Nairobi 2036 Round 4 Poll - 16th Annual GamesBids Logo Comp   

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which logo should win the Nairobi 2036 Logo Comp?

spacer.png

This was going to be saved for the announcement, but it works better for our arrival in the big city:

The urban sound tells us, the logos tell us, the tower blocks tell us we've arrived in one of the biggest & fastest growing cities in Africa, Kenya's capital, our Olympic city - we made it to Nairobi!

1920px-Kenyatta_Avenue_Panorama.jpg

The centre of the buzzing metropolis is the ideal location for the final battle to determine our champion - once we look at how we got here:

A: 2. B: 4. C: 5.

It's a close one, but there's no majority, meaning that we must have a one-on-one between the top 2 to determine our winner. We must say goodbye to @Aussie bum/Davey - better luck next year. For @JDCLauron & @Glacib, welcome to the final! The rules:

• This voting round will be open for (approximately) 48 hours - it will close at 10pm UK time, Wednesday 18 January.
  • This is the final. There are only two candidates. Most votes wins, simple.
  • Vote in the poll for your favourite logo. You have ONE vote, so make it count.
  • Your vote is public and can be seen by all.
  • Entrants MAY vote for their own logo. For transparency, I will not vote unless required to break a tie.
  • Votes are valid if cast by members of GamesBids as of January 1 2023 with a bona fide posting record.
  • I will rule on the validity of any suspicious or disputed votes, or who constitutes a bona fide voting member. 
  • I will not vote in this round. However, if a tie-breaker vote is needed, I will reserve my right to vote in order to break it. 
  • Be fair and sportsmanlike, this is meant to be fun and the entrants all deserve RESPECT.

Whatever happens, we will see each other again on Wednesday in the national stadium, to announce our winner. Until then, good luck, and may the best logo win! :) 

Edited by Sir Rols
  • Like 1

Anyway…

Whoa! That was a surprise to see Davey/Aussie Bum out! I may have been voting elsewhere, but in he back of my mind I was always half expecting him to win, and I would have been more than happy to see it do so - it’s a Davey Podmore! With animals! Sorry to se you go and miss out on your third star.

That said, I think it is fitting that’s it’s now down to one of the indigenous-design inspired logos. Good luck!

This has been a good, close, suspenseful comp. It’s still either’s for the taking.

And for the last time, do please try and promote the vote, and change any links you’re posting to this thread. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, yoshi said:

This was going to be saved for the announcement, but it works better for our arrival in the big city:

sorry to be such a hater but i literally think you just typed 'nairobi' into youtube and picked the first song with black people. i mean, this is an objectively bad song with 500 views lmao. 

actually, scratch that. i'm not sorry at all to be such a hater and davey's logo lost because it was so cliche it made your song selections seem inspired. 

• Haha 1