What will top the 84 pianos & the Spaceship from 1984?

In ruminating about LA 2028, what do the Ceremony-dreamers here think can LOGICALLY and FEASIBLY top the 

- 84 grand pianos used in the opening?   168 baby grands?  

• See the source image

And the Space Ship at Closing?

See the source image

I hope there will be some of sequal to the Space-ship thing since the Closing will be at LA Memorial.  

Far-out ideas OK, but no stupid, unoriginal ones please.  

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I think the subject of "Olympics" and off-shoots of it like "2028" can be folded into way fewer threads at GB. But it's kind of rude for GB users to not make an effort to keep a conversation going. Or to make threads that end up as mainly a series of putdowns, insults and warnings about TOS violations.

I would have described the pianos and space ship in 1984 as coming close to crossing the line of gimmicky. But in today's culture, such ceremonial features now seem more like honorable tradition and serious-minded sophistication.

I just want the opening and closing of the 2028 games to have the most international, most all-cities-worldwide, most sports-oriented features possible.

I've mentioned what I think such features should be, which has often caused an odd resentment in various GB posters. So no need for me to re-hash what I've posted in the past.

54 minutes ago, Olympics2028 said:

Personally, I think the subject of "Olympics" and off-shoots of it like "2028" can be folded into way fewer threads at GB. But it's kind of rude for GB users to not make an effort to keep a conversation going. Or to make threads that end up as mainly a series of putdowns, insults and warnings about TOS violations.

I would have described the pianos and space ship in 1984 as coming close to crossing the line of gimmicky. But in today's culture, such ceremonial features now seem more like honorable tradition and serious-minded sophistication.

I just want the opening and closing of the 2028 games to have the most international, most all-cities-worldwide, most sports-oriented features possible.

I've mentioned what I think such features should be, which has often caused an odd resentment in various GB posters. So no need for me to re-hash what I've posted in the past.

You're not one to talk about rude.  Another poster gives you the perfect opening to discuss your thoughts about what LA 2028 should do with their opening ceremony.  Instead, you give us a brief thought sandwiched between you insulting this website and its posters.  Not sure why you still find the resentment odd.

On 5/12/2022 at 3:27 PM, baron-pierreIV said:

In ruminating about LA 2028, what do the Ceremony-dreamers here think can LOGICALLY and FEASIBLY top the 

- 84 grand pianos used in the opening?   168 baby grands?  

And the Space Ship at Closing?

I hope there will be some of sequal to the Space-ship thing since the Closing will be at LA Memorial.  

Far-out ideas OK, but no stupid, unoriginal ones please.  

There will be a lot of visual effects, for sure.  The time of day will play into what they do since the ceremony is likely to start during the daytime and probably finish after sunset.  Expect a lot of fireworks (literal fireworks, not figurative) towards the end once it gets dark.  And probably a lot of aerial shots trying to show off both stadia.

• Like 1