I am the richest region of Italy and I do pay a huge percentage for the poor regions, please let me spend my money as I want..." or something like that. There's a secession problem no more.

I repeat I wouldn't link this kind of politics not even with the Catalunyian one (not talking about the others which are even moooooore complicated). I lived in there too and there the problem is bigger. Although in here Lega Lombarda is in the region executive, there's no idea of special regional constitution, which there is in Barcelona.

Anyway, there are different type of Nation/Country problems: the simple ones (Catalunya, Euskadi, Corsega...) which are placed in stable Countries and totally democratic ones and will be solved in any case sooner or later; the very complicated ones (Vojvodina, Aceh, Kosovo, Tibet...) which are in a very complicated geographical, economical, political, international contest. So please don't put everything on the same level.

as i told in the last message i didn't understand in the first moment what you were saying. sorry.

this is what wiki tells about lega nord:

The Northern League (Italian: Lega Nord) is an Italian political party which advocates autonomy for that part of Northern Italy which they call Padania. (See the article for usage of this geo-political term). It is a personality-driven party led by Umberto Bossi.

But i think it should be updated cause they don't put independence at the first line of their program anymore.

see ya

there it is...looking more in wiki:

The renewed alliance with Berlusconi in 2001 forced the party to tone down, and Padania became the name of a proposed "macro-region", for which the League asks some degree of autonomy. The new buzzword devolution (often used in English) was also introduced, but with less success than federalism.

The choice to tone down and settle just for devolution instead of secession caused criticism by part of his party's base, which led to the formation of some minor breakaway factions.

Now in june there's a constitutional referendum, to change our constitution in a federalistic way, which i hope will not have success.

see ya again

You were talking about a party named LEGA LOMBARDA. It was at the government till last month. But I wouldn't associate this think with Vojvodina or even Catalunya. I live in Lombardy and there's not a "I want to be alone" problem but just a "I am the richest region of Italy and I do pay a huge percentage for the poor regions, please let me spend my money as I want..." or something like that. There's a secession problem no more.

I repeat I wouldn't link this kind of politics not even with the Catalunyian one (not talking about the others which are even moooooore complicated). I lived in there too and there the problem is bigger. Although in here Lega Lombarda is in the region executive, there's no idea of special regional constitution, which there is in Barcelona.

Anyway, there are different type of Nation/Country problems: the simple ones (Catalunya, Euskadi, Corsega...) which are placed in stable Countries and totally democratic ones and will be solved in any case sooner or later; the very complicated ones (Vojvodina, Aceh, Kosovo, Tibet...) which are in a very complicated geographical, economical, political, international contest. So please don't put everything on the same level.

Are you talking about the Statutes of Autonomy? :oops: All the Autonomous Communities and Autonomous Cities (Ceuta and Melilla) have one.

CataluÑa won't never be a country. In the renovation of the Statute of Autonomy last year they put a mention to have a national team in the Olympics and other international sports competitions, of course, this was changed. In the introduction it says: "The Catalonians feel they're a nation inside Spain...". The problem with this Statute were the airports, ports, taxes and other things.

Are you talking about the Statutes of Autonomy? :oops: All the Autonomous Communities and Autonomous Cities (Ceuta and Melilla) have one.

CataluÑa won't never be a country. In the renovation of the Statute of Autonomy last year they put a mention to have a national team in the Olympics and other international sports competitions, of course, this was changed. In the introduction it says: "The Catalonians feel they're a nation inside Spain...". The problem with this Statute were the airports, ports, taxes and other things.

yes i was talking about that

thanx for explanation

but as you said, the "autonomic party" (i mean the ones who wants independence) are still very strong....or not?

Archived