Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michelle

Ive met my match

There used to be a time when you sang Baron's praises...  What happened?

I think they disagreed over whether North American culture is completely inferior to elsewhere.  When Cordelia disagrees with someone it somehow seems to transfer to be a common fault among their whole race.  

The list of people Cordelia seems to have issues with is quite long - there's the Spanish (disloyalty in 2012 vote), the British (corruption in 2012 vote), Americans (lack of culture), Canadians (lack of culture), Eastern Europeans (unlike 'us'), Muslims (certainly not like 'us'), Gypsies (*see Muslims), and as of yesterday the Greeks (booing Iceland in eurovision).  There maybe others that I've forgotten - apologies if you've had a heated debate with Cordelia and I've left your nationality out.

There used to be a time when you sang Baron's praises...  What happened?

I think they disagreed over whether North American culture is completely inferior to elsewhere.  When Cordelia disagrees with someone it somehow seems to transfer to be a common fault among their whole race.  

The list of people Cordelia seems to have issues with is quite long - there's the Spanish (disloyalty in 2012 vote), the British (corruption in 2012 vote), Americans (lack of culture), Canadians (lack of culture), Eastern Europeans (unlike 'us'), Muslims (certainly not like 'us'), Gypsies (*see Muslims), and as of yesterday the Greeks (booing Iceland in eurovision).  There maybe others that I've forgotten - apologies if you've had a heated debate with Cordelia and I've left your nationality out.

That is a very good, neat, short and yet detailed view of the subject Stu!  Well done.  Much better than I could have said!  That may juswt have summed it up, will let you know later...

Stu, I think you're more intelligent than that. Don't make yourself sound more ridiculous than you actually are.

Is it because you have, from times to times, a thing or two to reproach a country with that you HATE it to DEATH, and that you will forever hold a grudge on it until you die? Does it never happen to you to criticize a country for a thing and get over it?

I'm going to put an end to this pathetic thread, which has once more turned in a ligue of a few people to bring me down and use me as a target, (this has no interest and will only annoy other people), but Stu, don't act like some members who make me say things I have NEVER said. I'm going, for THE LAST TIME to make things clear. After that, people who make up libels and false accusations about me can go to hell:

1). I have never said Northern American s were "inferior" and I would never said any race is inferior to any other. On a discussion about cultural differences between Europe and the US I have just said, with many people who aren't as blamed as me, that the Europeans were probably more culturally aware and open to the world, than the Americans who don't seem to know much about the world that surrounds them, nothing more. This is an observation I've made myself. I never said ALL Americans were stupid, I know some are clever. And I have never said either they were 'inferior'. These are lies, and it's getting really irritating that some people can't read.

2)Eastern Europeans? I dare you to find a message (written by me, of course, not some made-up lie) where I criticized them. Last time I talked about them it was even to support Serbia about the balkanic war, and say that they weren't the only responsibles for the war. So get your facts right.

3)The Greeks? Yes I disapproved the attitude of the Greek's atittude towards Iceland, because it was just the eurovision and I think Silvia's jokes were taken way too seriously. But that's it. I disapproved a single action and I wanted to say it, I'll forget about it quickly and there's no reason why I should hate Greece?! :rock:

4)last declaration for 2012: my mind changed a little on account of the recent discoveries we've made and the spanish attitude. Even if I still think there are some corruption doubts, I've said in a recent post that after all London had done anything they could to win, and had a good bid anyway, so there's no reason to blame them. When someone wants something, it's normal they do everything to win. They were good competitors. I was obviously the only one to be shocked by Samaranch's attitude (if he had been London's grave-digger thrice in a row there would be hundreds of messages of hate, but as he did that against Paris none except Paris and I seemed to be shocked by his groundless hate and his dishonesty). But it's the same as for Greece. Even if Samaranch did that, Spain is not Samaranch. I don't hate Spain.

So according to you, Stu, in order not to sound as a nazi I should say that everyone in the world is beautiful and nice, that I love every other country and that they have absolutely no shortcoming. If you express the slightest disapproval or dislike about another country, you hate it. If I remember well, some people here have expressed their dislikes about France, saying for instance they didn't like Chirac, or didn't like Paris bid. Did I tell them, "ok you don't like Chirac so you're racist?" No.

So Stu, if you're like Baron -unable to understand you can occasionally blame a country or people for a little, or a big thing, without particularly feeling hate for it- there's nothing I can do for you.

Well I spent thirty minutes looking and got bored - but these are some of the things I've found that you said.....

Cordelia18 - May 18 2006,01:22

“…..you should wake up and do the same. Some immigrants are acceptable, but some will never match with our culture. I'm for instance alluding to the mollahs who say it's right to beat women or these women who wear veils and admit their inferiority. Some gypsy population from the east also goes in this category. With recent July 7th 2005 attack on London, the UK should also realize that letting anybody in does no good at all, and that too much freedom can make things run out of control.”

Cordelia18 - May 19 2006,22:53

“The esc is supposed to be a peaceful contest, and the Greeks showed to Europe the esc was rather a war for them to win. Pathetic, immature attitude…………..So,the conclusion is Greece can be blamed for having been disrespectful to a whole nation, and for having influenced the votes.”

”But it's like that, the Greeks were again unable and (very) probably too stupid to see all this was just for ENTERTAINMENT, and for fun (the other artists themselves knew it and weren't shocked by her attitude). I once more claim that the way they influenced the votes goes truly against the rules and is totally unfair.”

Cordelia18 - May 18 2006,22:56

“If they acted that way it's probably because they feared Iceland, so it's not that bad anyway; or maybe Greek people are too dumb to understand what humour is and take everything seriously. The Greeks also seem to have mistaken the esc with a nationalist meeting.”

“Sad say for music, sad day for Europe and sad, shameful night for Greece that didn't treat the songs equally and insulted a whole nation.”

Cordelia18 - April 20 2006,02:05

“Well we now know the world, and especially the anglo-saxon world and their puppies (Spain being the most servile and coward) have nothing to give to france, and have spent their time scorning france for years while we were naively believing they were our allies.”

:(

Yes, these declarations are mines. And as you seem to have totally missed the point of what I said, I should say once more that it's not because I had some things to reproach some countries or people with, occasionally, that I hate these people or will forever hold a grudge on them. Im' sure we could dress the same list for other members, since there are many other members who have criticized an innumerable amount of different nationalities for several things.

Yes, these declarations are mines. And as you seem to have totally missed the point of what I said, I should say once more that it's not because I had some things to reproach some countries or people with, occasionally, that I hate these people or will forever hold a grudge on them. Im' sure we could dress the same list for other members, since there are many other members who have criticized an innumerable amount of different nationalities for several things.

Don't worry about it.

Phil let's bring an end to this sterile conversation, please. If I speak more about me or about what I can do I'll be once more called conceited so let's please forget about it.

hey cordelia! what is new? bought some new object lately?

did something worthwhile to society lately? like help out at a soup kitchen? me neither. i won't hold a grudge against you for that though. just checking up as we haven't "talked" lately.

anyway, anytime you need me, here i am.