I just joined in due to work appointments, but I read that Parsons gave a strong statement for peace? Well, that is a lot from someone who almost accepted Russian and Belarusian athletes at these Games despite all that has happened in their name in Ukraine.

5 minutes ago, AustralianFan said:

“not war and hate”……. strong speech, almost shouting he is… IPC President

This is the second time in 8 years that Putin has totally disrespected the Winter Paralympics by invading Ukraine immediately after the Olympics.

Enough is enough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Olympian2004 said:

I just joined in due to work appointments, but I read that Parsons gave a strong statement for peace? Well, that is a lot from someone who almost accepted Russian and Belarusian athletes at these Games despite all that has happened in their name in Ukraine.

It remains to be seen whether the ban on Russian and Belarusian athletes is legal. Catch is, of course, that the ban resulted from protests by the majority of individual athletes. The choice between an illegal ban or a Games without athletes is a no-brainer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JMarkSnow2012 said:

This is the second time in 8 years that Putin has totally disrespected the Winter Paralympics by invading Ukraine immediately after the Olympics.

Enough is enough.

Exactly. Couldn't have said it better.