WC Germany 2006 _ Pick the Winner

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very funny Munich 5-1 ...... sorry Munich72 I meant!

:P

Doesn't matter.....

btw, which team was in the final in yokohama? :o  :o

Brazil. Their opponents didn't turn up.

wembley2.jpg

wembley1.jpg

I think that ball is only considered a valid goal in England. The rest of the world is still wondering how they got away with that.

I read quite an amusing piece about England's chances in a Dutch paper this morning. It came down to the fact that only England believes they can win it which of course will never happen. According to the jpurnalist, the only reason they won it in 1966 was because they were the host, they scored a goal that clearly wasn't one in the final and Pelé got injured early in the tournament.

Although I agree with him to a certain extent (I don't rate England's chances that high either. They're coached by Ericcson and their captain is the most overrated player since human memory) he failed to mention exactly the same can be said about The Netherlands.

Doesn't matter.....

btw, which team was in the final in yokohama? :o  :o

Brazil. Their opponents didn't turn up.

that was not the question!

This is how I think the teams stake-up against each other, this is not a final ranking.

1. Brazil

2. Czech Republic

3. Germany

4. Argentina

5. Netherlands

6. France

7. England

8. Sweden

9. Italy

10. Croatia

11. Spain

12. Portugal

13. USA

14. Mexico

15. Cote D'Iviore

16. Japan

17. Ukraine

18. Poland

19. Serbia minus Monetenegro by then

20. Korea

21. Switzerland

22. Iran

23. Paraguay

24. Edcuador

25. Tunisia

26. Ghana

27. Australia

28. Costa Rica

29. Togo

30. Angola

31. Saudi Arabia

32. Trinidad and Tobago

i don't know anything about football BUT why noone considered Italy? i mean...many of you meantioned some teams that are objectively weaker than Italy. Maybe the Azzurri will not be the winners but you don't give'em nor a little chance...and i wonder...?

I read quite an amusing piece about England's chances in a Dutch paper this morning. It came down to the fact that only England believes they can win it which of course will never happen. According to the jpurnalist, the only reason they won it in 1966 was because they were the host, they scored a goal that clearly wasn't one in the final and Pelé got injured early in the tournament.

Although I agree with him to a certain extent (I don't rate England's chances that high either. They're coached by Ericcson and their captain is the most overrated player since human memory) he failed to mention exactly the same can be said about The Netherlands.

By the way; England have been the victims of 'dubious' goals before too - none more so than Mexico '86 and the 'Hand of God'.

handagod.gif

The difference was that the 1966 goal wasn't a deliberate attempt at cheating - but alls fair in love, war and World Cup football I suppose!

I think in England, before every World Cup, everyone is rating the chances of the home team - it is not really so much different this time than from all the other times - other than some foreign comentators have also stated that England can do well.  England is a country that completely stops during a World Cup - schools and workplaces have to make special arrangements so that everyone has the opportunity to see the home side play.  I don't think there's any over-confidence around at the moment, I just think that everyone is so excited, as they are before any World Cup, and are just really really really hoping that England do well.  I think there are around half a dozen teams that can be expected to do well in this tournament and have a good chance of winning - maybe you'll think I am kidding myself but I believe that one of them is England.

Every World Cup that I have seen (not 1970 - I wasn't born!) England have played really well and lost against brilliant opposition - even in France '98, where we went out in the last 16, it was an epic battle against Argentina - despite David Beckham being sent off they played brilliantly.  There is of course the loss to the soon to be champions Argentina in Mexico '86, in Italia '90 the team fought well to take Germany (the eventual winners) to penalties in the semi final and in Japan/Korea they were knocked out in a close game against the eventual winners Brazil in the quater finals.  

There's always a yearning that England will win, and then confidence that whatever happens England will go down fighting, but I don't feel that there is a confidence that England will win - it's just hope.  It's rather telling that no English person on this thread has so far predicted an England victory.

For the USA to do well, we must win the group to avoid Brazil.  No one wants to play Brazil, and the route from first place in Group E could be the easiest of any group winner's depending on how things go.  But I'm a realist, and winning a group with the Czechs, Italians, and an unheralded but pretty good Ghana squad will be very difficult.  The way I see it, two draws and a win would be the best scenario for USA, and winning the goal differential battle.  Still an extremely difficult goal.

For the USA to do well, we must win the group to avoid Brazil.  No one wants to play Brazil, and the route from first place in Group E could be the easiest of any group winner's depending on how things go.  But I'm a realist, and winning a group with the Czechs, Italians, and an unheralded but pretty good Ghana squad will be very difficult.  The way I see it, two draws and a win would be the best scenario for USA, and winning the goal differential battle.  Still an extremely difficult goal.

The USA won't pass to the next round... the Italians and the Czechs are far better...

The USA won't pass to the next round... the Italians and the Czechs are far better...

whaddu you know, pus-face?  U're some minor functionary in the Agricultural  :laughlong:  section of the Spanish foreign ministry.  Probably sucking ambassadors' c*cks in some broom closet.

Y que puede desir de los Espanoles?

Siempre en cada Copa Mudial se cagan en los pantalones!

Franco es su papi!!!!!!! :laughlong:  :unclesam:

Y que puede desir de los Espanoles?

Siempre en cada Copa Mudial se cagan en los pantalones!

Franco es su papi!!!!!!! :laughlong:  :unclesam:

Y el vuestro es el comepollas de Jorgito Arbusto... y su esposa la putañera de Laurencia Bush(arbusta).

BARON, CABRON, SALUDA A LA AFICION!!!

PS. baron and POV are the same person  :wwww: Both of them are the same GILIPOLLAS.

My prediction, witch are worth nothing at all. (Go Japan!!!).

Groupe A.

1. Germany (7)

2. Poland (7)

3.Costarica (3)

4. Ecuator (0)

Groupe B.

1. Sweden (9) (I am shure they can beat England and Paraguay)

2. Paraguay (4)

3. England (4)

4. Trinider and Trobago (0)

Groupe C.

1. Argentina (9)

2. Serbia Montenegro (4)

3. Holland (4)

4. Ivory Coast (0)

Groupe D.

1. Mexico (7)

2. Portugal (5)

3. Iran (4)

4. Angola (0)

Groupe E.

1. Italy (9)

2. Czech Republic (6)

3. U.S.A. (3)

4. Ghana (0)

Groupe F.

1. Brazil (7)

2. Japan (7)

3. Croatia (1)

4. Australia (1)

Groupe G.

1. South Corea (5)

2. Switzerland (5)

3. France (5)

4. Togo (0)

Groupe H.

1. Spain (7)

2. Ukraine (5)

3. Saudi Arabia (3)

4. Tunesia (1)

Second Round:

Germany beat Paraguay

Argentina beat Portugal

Sweden beat Poland

Serbia Montenergo beat Mexico

Japan beat Itali (I belive... lol)

Korea beats Ukraine

Brazile beats Czrech Republic

Switzerland beats Spain

Quarter finals

Argentina beat Germanie

Japan beat Korea

Serbia Montenegro beats Sweeden

Brazil beat Switzerland

Semi Finals

Japan beat Argentina (I wish...)

Serbia Montenegro beat Brazil (Hey, its POSSIBLE)

Third Place Final

Brazil beat Argentina

Final

Japan beat Serbia Montenegro

I would rather see anyone but Brazil. I can not stand the Brazilian team and want them to lose so very badly. Its worth cheering for England to see them lose, or worse yet France or Spain. :shocked:

I would rather see anyone but Brazil. I can not stand the Brazilian team and want them to lose so very badly. Its worth cheering for England to see them lose, or worse yet France or Spain. :shocked:

I'm with you. It's not that I hate them, indeed, they probably are a cut above the rest. I'd just like to see new blood triumph.

I'm with you. It's not that I hate them, indeed, they probably are a cut above the rest. I'd just like to see new blood triumph.

New blood?? :shocked: ??, He!! no, Deutschland #4

I'd rather a team other than Brazil won it for a change.

However, I'll support Brazil over Germany (old enemy #1 -even though the legend is in charge!), France (can't support the French at football, sorry), Italy (hate Italian football) or Argentina (old enemy #2).

Then again, if England are still in the world cup, I'll probably support anyone against Brazil in the hope we won't have to play them again!

:;):

My prediction, witch are worth nothing at all. (Go Japan!!!).

Groupe A.

1. Germany (7)

2. Poland (7)

3.Costarica (3)

4. Ecuator (0)

Groupe B.

1. Sweden (9) (I am shure they can beat England and Paraguay)

2. Paraguay (4)

3. England (4)

4. Trinider and Trobago (0)

Groupe C.

1. Argentina (9)

2. Serbia Montenegro (4)

3. Holland (4)

4. Ivory Coast (0)

Groupe D.

1. Mexico (7)

2. Portugal (5)

3. Iran (4)

4. Angola (0)

Groupe E.

1. Italy (9)

2. Czech Republic (6)

3. U.S.A. (3)

4. Ghana (0)

Groupe F.

1. Brazil (7)

2. Japan (7)

3. Croatia (1)

4. Australia (1)

Groupe G.

1. South Corea (5)

2. Switzerland (5)

3. France (5)

4. Togo (0)

Groupe H.

1. Spain (7)

2. Ukraine (5)

3. Saudi Arabia (3)

4. Tunesia (1)

Second Round:

Germany beat Paraguay

Argentina beat Portugal

Sweden beat Poland

Serbia Montenergo beat Mexico

Japan beat Itali (I belive... lol)

Korea beats Ukraine

Brazile beats Czrech Republic

Switzerland beats Spain

Quarter finals

Argentina beat Germanie

Japan beat Korea

Serbia Montenegro beats Sweeden

Brazil beat Switzerland

Semi Finals

Japan beat Argentina (I wish...)

Serbia Montenegro beat Brazil (Hey, its POSSIBLE)

Third Place Final

Brazil beat Argentina

Final

Japan beat Serbia Montenegro

Crazy ! Thats 1 adj I can discribe you with

Ecuador is gonna beat Costa Rica

England lose to Paraguay , DREAM ON !

Holland below Serbia ..... GET REAL

The Czech below Italy ? USA onli winning Ghana , it so easy to guess watch soccer ...

French losing to the swiss ?

Mexico losing to Serbia ..... yea , when pigs fly ...

Italy has playing in 12 world cups , Japan has played is 3 .....

Spain will sooo not lose the Swizerland

Serbia beating sweden ? Wats wif you are Serbia ?

FYI .... Germany is the home team u KNOW

Japan beating Brazil ......

:glare:

LIKE GET REAL , THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR JUST FILLING THE PARTICIPANTS , FOR PETE SAKE , DO YOU EVEN WATCH FOOTBALL ?  ???

Archived