Jump to content

Paris unveils 2024 Ticket Sales programmes


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Cyriln said:

Well, the date has been removed from Le Monde's agenda and there is still no official announcement...

Tony Estanguet has just revealed the date: it will be on May 15.

https://www.leparisien.fr/jo-paris-2024/jo-paris-2024-lapplication-pour-telecharger-et-revendre-les-billets-sera-disponible-le-15-mai-14-04-2024-JAFS4GENNNE4NGZEKIQYS5HVAA.php

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how accurate the 'Stade de France - view my seat' https://www.stadefrance.com/en/groups/practical-information/where-my-seat

I put in my tickets for the Olympics but when viewing the seat, I can see a big fence in the middle of my view. When purchasing the tickets, it did not say it was an obstructed view. Would be a bit disappointed if that is true given the high cost of tickets. 

448021367_2028852744261785_2389876265675

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/10/2024 at 6:56 AM, Victorian said:

Does anyone know how accurate the 'Stade de France - view my seat' https://www.stadefrance.com/en/groups/practical-information/where-my-seat

I put in my tickets for the Olympics but when viewing the seat, I can see a big fence in the middle of my view. When purchasing the tickets, it did not say it was an obstructed view. Would be a bit disappointed if that is true given the high cost of tickets. 

448021367_2028852744261785_2389876265675

A Restricted view tickets category has been added in multiple events, including the ones at the Stade de France. So, if you didn't explicitly chose one of those tickets, I think it should be okay. And for the View my seat on Stade de France's website, you can change the setting to see the place in a sports event and don't forget that the stadium will me in athletics mode, with the lower stands slightly retracted.

 

I guess that these Restricted view have been added for the new Thursday Tickets, as it is called. 60000 tickets in 25 sports have been added. Given that it's not really promoted, there is still available tickets for almost 500 sessions, but it should go down quickly.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, StefanMUC said:

I’ve put up badminton and trampoline tickets there weeks ago already but nobody wants them :(

Well, it looks like you don't want them (anymore) either, so.. Plus, how popular are these really for watching at the Games?

I know I'd only want tickets for those if they were the only ones I could get my hands on, without breaking the bank, just so I can say I was at the Olympics. So maybe last minute buyers will bite.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From my own experience in London…

When I arrived, I had a bunch of tix already to events I was keen on. When I went to pick them up, I found there were lots of other tix available from my agent to various events, so I picked up a couple more. By the second week, I was catching Oly fever and was keen on even more (and a friend in England also asked if I could get some for her). But when I went back to my sales agent, almost everything had been sold out by then - the only thing I could get was a handball semi final.

So, yeah, I’d expect demand would soar when the games actually start, people get the fever and will buy anything they can get their hands on. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, StefanMUC said:

Currently also not much movement on the resales platform either. I’ve put up badminton and trampoline tickets there weeks ago already but nobody wants them :(

Also, Stefan, are they finals or prelims? Before the games, it’s the medal matches that are in hottest demand. By the time they start, though, as I said, people grab whatever they can get their hands on.

One of my experiences in London too was standing in a street down from the equestrian venue with a cardboard sign asking if anyone had any tix to sell to show jumping. And sure enough, I managed to get what I wanted (and at face value, which I was glad of - I would have been prepared to pay a bit extra). And I know people who managed to easily sell on the street - for a premium - extra tix they didn’t want/ned for events like beach volleyball. But I guess that may not be possible to do now if all the tickets are purely electronic.

Edited by Sir Rols
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, FYI said:

Well, it looks like you don't want them (anymore) either, so.. Plus, how popular are these really for watching at the Games?

I know I'd only want tickets for those if they were the only ones I could get my hands on, without breaking the bank, just so I can say I was at the Olympics. So maybe last minute buyers will bite.

Yeah I kind of underestimated travel times within Paris, so I put them up for resale as it would probably be too close to other sessions, otherwise would have loved to see both. I tried to get tickets only for sports I’ve never seen live.

27 minutes ago, Sir Rols said:

Also, Stefan, are they finals or prelims? Before the games, it’s the medal matches that are in hottest demand. By the time they start, though, as I said, people grab whatever they can get their hands on.

One of my experiences in London too was standing in a street down from the equestrian venue with a cardboard sign asking if anyone had any tix to sell to show jumping. And sure enough, I managed to get what I wanted (and at face value, which I was glad of - I would have been prepared to pay a bit extra). And I know people who managed to easily sell on the street - for a premium - extra tix they didn’t want/ned for events like beach volleyball. But I guess that may not be possible to do now if all the tickets are purely electronic.

It’s medal events, so hopefully indeed closer to the sessions, they will be picked up (esp as in Badminton it is not yet known who will play in those matches obviously, while in Trampoline each session is prelim/final combined and all participants are already known).

As long as someone else on the street also has the ticket account/app and gives cash on the spot (or Paypal?), that should work too nowadays.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess that right now, the main buyers would be French but because of the upcoming elections, national focus won't be on the Olympics for the next three weeks... And the resale platform is not promoted.

Also, now that tickets are completely digital, it'll be even easier to decide to buy a lest-minute ticket.

5 hours ago, StefanMUC said:

As long as someone else on the street also has the ticket account/app and gives cash on the spot (or Paypal?), that should work too nowadays.

It would technically be possible, but it's forbidden by the terms and conditions. Be extra cautious if you try to do that or you may lose your tickets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cyriln said:

I guess that right now, the main buyers would be French but because of the upcoming elections, national focus won't be on the Olympics for the next three weeks... And the resale platform is not promoted.

Also, now that tickets are completely digital, it'll be even easier to decide to buy a lest-minute ticket.

It would technically be possible, but it's forbidden by the terms and conditions. Be extra cautious if you try to do that or you may lose your tickets.

Hm, you can basically transfer your ticket to anyone with an account. How or if that person paid you should actually not matter in my understanding.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, transferring a ticket to someone that gives you money at the same time looks like the definition of reselling, good luck to prove that's not the case if you get caught. And according to the terms and conditions you accepted when you bought your ticket, "The Ticket Holder is prohibited from reselling the Ticket outside the Resale Platform. [...] Any Person who has purchased a Ticket in violation of the Ticketing Terms and Conditions may not be allowed to enter the Venue or attend the Session, and the Ticket may be cancelled." Do you really want to spend time with someone that paid you for a ticket which can't be used?

Also, in an other part of the terms and conditions written in all caps and bold, there is an excerpt of the French law: "The act of selling, offering for sale or exhibiting with a view to sell, transfer or supply the means with a view to sell or transfer access passes to any sporting, cultural or commercial event or live show, on a habitual basis and without authorisation from the producer, organiser or holder of the exploitation rights to any such event or show is punishable by a fine of up to €15,000."

Police is already searching for fake sites that are selling tickets. I'm 100% sure they'll be on all venues to check for resellers. https://www.leparisien.fr/faits-divers/le-risque-cest-dacheter-du-vide-les-arnaques-aux-billets-des-jo-de-paris-2024-debarquent-sur-internet-11-05-2023-EF4M2Z2K3VGCBCWRGVYPE7N4J4.php

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cyriln said:

Well, transferring a ticket to someone that gives you money at the same time looks like the definition of reselling, good luck to prove that's not the case if you get caught. And according to the terms and conditions you accepted when you bought your ticket, "The Ticket Holder is prohibited from reselling the Ticket outside the Resale Platform. [...] Any Person who has purchased a Ticket in violation of the Ticketing Terms and Conditions may not be allowed to enter the Venue or attend the Session, and the Ticket may be cancelled." Do you really want to spend time with someone that paid you for a ticket which can't be used?

Also, in an other part of the terms and conditions written in all caps and bold, there is an excerpt of the French law: "The act of selling, offering for sale or exhibiting with a view to sell, transfer or supply the means with a view to sell or transfer access passes to any sporting, cultural or commercial event or live show, on a habitual basis and without authorisation from the producer, organiser or holder of the exploitation rights to any such event or show is punishable by a fine of up to €15,000."

Police is already searching for fake sites that are selling tickets. I'm 100% sure they'll be on all venues to check for resellers. https://www.leparisien.fr/faits-divers/le-risque-cest-dacheter-du-vide-les-arnaques-aux-billets-des-jo-de-paris-2024-debarquent-sur-internet-11-05-2023-EF4M2Z2K3VGCBCWRGVYPE7N4J4.php

For sure, but that’s not what I meant.

A purchaser can always rightfully transfer a ticket to someone else before the session starts, as long as it’s done via the official platform.

Anyway, if the resale on the platform doesn’t work, tough luck for me I guess. Though I think closer to the event there will surely be some takers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/14/2024 at 8:20 AM, Cyriln said:

A Restricted view tickets category has been added in multiple events, including the ones at the Stade de France. So, if you didn't explicitly chose one of those tickets, I think it should be okay. And for the View my seat on Stade de France's website, you can change the setting to see the place in a sports event and don't forget that the stadium will me in athletics mode, with the lower stands slightly retracted.

 

I guess that these Restricted view have been added for the new Thursday Tickets, as it is called. 60000 tickets in 25 sports have been added. Given that it's not really promoted, there is still available tickets for almost 500 sessions, but it should go down quickly.

No , didn't explicitly choose a restricted view ticket.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, JesseSaenz said:

I have a ticket to the opening ceremony that I am on the fence about selling, however, I don't see the "Sell" option beneath it in the official app. Does anyone else have this problem?

Perhaps the OC tickets cannot be resold?

Ceremonies tickets have not been made available on the tickets app yet (seat details are blank). Once it's done (it was planned for mid-June, so it should be soon), it will be possible de resell them.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Cyriln said:

Ceremonies tickets have not been made available on the tickets app yet (seat details are blank). Once it's done (it was planned for mid-June, so it should be soon), it will be possible de resell them.

Thanks!
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

New wave of tickets release this Thursday. 25000 tickets in 30 sports, but mainly for equestrian, swimming and France and USA basketball matches. There will also be some tickets for the opening ceremony.

Right now, 8.4 million tickets have been sold for the Olympics and just under one million for the Paralympics. (10 millions and 2.8 millions are expected to be sold)

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...