16th GamesBids Summer Olympic Logo Comp - Ceremonie D'Annonce/Announcement Ceremony

There was a Eurovision theme to the Reykjavik music. The national language of Kenya is Swahili. You might think Swahili has never been heard at Eurovision. You'd be wrong, this was robbed in the semis in 2011:

Welcome to the place where the Olympic Stadium would be if this comp ever became real, the Moi International Sports Centre!

1024px-Inside_the_Kasarani_Stadium.jpg

Hopefully this is where the 2027 or 29 World Athletics Championships will finally arrive in Africa. For now though, we're unveiling our winner. And we have someone very special to do it. Taking time out from a UN summit to be with us for this, it's the 44th President of the USA and the world's most famous Kenyan, Barack Obama!

800px-President_Barack_Obama.jpg

Barack: Good evening friends. It is a huge honour to be here to launch the long-awaited & much overdue first Olympic Games in Africa. This is a part of the world where my wife & I have done a great deal of work on education & development, and so it is a great pride for me that this is the place for such a momentous...

I NYOOOOOO IT!

1024px-Donald_Trump_speaking_at_CPAC_201

I TOLD YOU! I TOLD YOU! AH, THIS IS YUUUUUUGE SO YUUUUGE THE COVFEFE IS YUUUUGE THIS IS OFF THE CHART SO BIG SO BIG BIGGER THAN MY *bundled off stage by security*

Barack: As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted by The Thing - it is my pleasure to announce that the winner of the 16th gamesbids.com Summer Olympic logo comp is...

52625567464_7c5a41f7f5_b.jpg

GLACIB!

Yoshi: Thank you Mr President, apologies for the interruption. 

It went the distance but we got there in the end, with the final result being A: 6. B: 7.

In the last round, it went to the wire all the way to the very end, but that one vote margin means we do have an outright winner at last & that winner is @Glacib! Congrats on your second summer title in a row. Thank you to all entrants and voters, especially to @JDCLauronwho came so close. It has once again been wonderful to see such interest, both submission and voters - you've all made this comp successful despite the lack of Olympic interest :) Obviously, once again the biggest thanks go to the wombat king @Sir Rols for the grids, the Photoshop pics of Barack and Greta, part of the presidential intro tonight, the advice and generally you know, making it all possible. 

Congratulations to @Glacib & @Bear , our 2023 champions - if we do the 17th comp in the same way next winter, we will hopefully see you all again then. Until then, the comp sleeps tonight...

Edited by Sir Rols
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations Glacib! So well deserved.

And phew! That was a close one. Yoshi and I were discussing the possibility of him having to make a tiebreak decision this morning. You sure put up a good fight JDC.

And a huge thanks to @yoshi! A great, truly vintage comp this year. This was the first for a few years that really engaged me the whole way through - I had great fun. Your pre-comp poll for the cities idea was an inspired anticipation builder. And at the end it had it all - great logos, some close votes and surprise results, krow. The only thing missing was a voting scandal… maybe next time.

That’s gonna be a tough act to follow. Don’t know what we’re gonna do on the board the rest of the year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1