I received an email this morning from a Nigerian prince, asking for my bank account details and demanding I withdraw my flying elephants logo.

He says it is a blatant plagiarism of a logo created for an Abuja Commonwealth Games bid.

spacer.pngspacer.png

I reject this foul insinuation, but in the interests of Kenyan-Nigerian friendship, have decided to withdraw my Nairobi entry.

However, the majestic soaring pachyderms of the Masai Mara will forever rule the skies!

spacer.png

Stay tuned to this page tomorrow for my replacement logo.

Good Evening and God Bless!

Edited by Sir Rols

Hit it!

Thank you to Beyoncé for getting the Destiny’s Child gals back together to help launch the new Nairobi logo submission. A big round of applause!

Anyway, after the embarrassment of the Nigerian Prince, Mombasa Multimedia Studios* (a subsidiary of Rols Corp) has burned the midnight oil to come up with something fresh, original and inspired for its submission. And here it is:

spacer.png

It’s designed to embody the spirit of Kenya and Africa as a whole, while paying tribute to the ideals of the Olympic Games.

And here it is, shown as it would during the games, in our 3D recreation of Nairobi Olympic Stadium, bedecked in our design:

spacer.png

Thanks for your attendance. Do sample the catering - the bushmeat is particularly tasty today - and close proceedings with the great Gloria Gaynor!

Edited by Sir Rols
  • Haha 2

And yessss.. we congratulate our "survivor friend" for his very, exotic and sexy logo concept..

Meanwhile, the NAIROC - Nairobi Olympic Games Organising Committee will organise in 2036 the 136th IOC Session in the Kenyan Capital at the date of 13th of june..

1// Meanwhile 13/6 will be also the equinox & and the same time 100 days countdown between:

2// XXXVI (36th) OLYMPIAD in 2036 & African Games 2036 @ 2nd largest Kenyan City of Mombasa

Our Maritime-Coastal city organised a fruitfull African Games that also tested succesfully all the technical issues and  whereas MOMBASA will leave a big leagacy as the COASTAL-CLUSTER for kenian generations to come at the Maritime-Silk-Road-DOOR from from China/India to the African Continent..

bBotaoJ.png

At the 136th IOC session the TRIPLE allocation for the 2040-2044-2048 SUMMER OLYMPIADS will be made in the 7 star Kempinski-Complex..  

Robust worx about the nairobi-mombasa highway inaugurated about a year ago.. now we are excited and waiting for the opening of the high-speed rail project between the Nairobian highlands linking the cobalt-blue waters at the Mombasa seaport two weeks before the 136th ioc session.. all ioc members will get a free trip to feel the comfortable journey that athletes and fans from all over the world will experience..

enjoy with us the 36th olympiad endeavours in Kenia/AFRICA

• Like 1

My entry for Nairobi 2036 mascot - Gustave, the man-eating croc of the region.  Failed to predict the correct winner of Qatar 2022; villagers sentenced him to death!!  

Here is the first prototype of the plush life-size toys!!  :lol:

See the source image

It takes a village to pose an Olympic mascot properly!  ;)

Edited by baron-pierreIV
  • Haha 1

On 12/9/2022 at 10:41 PM, baron-pierreIV said:

My entry for Nairobi 2036 mascot - Gustave, the man-eating croc of the region.  

Here is the first prototype of the plush life-size toys!!  :lol:

It takes a village to pose an Olympic mascot properly!  ;)

this croco-mascot has heating-up the forum for a while.. let's COOL DOWN..

we are going to make the journey-up to the Northern-GIRL of the hemisphere

Frozen-EYES of Reykjavik will melting-up with its geisers the year of 2034

MAIN LOGO CONCEPT

VzaDlzg.png

MULTIPLE FORMS OF LOGO CONCEPT

all 3 of them will be used for marketing purposes

y0kRp51.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/4/2022 at 8:33 PM, yoshi said:

On 12/1/2022 at 10:32 PM, yoshi said:

Quoting these, because although we've had a good number of posts, it would be nice to see more new entrants! Not forgetting @Mr Tickle who I couldn't get on those. Does that give a notification to everyone I @, when it's in a quote? Rols?

Edited by yoshi

@paul @JDCLauron @Glacib @Lord David @R__ @thatsnotmypuppy @mr.bernham @woohooitsme83 @VIK @baron-pierreIV @JMarkSnow2012 @nzl @Utkarsh Verma @Athensfan @Citius Altius Fortius @Olympian1010 @TorchbearerSydney @JO2024 @Nacholympic @aismanggo @Anthony @Jon Will Chambers @DannyelBrazil @ScoBit @Palette86 @Fiorenzo @pcutone @Olympic Fan Darcy @Athens 2004 forever @ulu @Qss212 @Bear@PikyoK @Mr Tickle  

@fatixxx @Scotguy II @Sir Rols @Victorian have all put in a logo for each city. @Bear (I mistakenly put you in the general list, and I can't delete @s for some reason) has done one for Reykjavik but not Nairobi, while @Aussie bum has done the opposite, Nairobi but no Reykjavik yet. Here ends the stocktake (nearly) halfway through December. Let's see some new entrants!

This time it’s serious…

When I designed and submitted my first Reykjavik logo, I was still unsatisfied with it. I wanted something to touch on Iceland’s heritage, and I thought it was okay, but it still didn’t touch me. I liked the Runic font, though, and kept fiddling with it after it was submitted. I’d like to now withdraw the earlier logo, with the longship, and introduce this.

Members and lookers in, I introduce my Reykjavik 2034 Winter Olympic Games logo:

spacer.png

spacer.png                      spacer.png     

spacer.png

The “snowflake” figure in the centre is actually Veldismagn, a traditional Icelandic Magical Binding Rune. Veldismagn is considered one of the more important magical Runic staves in traditional Icelandic folklore, and is used as a ward to confer strength, defense, protection and safe return from travels.

The runes surrounding Veldismagn are from the original alphabet of the Vikings, who were the first to settle Iceland when Ingolfr Arnason established his home in what is now Reykjavik in CE 874. The earliest Viking literature was composed in Runic, culminating in the Sagas, including the Icelandic Sagas, which documented the lives of the normal people as well as heroic figures, such as Erik he Red. In the logo, they symbolise these Sagas and the many other tales of literature that have come from Iceland over the centuries.  And also, of course, the promise that the Reykjavik 2034 Winter Olympic Games will create a new generation of heroes who will be celebrated in tales and stories in years to come.

The logo is designed so that it can be used in various colour schemes. Of those shown, I’m still undecided which version I want t submit as my “official” entry for the ballot. I like the colour one (large, above), but I also have a soft spot for the Gold/Silver/Bronze version. I’d appreciate you suggestions and advice on that.

Thanks for your attention, and look kindly on my submission.

Edited by Sir Rols
  • Like 2