Gamesbids Livechat: Opening Ceremony Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games

Is it just me or is the sound really terrible? This somehow feels like it's missing something somehow, although the bull is very impressive. Hopefully they can find somewhere in the city for it. 

Just now, yoshi said:

Is it just me or is the sound really terrible? This somehow feels like it's missing something somehow, although the bull is very impressive. Hopefully they can find somewhere in the city for it. 

BBC confirmed that the bull will be moved to the city once the games are over

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yoshi said:

BBC are doing their usual trick of foregrounding the commentators. Sadly no no-commentary version available, as far as I can tell.

BBC foregrounding commentators again and not letting us enjoy the parade.

Does anyone know about another non BBC livestream showing the Opening Ceremony at the moment?

13 minutes ago, Ikarus360 said:

I like every nation placard is different and using different styles/typefaces. Reminds me in a way of what Lima 2019 did but adding more diversity to it.

I didn't notice if the commentators mentioned it, but the placards are narrow-boat nameboards

So far, this is looking fun! Certainly better than what the other Birmigham had to offer in the World Games apart from the Martin Luther King segment in the opener and the handover in the closing. Man, that weirdness paid off; it really made me a bit curious about the city history. I dig the support inserts as well, it would be cool if we saw the atlhetes reacting to that.

1 minute ago, yoshi said:

Nice touch with the narrowboat style placards. Not a fan of the interviews mid-parade. 

I dunno, I rather like it, it's a nice touch. One of those risks the CWG can take, definitely appropriate for the Friendly Games.