The official 'Ask Puppy' thread!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gillard. I was a big Rudd supporter at first - however his ego has left me unimpressed. Some of the tales of his temper and sense of entitlement are breathtaking. I have heard that Julia can be dismissive with stupid questions - but no-one has anything really bad to say about her character. Not so with Rudd. Rudd's first 100 days in office will go down in Aussie political history though. We all had such high hopes Kevo would continue along that path of just getting stuff done... Didn't happen... Sad...

Abbott? I'd rather move to Russia then deal with a second term of that whining little prat. Thus I am on realestate.ru as I type...

I think i'm in love with you.

I think i'm in love with you.

That was not in question form.

What will the IOC change therefore the cities of the western nations will stay in the bid process for Olympic Games?

I think the Summer Games are in fine form to be honest. They are still getting alpha/beta-cities queueing up for those.

As for Winter - the IOC needs to make a few things very, very clear.

No new stadium for ceremonies. Temporary venues wherever possible/plausible. They need to kick in more funding for security. They need to make it very clear that having venues hundreds of kilometres apart is only going to be acceptible if adequate transport is in place at the time of the bid. No promising high speed trains and vast road upgrades. They should also ask a bidding city to put forward two candidates where possible and have both studied. After one is determined to be the beter option then that city can move on. They should have an independent body do that step - keep it neutral.

The IOC also needs to come to the party and offer every host city a contingency fund (let's say $250 million) that can be accessed only when the cost over-runs are for legitimate reasons. So if your bubble roof ends up costing too much - tough - scale back. If heavy snow means you have to move a ski run a bit further into the mountain range and you need to build temporary facilities around it - then yes. Use the fund.

Otherwise set a budget for the bids - and enforce it.

Furthermore the IOC should be approaching the NOCs directly and asking if they want to bid. Don't wait for another Oslo fiasco. Make sure all that sh!t is sorted and the guarantees are signed prior to the candidacy phase. Weed out the half-arsed bids. If the IOC went to the Norwegians two years ago and said "Hey 2022 is coming up - you've shown some interest in the past. Do a survey in Lillehammer, Tromso, Oslo and Trondheim. We'll come in and do one and let's see what we can do together". Take the Games on as a full financial partnership perhaps. There is enough money to be made for everyone.

Also talk to PC, Sochi, Vanc and SLC. Set up an avenue where past hosts can step in with shorter notice if the IOC funds the village etc. The village can be gifted housing. The IOC needs to have something in place so if they are ever faced with the choice of Borjomi VS Baku they can say "ah let's talk to the Canadians first".

The IOC should never find themselves in a position where they have to give the marquee Winter event to a third rate shithole simply because they are the only option.

Sorry for the rant - but I refuse to condemn Oslo when the IOC has let the Games get so out of control the greatest Winter sporting nation in the world cannot muster the enthusiasm to host them.

What would be the easiest & quickest way to transform FIFA from a Mafia cartel to a body which does 'care about football'?

Get rid of Blatter.

Edited as after they ditch the Swiss they need a strong personality to step in - I would say put Dick Pound in charge to clean it up.

Where you going?

my dad's job is taking him to Houston *again* , but my mom wants us to go back to Tampa. If I'm lucky I can go back home, but we will probably end up in Houston again.

That was not in question form.

I think the Summer Games are in fine form to be honest. They are still getting alpha/beta-cities queueing up for those.

As for Winter - the IOC needs to make a few things very, very clear.

No new stadium for ceremonies. Temporary venues wherever possible/plausible. They need to kick in more funding for security. They need to make it very clear that having venues hundreds of kilometres apart is only going to be acceptible if adequate transport is in place at the time of the bid. No promising high speed trains and vast road upgrades. They should also ask a bidding city to put forward two candidates where possible and have both studied. After one is determined to be the beter option then that city can move on. They should have an independent body do that step - keep it neutral.

The IOC also needs to come to the party and offer every host city a contingency fund (let's say $250 million) that can be accessed only when the cost over-runs are for legitimate reasons. So if your bubble roof ends up costing too much - tough - scale back. If heavy snow means you have to move a ski run a bit further into the mountain range and you need to build temporary facilities around it - then yes. Use the fund.

Otherwise set a budget for the bids - and enforce it.

Furthermore the IOC should be approaching the NOCs directly and asking if they want to bid. Don't wait for another Oslo fiasco. Make sure all that sh!t is sorted and the guarantees are signed prior to the candidacy phase. Weed out the half-arsed bids. If the IOC went to the Norwegians two years ago and said "Hey 2022 is coming up - you've shown some interest in the past. Do a survey in Lillehammer, Tromso, Oslo and Trondheim. We'll come in and do one and let's see what we can do together". Take the Games on as a full financial partnership perhaps. There is enough money to be made for everyone.

Also talk to PC, Sochi, Vanc and SLC. Set up an avenue where past hosts can step in with shorter notice if the IOC funds the village etc. The village can be gifted housing. The IOC needs to have something in place so if they are ever faced with the choice of Borjomi VS Baku they can say "ah let's talk to the Canadians first".

The IOC should never find themselves in a position where they have to give the marquee Winter event to a third rate shithole simply because they are the only option.

Sorry for the rant - but I refuse to condemn Oslo when the IOC has let the Games get so out of control the greatest Winter sporting nation in the world cannot muster the enthusiasm to host them.

I'm in love with you TNMP...just yes to all of that.

WILL YOU COME WITH ME TO QATAR 2022????

DO YOU RECOGNIZE A GOD ABOVE THE CHRISTMAS PRESENT STADIUM BECAUSE I SURE DON'T?

WHY DOES MR BERNHAM THINK THIS THREAD HAS SUDDENLY BECOME ABOUT HIS BORING ASS LIFE?

WHY AM I SHOUTING IN CAPSLOCK?

What are the top ten places you would like to visit next?

Hmm. I don't know if I can provide ten.

I'd love to spend a good month or two travelling around Iceland, maybe the Faroe Islands as well.

I would like to see that huge statue of the Africans they had built in Dakar. Just to stand back and go - "hmmm - money well spent".

I have a tour of North Korea booked for May 2015 so that'll take that one off the bucket list.

I really want to go back to Salzburg - plus I suppose since I own a unit in Munich I better head back there as well and scare my tenants who think I am a fictional creation on the other side of the world.

I suppose this is a good time to let you all know I am heading to the USA tomorrow (Seattle) then up to Vanc for a few days before coming home via Tokyo and Hong Kong. I'll try to gab a few pics of the Tokyo National Stadium being torn down.

WILL YOU COME WITH ME TO QATAR 2022????

DO YOU RECOGNIZE A GOD ABOVE THE CHRISTMAS PRESENT STADIUM BECAUSE I SURE DON'T?

WHY DOES MR BERNHAM THINK THIS THREAD HAS SUDDENLY BECOME ABOUT HIS BORING ASS LIFE?

WHY AM I SHOUTING IN CAPSLOCK?

Yes. No. As long as he responds in question form I will allow it - for now. You forgot to turn off the capslock button and are too lazy to retype? Or maybe - most excitingly - you are reintroducing capital letters to your posts?

the answer to your last point is no? it's a shame that i can only speak to you in question form in this thread? i hope you get thrown into a NK labor camp? where instead of physical labor they put you in a room with a laptop and you have to talk to tony e all day every day in a maddening barrage of PMs that go nowhere, and every hour you have to have all the conversations you just had all over again?

it's supposed to break you twice as fast?

I'll try to gab a few pics of the Tokyo National Stadium being torn down

According to NHK news and other major Japanese media,demolition will start in December. If you will be staying in Tokyo during 6th to 12th in October,you can enjoy an event "1964 Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games 50th Anniversary Week" at Marunouchi Oazo OO Hiroba.http://tokyo1964.jp/#link_display

Have a good stay in Tokyo!

the answer to your last point is no? it's a shame that i can only speak to you in question form in this thread? i hope you get thrown into a NK labor camp? where instead of physical labor they put you in a room with a laptop and you have to talk to tony e all day every day in a maddening barrage of PMs that go nowhere, and every hour you have to have all the conversations you just had all over again?

it's supposed to break you twice as fast?

ENGLAND! EGGPLANT!

According to NHK news and other major Japanese media,demolition will start in December. If you will be staying in Tokyo during 6th to 12th in October,you can enjoy an event "1964 Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games 50th Anniversary Week" at Marunouchi Oazo OO Hiroba.http://tokyo1964.jp/#link_display

Have a good stay in Tokyo!

Sadly I arrive the evening of the 12th from LAX so I'll just miss this exhibition :(

What shall we do, when you don't reply to our urgent questions?

I can think of one other person who can be relied upon. (Provided that the question can be answered by the word "London")

That, I will admit, is probably no help to woohooitsme, but they say this is the best time of year to be stuck in visit Huangyuan.

I can think of one other person who can be relied upon. (Provided that the question can be answered by the word "London")

That, I will admit, is probably no help to woohooitsme, but they say this is the best time of year to be stuck in visit Huangyuan.

do you think he stands at attention and bows every time he sees your signature? or a five pound note? or kate's baby bump?

do you think he stands at attention and bows every time he sees your signature? or a five pound note? or kate's baby bump?

Hmmm. Patriotism here in Britain is a strange thing. We were probably the first nation to depict our flag on underpants.

However, I'm confident that Puppy will be able to answer your questions.

Sadly I arrive the evening of the 12th from LAX so I'll just miss this exhibition :(

I went to Tokyo this afternoon for this. You can enjoy some pics of the exhibition by my photobucket album(link address below).

Anyway,welcome to Japan and Tokyo! It's cold in the morning recently and strong typhoon is approaching and will be attacking Tokyo but I do hope you'll enjoy Tokyo ;) .

And I need your wisdom.My 4 year old niece loves playing koala.She loves pole climbing and eating green vegetables first.I do not want her to become a koala,what to do?

Archived