Boycott Paris 2024!!

16 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

Stupid French Open will NOT ban Killer-Russian and Belarussian players!  

French Open refuses to ban Russian and Belarusian players (insidethegames.biz) 

Time to start the 2024 Boycott!!  

Yeah because medvedev (who has been competing as neutral) has the fault of commiting war crimes in ukraine. And it has been proved that banning the athelets already stopped the war. Stupid reasoning, just justifying racism agains russian people

41 minutes ago, baron-pierreIV said:

Racism against Russian people?  Oh, and what about genocide against the Ukrainians WHO DID NOTHING to RUSSIA?  Now, we know where your sympathies lay.  

Stay away from my posts, Russkie-Butcher-lover!! 

Literally saying that an athlete cant put its feet on a place just because of having the same place of birth as a dictator its not discrimination. I support ukranian people but its hypocritical to be oh look all nations toguether in the damn olympic cauldron and a few weeks later boom screw russian athletes because of their government. Its not fair what is happening on ukraine, but my point is that it isnt medveded the one who fired a gun to a ukranian soldier, then why should he be banned from competing in the sport he likes? Ban the swimmer and the gymnast that participated in the pro-putin rally, but not the tennist who since the first day of invasion declared he didnt support war

Nah, all Russian and Belarusian athletes need to be banned. It might not be fair in the normal sense of the word but the response to Russian Nazism and cultural genocide is to cut Russia from participating in normal events the rest of the world is involved in. That will include banning innocent athletes unfortunately, but as soon as you start making any exceptions the whole thing loses its impact.

This way is the lesser of two evils. Russia is out in the cold until Putin is gone. Russians need to understand that.

Edited by Rob.
  • Like 4

Please spare us the racist card. Russia has been a blight for Sports reputation for a lot of years because of organized doping/cheating. What they've done to Ukraine this year is an invasion, no matter all the excuses, childish accusations of nazism and historic facts they want to use as coping to justify it. While I understand there are sport players who don't agree with what that their government is doing, right now, giving Russia even the smallest window of representation could be taken as a form of recognition/approval of them as a country who deserves to be respected. And if their sportmen/sportwomen only become more hostile and pro-invasion because of this, then it means they are showing their true colors. 

And yeah. Before you also play the Whataboutist card, its possible other countries did it too. The difference is Russian government wasn't even smart enough to make it subtle. Isn't that right, Sochi?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, FYI said:

^What about the genocide that's going on in Ukraine then. Is that okay in your moral book?

I don't support the invasion in ukraine, war is also not part of my morality book either, we're human beings, not monkeys with sticks

Oh, athletes are giving more power to the russian regime. Oh damn then go and protest in the streets for your country to stop buying oil and resources from them. All western countries has condemned the actions took by the kremlin, but appart from the bland economic sanctions (dollar block has lead them to not have to pay exchange fee to the banks, now they sell with rubles for free) , I havent seem even one country saying they will stop depending from russian oil. So we hate russian people, but we dont hate russian oil, what sort of double moral is this?. As I said  earlier, I don't support war, we are not monkeys, but has any western country who deeply condemn russian actions, helped in a really helpful way to the ukraine armed forces? (no, sending tanks is not helping ukraine). I know that western dont have any issue with russian killing ukranians as long as they sell them goods, but hey at least least discriminate their innocent citizens, we must put the blame on someone and it obviously cant be the russian oil companies, it must be a tennist wanting to play the grand slam. Anyway this russian thing must NOT be part of an olympic bid forum, and probably paris 2024 will soon or later ban russian athletes from participating in the games, so you wont have to boycott them, happy?

/\/\  Then thank God, you're not on any important sports decision-making board.  As FYI said, after both WWI and WW2, the IOC punished (more just like smacked the fingers of) the aggressor nations.  Even the resurgent West Germany and Japan were not invited back until Helsinki 1952.  Why should today be any different? 

"Are we not in the XXIst century?"  (Разве мы не в XXI веке?)  Why don't you ask that of Bloody-mir Putain?  A few thousand Ukrainian civilians would have liked to answer that for you -- except they CAN'T --thanks to their fellow Slav-murderer, Vlad the Impaler, 21st Century-kind.  

You should go on a cruise with Donald Frump and his kind on the Black Sea.  You'll have a good time.  :wacko:

28 minutes ago, baron-pierreIV said:

/\/\  Then thank God, you're not on any important sports decision-making board.  As FYI said, after both WWI and WW2, the IOC punished (more just like smacked the fingers of) the aggressor nations.  Even the resurgent West Germany and Japan were not invited back until Helsinki 1952.  Why should today be any different? 

"Are we not in the XXIst century?"  (Разве мы не в XXI веке?)  Why don't you ask that of Bloody-mir Putain?  A few thousand Ukrainian civilians would have liked to answer that for you -- except they CAN'T --thanks to their fellow Slav-murderer, Vlad the Impaler, 21st Century-kind.  

You should go on a cruise with Donald Frump and his kind on the Black Sea.  You'll have a good time.  :wacko:

Why saying that I dont support sanctions agains russian civilians, imply I am an ally and avid supporter of vladimir Poutine?

1 hour ago, Chris_Mex said:

I havent seem even one country saying they will stop depending from russian oil.

Oil and gas

The US (and Australia) is banning all Russian oil and gas imports and the UK will phase out Russian oil imports by the end of 2022.

The EU, which gets a quarter of its oil and 40% of its gas from Russia, says it will switch to alternative supplies and make Europe independent from Russian energy "well before 2030".

Germany has put on hold permission for the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline from Russia to open.

Source: BBC

you do realise these sanctions are already causing hardships and inflation in many nations - yet are still supported by the majority of citizens impacted.

1 hour ago, Chris_Mex said:

Anyway this russian thing must NOT be part of an olympic bid forum, and probably paris 2024 will soon or later ban russian athletes from participating in the games, so you wont have to boycott them, happy?

No, this forum is PRECISELY a place to discuss the “Russian thing”. Like it or not, it is impacting sport, so is totally relevant here. Not to mention that this forum has a long and proud tradition of discussing politics, especially when it affects the Olympics such as Athens, both Beijings, Sochi, Rio etc. I’m totally shocked and offended that anyone would suggest that such discussions be banned from the forum - ha is totally out of order. And, by the way, the IOC already is banning Russian athletes (extending from the restrictions on Russian teams already existing under its doping violations), so unless the IOC changes those, such sanctions are already in place for Paris.

8 minutes ago, Sir Rols said:

Oil and gas

The US (and Australia) is banning all Russian oil and gas imports and the UK will phase out Russian oil imports by the end of 2022.

The EU, which gets a quarter of its oil and 40% of its gas from Russia, says it will switch to alternative supplies and make Europe independent from Russian energy "well before 2030".

Germany has put on hold permission for the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline from Russia to open.

Source: BBC

you do realise these sanctions are already causing hardships and inflation in many nations - yet are still supported by the majority of citizens impacted.

No, this forum is PRECISELY a place to discuss the “Russian thing”. Like it or not, it is impacting sport, so is totally relevant here. Not to mention that this forum has a long and proud tradition of discussing politics, especially when it affects the Olympics such as Athens, both Beijings, Sochi, Rio etc. I’m totally shocked and offended that anyone would suggest that such discussions be banned from the forum - ha is totally out of order. And, by the way, the IOC already is banning Russian athletes (extending from the restrictions on Russian teams already existing under its doping violations), so unless the IOC changes those, such sanctions are already in place for Paris.

Well if its the place to say, then I will keep saying that the sanctions against russian athletes are a nonsense period.

3 minutes ago, Chris_Mex said:

Well if its the place to say, then I will keep saying that the sanctions against russian athletes are a nonsense period.

That’s fair enough. It’s also part of the board’s tradition that we can argue different opinions and political views. But be aware It is an opinion that seems to be out of step with most mainstream attitudes at the moment, though.

Edited by Sir Rols
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Chris_Mex said:

If one’s country/people & homeland, was being totally uprooted & literally blown out of existence, because some madman persists to live in the PAST & not in the “21st century”, I’m sure the last thing on their minds would be about the sanctions against Russian athletes. Especially the ones that merely parrot Hutin’s asinine (racist) propaganda. Right now, what matters most is Ukraine & their people, & their *right* just to EXIST. “Period”.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Chris_Mex said:

Yeah because medvedev (who has been competing as neutral) has the fault of commiting war crimes in ukraine. And it has been proved that banning the athelets already stopped the war. Stupid reasoning, just justifying racism agains russian people

In case you forgot, this was a thing for many years.. Sporting boycott of South Africa during the apartheid era

Did anyone say the IOC was being racist?  Of course not, that's a 21st century construct that anytime there's a decision, it must be racial in nature.  Nevermind the mass African boycott in 1976 over the IOC's refusal to ban New Zealand for competing against South Africa in Rugby, a sport not even contested in the Olympics at the time.

This is nothing new in sporting circles.  Yes, it's unfair to a lot of athletes who have done nothing wrong other than the nation listed on their passport.  Doesn't help the cause of the nation in question here there was a massive state-sponsored doping program.

• Like 1