16th GamesBids Winter Olympic Logo Comp - Ceremonie D'Annonce/Announcement Ceremony

We couldn't have a logo comp in Iceland wihout hearing from this lot at some point:

My favourite Icelandic musical export getting us going at the biggest (only) notable structure on Reykjavik's skyline, the Hallgrímskirkja!

Reykjavik's church.jpg

We were going to get Bjork on this until a little sailboat arrived at the docks earlier today...stopping off in the Icelandic capital on her way from Canada back to Sweden, please welcome Greta Thunberg!

Portrait of Thunberg at Glastonbury in 2022

Greta: Greetings small dicks. I hope you are all suitably ashamed of flying here to Iceland on jets for nothing more than another blah blah blah - how dare you! Have you not seen how little ice there is?! In Iceland?! How Greenland is living up to its name? This is climate change. It's real, and it's happening. As you have asked me so nicely, and I have a short time before setting sail again, I might as well do this. The winner of the 16th getalife.com...I mean gamesbids.com Winter Olympic logo comp is...

...really? This one? Whaling is a stain on all who do it & is part of the destruction of our planet...still...

spacer.png

BEAR!

Yoshi: Thank you Greta. Your next job is to tell FIFA & their sponsors that climate change is very much real. 

Yes after just 2 rounds, we have our champion, the final result being A: 6. B: 0. C: 4.

It's a small, but clearly evident majority, which of course means that @Bear will leave Iceland with their first ever logo comp title - congratulations! Thank you to all voters and those who submitted logos, especially beaten finalists @Scotguy II and @fatixxx. It's been great to see such interest, hopefully it stays high for the Nairobi comp! And of course, biggest thanks to @Sir Rols for the Greta pic, the grids, advising and generally being invaluable :) 

We will give a day for any stragglers to submit any very last-minute logos for Nairobi before the shortlist round begins on Tuesday. Until then, the Romanian ambassador has sent as much pizza as we want, and I've got one little thing to do...

Edited by Sir Rols
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ah Greta, my love you you is wide and long! I vote Greta presents our awards permanently.

Congratulations @Bear! I actually thought you’d blown the competition out of the water the moment you posted it on day one. It’s a tribute to all the other entrants they (almost) rose to he challenge. So well done. Mind you, I’ve had to bite my tongue for over a month now not to make an Icelandic whaling quip. Thanks Greta.

And where is @fatixxx???? After being so full of beans in the submission stage, you’ve disappeared for the vote. I think you may have been able to swing it if you’d been here voting and campaigning. Hope you’re well and we see you in Nairobi. And commiserations to @Scotguy II. You made the final round, though, and I do like your Nairobi entry. 

Also thanks @Bear for promoting the voting. We need to talk about the voting - anyone have an suggestions about how to get more regular members in here to vote? It would be to everyone’s benefit to get those numbers up.

And lastly, bravo @yoshi! Well done again! And about time you played “Ja Ja Ding Dong”. Indeed, you can never get enough of it….

spacer.png

…Is there any whale meat pizza?

Edited by Sir Rols