COVID

Hi All

I tested positive for COVID yesterday... any other members have/had it?

My symptoms are very light as i have been triple vaccinated.

Headache - runny nose - light head - chesty

I now have to stay at home for 5 days until i test negative

Although i hate this in my body, so far it is just like having a cold.

• Sad 1

****, that’s tough. Hope you recover soon mate.

I’ve managed to avoid it so far and want to keep it that way. Miraculously considering my partner is in the front line as an ED nurse and has been treating Covid patients since the beginning. The good thing about that was both of us (me as a household contact) were in the front of the queue for vaccinations. 

Scotguy II, what happened to SG I?  Is II your new neo-Ukrainian personality?  Where did your new "ID" go?  And even though you're in insular NZ, you still got it, huh?  

Did you get the Putin strain? 

I got my 2nd booster shot on Thursday -- so I've had 4 shots in all -- as I am immuno-compromised.  My left shoulder is just a little sore 48 hours after.  But otherwise, no after-effects on any of my vax shots!!

Hope you get better soon, SGII.  Focus all your negative juju on bad things for Putin . . .  and all will be well with the world!! ;)

Edited by baron-pierreIV

Scotguy II, hope you’re feeling better soon.  In all likelihood it is Omicron which has milder symptoms. Keep hydrated, keep eating, it should soon pass and you’ll gradually start feeling better.

Thank goodness Delta is fading out.  My partner and I contracted Delta in November which was the worst illness I’ve ever had, and couldn’t taste or smell. My partner had mild symptoms and was able to look after me.They sent us oximeters by courier which helped us give oxygen saturation readings every day when the hospital nurse rang us at home every day. We had a thermometer at home which monitored fever.  It was hard to even sip fluids but we had to, eating was the last thing I wanted to do either, but gradually the symptoms eased painfully slowly.

• Like 1

Jeez Scotguy...

Wellington, what a fun place to be right now.:(

No surprizes you got symptoms.

Like you I'm triple jabbed and at work we have strict protocols, segregation of shifts, temp checks, log ins etc... Lots of scares with staff standing down...RAT packs being issued to us.

Shoulder hurt after jabs but the booster jab hurt the most as the pain went right down my left side.

Get well soon...At least you have got it now so will have more immunity as the borders are swung open in the next month.

• 5 weeks later...

Well, the Wuhan Flu finally got its hooks onto me :wacko:

My partner got it last week, so we’ve been managing isolation and keeping our distance. I thought I’d survived miraculously unscathed by the time we reached day 6 and one day away from freedom.

Then I woke this morning feeling “not quite right”. Took the RAT and got my result.

Don’t feel too bad so far, just not normal. Cross fingers… Just glad I didn’t get it two years ago and have been triple vaxxed in the interim.

Edited by Sir Rols

/\/\ Overall, the news sound positive.  It's a good test for your immune system -- as you said, after 3 vaces(?).  When I almost got a cold a few weeks ago, even before my 4th vax, I felt the bug going away after 24 hours whereas pre-Covid, I would deal with the usual viral cold for 2-3 days.  Is G. fixing you good chicken soup?  

Edited by baron-pierreIV

Had it three weeks ago; amazed it took me that long to catch it. Started as a cough and it took a good few days for the LFT to come back positive. But really, just like having a cold. Thank you vaccines.

Hope it gets no worse for you Rols. Take care of yourselves!

Edited by Rob.

I have never had any kind of Covid because I've been keep on doing self-preventions since outbreak in 2020 as other people in my country do:ph34r:(ex.,I gargle my throat especially in winter.Washing my hands at least 20 minutes both at home and out of home. Wearing mask every day. I make it a rule not to touch my eyes, nose and mouth directly if I touch something when I'm out of home, and I even carry small rubbing alcohol hypochlorous acid bottles for fear of consequence.)But frankly speaking, those really make me exhausted and they have been a mental lockdown to me.:D

I don't want to thank to vaccines and I still believe the virus was created artificially.I want to return to the normal world without corona as soon as possible.

@rols, hope you will never get worse and now you are fine.;)

• Sad 1

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...