The process to determine the 2026 mascots began last March when the OCOG invited schools across Italy to submit their ideas and designs.

By July, the OCOG announced it had received ~1,600 entries, and that it selected ten designs to advance to the next stage.

Since then, two pairs have continued with the process and will be put up to a public vote, with ITG reporting that the winner will be revealed at the 2023 Sanremo Festival, a process that is identical to the one used to select the Olympic emblem. If this is still true, then voting should start really soon, as the festival runs from Feb 7 - 11.

What do you guys think the mascots will look like?

6 hours ago, Bear said:

The process to determine the 2026 mascots began last March when the OCOG invited schools across Italy to submit their ideas and designs.

By July, the OCOG announced it had received ~1,600 entries, and that it selected ten designs to advance to the next stage.

Since then, two pairs have continued with the process and will be put up to a public vote, with ITG reporting that the winner will be revealed at the 2023 Sanremo Festival, a process that is identical to the one used to select the Olympic emblem. If this is still true, then voting should start really soon, as the festival runs from Feb 7 - 11.

What do you guys think the mascots will look like?

Luv how milano cortina OGOC makes all of their announcements on san remo, guess in 2024 we will se their slogan in San remo and I wouldnt be surprised if the 1 year off ceremony with the medals and pictograms, also takes place in San remo 2025. Not complaining, it's just funny

6 hours ago, Chris_Mex said:

Luv how milano cortina OGOC makes all of their announcements on san remo, guess in 2024 we will se their slogan in San remo and I wouldnt be surprised if the 1 year off ceremony with the medals and pictograms, also takes place in San remo 2025. Not complaining, it's just funny

i assume it has to do with sanremo being highly viewed in Italy so they try to take advantage of the viewership to promote themselves

12 minutes ago, Jon Will Chambers said:

Just watching Sanremo and they’ve just shown the two options. My god they are awful

Pics?

Okay, I’ve found them…

1: Flowers (“An edelweiss and a snowdrop, on their journey from the mountains to the city, will learn to overcome obstacles and get to know each other better, as they discover that they are more alike than different, revealing unexpected strength and determination.”)

spacer.png

2: “Simblings”: (“Two siblings set off for the Winter Games with one idea in their heads: the Olympics and Paralympics are for everyone and by everyone, so there will also be a place for two stoats who are as good as any other athlete.”)

spacer.png

I never thought I’d ever say it, but come back Neve and Gliz, all is forgiven!

Edited by Sir Rols

The flower mascots are designed by Milan-Segrrate based Istituto Comprensivo AB SABIN, while the stoats are designed by Catanzaro based Istituto Comprensivo of Taverna (Catanzaro). These mascots are designed by these two agencies.

18 minutes ago, StefanMUC said:

I really don’t know why otters - if they’re that in the second option - would have any business in winter mascota.

Stoats apparently - but they look alien wth their eyes and space helmets. Still, slightly better than the flowers.

Edited by Sir Rols