Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NewYork2016

World Trade Center Movie Trailer

I'm pretty sure I'm ready to remind myself of what we've experienced that day. It seems like most New Yorkers have forgotten that we have been face to face with evil on a war we never started... I've seen the trailer and so far, it didn't fail in sending the message accross to me on how cowardly these people attacked our freedom.

World Trade Center Movie teaser trailer

I think it is too soon to make movies (and profits) about this story that is so raw and emotion ridden.  I won't watch any 9-11 movies, except for documentaries.

You know what, before I saw the trailer. I was strongly against seeing this movie, for the sole purpose for it being too soon.

But after seeing it, I feel inclined to see this movie. Now, for me for some reason, it isn't too soon. I guess the trailer was that good. It convinced me.

I like Oliver Stone movies for the most part, so I was already inclined to see this, but I might wait for the DVD instead of seeing it in theatres.

I wasn't sure what to expect - and I am a huge Oliver Stone fan ('Salvador' is one of the greatest movies ever made) - but I just didn't know what he would do to this story.

That trailer is amazing.  Just the scene when the tower has obviously started to fall just shocked the crap out of me - that is something I just never knew would be replicated - not like that.  Not in this film.  That is f*cking powerful imagery and I know that most of the US will not want to see this.

I, however, will be first in line.

That is one of the best trailers I have ever seen.  Perfect - respectful - flawless.  Bring it on.

Wow... It's really impressing.

And it shows once more that the terrorists maybe can take our lives and our buildings. But they can't take our dignity.

I'll certainly watch that movie as soon as it comes to the theatres here in Germany.

I watched that trailer and as per usual, got all choked up.  I still cannot talk about or watch anything about that day without having the same reaction.  So I will not be seeing this film, nor will I see United 93.  As far as it being too soon, there will never be a good time for the entire population to put out a movie like this.  My grandparents couldn't even go see Pearl Harbor when it came out because they still have such vivid memories of that day in 1941 and of WWII in general.

So IMHO there is no good or bad time to release a pix on 9/11.

:) Trust Hollywood to CASH IN on this tragedy so soon, at least wait untill the Freedom Tower is built!  

Like many here, I will only watch factual documentries on this still unbelievable tragedy which IMO was and is the spark that touched off conventional WWIII!

I'm very glad to see that the movie is trying to honour the women and men, who gave their lifes in the World Trade Center to SAVE others.

Very well made - very respectful....

i agree

Loved the trailer... I think there are scenes they are not willing to show...