Reykjavik 2034 Round 2 Poll - 16th Annual GamesBids Logo Comp

Reykjavik 2034 Round 2 Poll - 16th Annual GamesBids Logo Comp  

11 members have voted

1. 1. 1. Which logo should win the Reykjavik 2034 Logo Comp?

spacer.png

spacer.png

Iceland...Iceland...Ice...cold...brr...wait, what?

It might be named after ice, but Iceland actually has more claim than Azerbaijan to be the land of fire! This unpronounceable volcano sneezed in 2010, briefly becoming Europe's least popular thing. Luckily it's much calmer now...

A

...which means we can hold a vote here! It's Round 2, but not before we see what you said in Round 1:

A: 9. B: 5. C: 2. D: 7. E: 3. F: 4. G: 4. H: 4.

We therefore can't eliminate exactly four, totes awks. That 3-way tie means we can either eliminate 2, leaving 6, or eliminate 5 to leave 3. After consultation, it's clear the latter is closer to the intended 4/4 split, so that is what we will do to avoid a tiebreak or runoff. Which means we sadly say goodbye to @Victorian @Sir Rols @PikyoK @JDCLauron & @Glacib. Thank you, and better luck in Africa :) For the other 3, welcome to Round 2!

We are now in the exhaustive ballot stage, which means the rules are slightly different:

• This voting round will be open for (approximately) 48 hours - it will close at 10pm UK time, Saturday 7 January.
  • Voting will now be conducted in rounds until one entry has an absolute majority and is declared the winner.
  • In this and following rounds, the logo with the lowest number of votes will be eliminated at the close of the poll.
  • Vote in the poll for your favourite logo. You have ONE vote, so make it count.
  • Your vote is public and can be seen by all.
  • Entrants MAY vote for their own logo. For transparency, I will not vote unless required to break a tie.
  • Votes are valid if cast by members of GamesBids as of January 1 2023 with a bona fide posting record.
  • I will rule on the validity of any suspicious or disputed votes, or who constitutes a bona fide voting member. 
  • I will not vote in this, or any subsequent rounds. However, if a tie-breaker vote is needed, I will reserve my right to vote in order to break it. 
  • Be fair and sportsmanlike, this is meant to be fun and the entrants all deserve RESPECT.

We will see each other again on Saturday, either for Round 3 or a winner. Until then, good luck, and may the best logo win! :) 

Edited by Sir Rols
  • Like 2

Bummer! I was pleased with Veldismagn. Of all the logos I’ve submitted over the years, I liked it the best. But, the competition is tough, and the voters here are a discerning lot. At the end it just didn’t cut it - no hard feelings, no regrets. Congrats to @Bear, @Scotguy II and @fatixxx making it through - well done and Good Luck! 

And @yoshi… right movie, but do I really have to post it?????

spacer.png

Edited by Sir Rols

ANNOUNCEMENT

Via their intermediary, Bjork, the elves who are responsible for all aspects of government here have advised me that the best way to get voting numbers somewhere near round 1's is to @ everyone who voted in round 1 but haven't voted yet in this round, then extend the voting period by one human-day. And who am to defy the local authorities? Therefore:

The new deadline for votes is 10pm UK time, Sunday 8 January. That's tomorrow.

Here are the @s:

@TorchbearerSydney @JDCLauron @Sir Rols  @Anthony @ulu @krow @AliciasBlade @Guilga  @Scotguy II 

• Like 1