Birmingham 2022 verdicts thread

yoshi

Posted this in the ceremony live chat thread, it's not really fit for there. I saw we had a verdicts thread for Gold Coast so we may as well have one here :)

Birmingham deserved this chance to show off, and really completely nailed it. Even not being there, it's so good to see the confidence boost this has given the region, and how it's been received, people from all over the world (and this country!) realising there's a great city there. I hope they seize upon it and pursue more big events - the next available World Athletics Championships is a no-brainer now they've shown IAAF what a proper crowd looks like. As for Olympic talk...why not? Birmingham's certainly proven itself worthy, and even though it's clearly not our turn yet (2036 is 24 years lol, let's be honest!), we know the struggle of getting bids from Europe, so never underestimate the importance of knowing support would be rock-solid - so it's not impossible. Even putting a bid in and not being treated as a punchline would be a statement for the city. And we know they're good at taking flags off Queensland :P

Felt like a normal event after the last two Olympics. Good ceremonies and of course Australia was on top. They hosted events in Birmingham/West Midlands/London which was the blueprint for Victoria 2026. The West Midlands region has a chance to bid on the 2036 Olympic and Paralympics Games. 

It's actually an event where very little hype about is actually helped - it was outstanding and no doubt the crowds made it, but even taking out the covid factor there is something about Britain's ability to sell out a crowd even for morning sessions which just isn't something that is the norm in many other countries - the first couple of days in Munich and you generally saw more seats than people in the crowd.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2022 at 6:33 PM, yoshi said:

Posted this in the ceremony live chat thread, it's not really fit for there. I saw we had a verdicts thread for Gold Coast so we may as well have one here :)

Birmingham deserved this chance to show off, and really completely nailed it. Even not being there, it's so good to see the confidence boost this has given the region, and how it's been received, people from all over the world (and this country!) realising there's a great city there. I hope they seize upon it and pursue more big events - the next available World Athletics Championships is a no-brainer now they've shown IAAF what a proper crowd looks like. As for Olympic talk...why not? Birmingham's certainly proven itself worthy, and even though it's clearly not our turn yet (2036 is 24 years lol, let's be honest!), we know the struggle of getting bids from Europe, so never underestimate the importance of knowing support would be rock-solid - so it's not impossible. Even putting a bid in and not being treated as a punchline would be a statement for the city. And we know they're good at taking flags off Queensland :P

By the way, I am very muc impressed with their performance. :P

On 8/10/2022 at 6:33 PM, yoshi said:

Spoiler

Thanks for the info, I ain't know about this before. I am glad I found your post while searching for a https://www.grabmyessay.com/samples/category/biology website online. I was searching for that website for my friend who is not so good at writing an essay assignment.

And I agreed with you in everything. :)