“The sky will be the limit” Houston 2026 President says if chosen FIFA World Cup host

GBModerator

Organizers in 17 cities across the United States are waiting for a final announcement from FIFA that will tell them if their cities will stage matches for the 2026 Football World Cup.  The final word is expected in April or May with only about 11 of those cities expected to make the list. President of […]

The post “The sky will be the limit” Houston 2026 President says if chosen FIFA World Cup host appeared first on GamesBids.com.

View the full article

Los Angeles, proposed to stage the final match in its new multi-billion dollar SoFi Stadium, is the only lock.

That's the sentence that has caught my eye. As I read this, this is attributed to Rob rather than Canetti. So it's decided then?

Also, that should confirm that SoFi is indeed able to expand to 100k seats, as was stated when construction started. As far as I know, FIFA still requires a minimum of 80k for the final.

10 hours ago, munichfan said:

That's the sentence that has caught my eye. As I read this, this is attributed to Rob rather than Canetti. So it's decided then?

Also, that should confirm that SoFi is indeed able to expand to 100k seats, as was stated when construction started. As far as I know, FIFA still requires a minimum of 80k for the final.

My guess is still could be the Rose Bowl as the final of the 2026 FIFA World Cup just like back in 1994.