Jump to content

IOC Executive Board Meetings


Recommended Posts

In the new era of the dialogue system of in host city selection, the IOC Executive Board plays a pivotal role in the progression of Host City Candidatures through the process, based on recommendations from the Future Host Commission for the Games of the Olympiad or the Future Host Commission for the Olympic Winter Games.

For instance, when a Candidature is to be:

it will be announced at a media conference at an IOC Executive Board Meeting.

 

Edited by Sir Rols
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From the IOC Events Calendar, the next two IOC Executive Board Meetings are to be held:

  •  5-7 December 2022, and
  • 27-28 May 2023.

Speculation is rife as to which of these Meetings that a Candidature (or more than one candidature) will be invited to Targeted Dialogue for the 2030 Winter Olympic Games.

 

8Yup4du.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The calendar is not up to date. There will be an IOC Executive Board meeting in Q1 2023 (most likely February).

It is most likely that this is when a city or cities will be elevated to targeted dialogue (unless there is a surpise on Wednesday).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, cfm Jeremie said:

The calendar is not up to date. There will be an IOC Executive Board meeting in Q1 2023 (most likely February).

It is most likely that this is when a city or cities will be elevated to targeted dialogue (unless there is a surpise on Wednesday).

The IOC Calender is correct and up to date.

If you click on the the IOC Events Calendar link, it is a direct link lifted today from the International Olympic Committee website.

Are you saying that the IOC website is incorrect ?    What makes you think that?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well...

First, the Calendar mentions only one meeting of the EB next year, which is obviously not true as the IOC EB meets at least 4 to 5 times a year.

Second, it indicates the EB in Mumbai in May and the IOC Session in Mumbai somewhere between September and October: again the EB in Mumbai will be just before the sessioN.

So yes, the calendar on olympics.com is obviously not up to date. No need to be defensive about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, cfm Jeremie said:

Well...

First, the Calendar mentions only one meeting of the EB next year, which is obviously not true as the IOC EB meets at least 4 to 5 times a year.

Second, it indicates the EB in Mumbai in May and the IOC Session in Mumbai somewhere between September and October: again the EB in Mumbai will be just before the sessioN.

So yes, the calendar on olympics.com is obviously not up to date. No need to be defensive about it.

 

 

The next two Meetings of the IOC Executive Board are :

  • 5-7 December 2022 
  • 27-28 May 2022

 

@cfm Jeremie, if you want to know the dates of the other IOC Executive Board meetings in 2023, feel free to keep an eye on the published IOC Events Calendar as it is updated, or alternatively contact the IOC by clicking Contact Us.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The next two Meetings of the IOC Executive Board are :

  • 5-7 December 2022 
  • 27-28 May 2023

 

IOC postpones Mumbai session, threatens to suspend India from Olympics - 9 September 2022 - Business Standard

Due to governance issues with the Indian Olympic Association (IOA), the IOC moved the 140th IOC Session originally scheduled to be held in Mumbai in May 2023, to September/October 2023.

The IOC gave the Indian Olympic Association time till the next IOC Executive Board meeting in December 2022 to put its house in order over internal squabbles, resolve issues related to governance, conduct elections according to the Olympic Charter, and also settle the various court cases before that.”

Are we about to see the Indian Olympic Association suspended from the IOC at this week’s IOC Executuve Board Meeting 5-7 December 2022?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@AustralianFan IOC just released info for the media regarding the Olympic Summit this year -

"Discussions will focus on several topics of interest to the Olympic Movement, including the successfully held Olympic Winter Games Beijing 2022, the upcoming Olympic Games Paris 2024, an update on the Olympic Winter Games 2030, and Olympic Games Optimisation. Also on the agenda are the Olympic Qualifier Series, the Olympic Esports Series, and anti-doping. The state of the Olympic Movement will also be discussed at the Summit."

(https://olympics.com/ioc/news/11th-olympic-summit-on-9-december-2022-information-for-the-media)

Among the invited guests are Susanne Lyons and Gene Sykes, President and Chair of the USOPC, and the Chair of the Future Host Commission for the Olympic Winter Games.

Could this maybe be a hint as to what we can expect?

The Summit is on the 9th and is scheduled to begin around 9 AM CET, and will be followed by a press release containing info on the discussions.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Bear said:

@AustralianFan IOC just released info for the media regarding the Olympic Summit this year -

"Discussions will focus on several topics of interest to the Olympic Movement, including the successfully held Olympic Winter Games Beijing 2022, the upcoming Olympic Games Paris 2024, an update on the Olympic Winter Games 2030, and Olympic Games Optimisation. Also on the agenda are the Olympic Qualifier Series, the Olympic Esports Series, and anti-doping. The state of the Olympic Movement will also be discussed at the Summit."

(https://olympics.com/ioc/news/11th-olympic-summit-on-9-december-2022-information-for-the-media)

Among the invited guests are Susanne Lyons and Gene Sykes, President and Chair of the USOPC, and the Chair of the Future Host Commission for the Olympic Winter Games.

Could this maybe be a hint as to what we can expect?

The Summit is on the 9th and is scheduled to begin around 9 AM CET, and will be followed by a press release containing info on the discussions.

Looks like the IOC President Thomas  Bach is not attending the Summit starting 9 Dec, only the IOC Vice-Presidents are.

Whereas Bach always attends the IOC Executive Board Meetings.

I think the Summit is more of forum to discuss things, rather than making key decisions about specific candidatures.

For this reason I think either this week’s IOC Executive Board Meeting, or the next one in May, will be where one candidature (or 2?) will be elevated into Targeted Dialogue for the 2030 Winter Games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, AustralianFan said:

Looks like the IOC President Thomas  Bach is not attending the Summit starting 9 Dec, only the IOC Vice-Presidents are.

Whereas Bach always attends the IOC Executive Board Meetings.

Bach has COVID-19

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/4/2022 at 7:33 PM, AustralianFan said:

 

 

The next two Meetings of the IOC Executive Board are :

  • 5-7 December 2022 
  • 27-28 May 2022

 

@cfm Jeremie, if you want to know the dates of the other IOC Executive Board meetings in 2023, feel free to keep an eye on the published IOC Events Calendar as it is updated, or alternatively contact the IOC by clicking Contact Us.

 

I love how you completely ignore my answer.... That you don't undertsand that the current calendar is not up to date and that they forgot to change the date of the EB in Mumbai when the session was postponed is fascinating. Can you honestly believe there can be an almost 6-month period between 2 EB ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, cfm Jeremie said:

I love how you completely ignore my answer.... That you don't undertsand that the current calendar is not up to date and that they forgot to change the date of the EB in Mumbai when the session was postponed is fascinating. Can you honestly believe there can be an almost 6-month period between 2 EB ? 

Yes.   The amended timeframes were discussed last night at the IOC Press Conference on 5 December 2022 >> click the link below.

In the link below, start Start at about 20:00 with a journalist question re the Targeted Dialogue for 2030.  

Christophe Dubi, Olympic Games Executive Director responds about the New IOC Session Timeframe from the IOC.

He mentioned that this will give the IOC Executive Board more time discuss the Future Host Commission detailed Report for the 2030 Olympic Winter Games ahead of postponed IOC Session.

There was no announcement that the 27-28 May 2023 IOC Executive Board Meeting would not go ahead.  

As the calendar stands right now, at 13:10 AEDT 6 December 2022,  and until it is changed,  there will be an IOC Executive Board Meeting 27-28 May and the location is currently listed for Mumbai.

The full IOC Session which was to take place in May 2023 in Mumbai has been postponed to Sept/Oct and the details of this yet to be confirmed.

Watch this space - over the next 24-48 hours, if the Indian Olympic Association is suspended from the IOC, the location of the 27-28 May 2023 IOC Executive Board Meeting in Mumbai likely to be shifted somewhere else, probably back to IOC HQ in Lausanne.

IOC Press Conference - 05.12.2022

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, cfm Jeremie said:

I love how you completely ignore my answer.... That you don't undertsand that the current calendar is not up to date and that they forgot to change the date of the EB in Mumbai when the session was postponed is fascinating. Can you honestly believe there can be an almost 6-month period between 2 EB ? 

 

3 hours ago, AustralianFan said:

Yes.   The amended timeframes were discussed last night at the IOC Press Conference on 5 December 2022 >> click the link below.

In the link below, start Start at about 20:00 with a journalist question re the Targeted Dialogue for 2030.  

Christophe Dubi, Olympic Games Executive Director responds about the New IOC Session Timeframe from the IOC.

He mentioned that this will give the IOC Executive Board more time discuss the Future Host Commission detailed Report for the 2030 Olympic Winter Games ahead of postponed IOC Session.

There was no announcement that the 27-28 May 2023 IOC Executive Board Meeting would not go ahead.  

As the calendar stands right now, at 13:10 AEDT 6 December 2022,  and until it is changed,  there will be an IOC Executive Board Meeting 27-28 May and the location is currently listed for Mumbai.

The full IOC Session which was to take place in May 2023 in Mumbai has been postponed to Sept/Oct and the details of this yet to be confirmed.

Watch this space - over the next 24-48 hours, if the Indian Olympic Association is suspended from the IOC, the location of the 27-28 May 2023 IOC Executive Board Meeting in Mumbai likely to be shifted somewhere else, probably back to IOC HQ in Lausanne.

IOC Press Conference - 05.12.2022

 

 

Possible Timelines around 2030  to be presented Tuesday  06.12.2022 to IOC Executive Board

At 25:28 in the press conference, is another journalist’s question around timelines and if 2030 Targeted Dialogue will be announced this meeting or in the Mumbai 27-28 May 2023 IOC Executive Board ?

Christophe Rubi responds by saying that the Future Host Commission Report on the 2030 Olympic Games will be presented to the IOC Executive Board Tuesday 6 December 2022 and the press will learn of the outcome on Wednesday 7 December 2022.

Further,  Christophe Dubi said that today, Tuesday 6 December 2022, possible timelines around the 2030 Games will be presented to the IOC Executive Board.

IOC Press Conference - 05.12.2022

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BREAKING NEWS

from the IOC Executive Board Meeting

2030 Winter Olympic Games

  • a preferred 2030 Host/s will not be put to the IOC Session for election in Sept/Oct 2023 - this means 2024 at earliest for a Host Election.
  • more time is being given to the Future Host Commission to consult and consider with all parties in a warming climate.
  • a double awarding of 2030 and 2034 was discussed but no conclusion was reached as it requires more exploration.
  • the three interested parties in Continuous Dialogue (Sapporo, Salt Lake City and Vancouver) have been informed today of these IOC EB discussion.
  • this in line with the new flexible approach.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

FURTHER FROM IOC EB

  • a wider discussion occurred on climate change, sustainable winter sport, and future opportunities and challenges.
  • leading academic research showing a potential reduction in the number of climate-reliable hosts 
  • the idea of rotating the Olympic Winter Games within a pool of hosts
  • ongoing discussions by the Winter Sports Federations around adjustments that have already started to be made to their event calendars and potential new competition formats
  • ensure climate reliability, a proposal that hosts would need to show average minimum temperatures of below zero degrees for snow competition venues at the time of the Games over a 10-year period.

 

Credit:

 Future Host Commission studying landscape of winter sport with a view to the Olympic Winter Games 2030 and beyond - IOC 6 December 2022

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, AustralianFan said:

Yes.   The amended timeframes were discussed last night at the IOC Press Conference on 5 December 2022 >> click the link below.

In the link below, start Start at about 20:00 with a journalist question re the Targeted Dialogue for 2030.  

Christophe Dubi, Olympic Games Executive Director responds about the New IOC Session Timeframe from the IOC.

He mentioned that this will give the IOC Executive Board more time discuss the Future Host Commission detailed Report for the 2030 Olympic Winter Games ahead of postponed IOC Session.

There was no announcement that the 27-28 May 2023 IOC Executive Board Meeting would not go ahead.  

As the calendar stands right now, at 13:10 AEDT 6 December 2022,  and until it is changed,  there will be an IOC Executive Board Meeting 27-28 May and the location is currently listed for Mumbai.

The full IOC Session which was to take place in May 2023 in Mumbai has been postponed to Sept/Oct and the details of this yet to be confirmed.

Watch this space - over the next 24-48 hours, if the Indian Olympic Association is suspended from the IOC, the location of the 27-28 May 2023 IOC Executive Board Meeting in Mumbai likely to be shifted somewhere else, probably back to IOC HQ in Lausanne.

IOC Press Conference - 05.12.2022

 

love how you completely ignore my answer.... That you don't undertsand that the current calendar is not up to date and that they forgot to change the date of the EB in Mumbai when the session was postponed is fascinating. Can you honestly believe there can be an almost 6-month period between 2 EB ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, cfm Jeremie said:

love how you completely ignore my answer.... That you don't undertsand that the current calendar is not up to date and that they forgot to change the date of the EB in Mumbai when the session was postponed is fascinating. Can you honestly believe there can be an almost 6-month period between 2 EB ? 

If you think the official IOC published dates of the IOC EB is out of date, you should contact the IOC directly, not thrash around in here about it.

Once the IOC have decided to change the date of their own meetings, they will publish it on IOC.com
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Sir Rols changed the title to IOC Executive Board Meetings

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...