Time to kick muddah-f*cking Russia out once & for all?

12 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

Well, there is always the coward's way out -- a cyanide pill or a bullet.  The KGB guys are trained to do that -- so the WHOLE WORLD can pray that that the path he takes.  That way, he wouldn't have to live with any shame.  

I think the only way to get rid of him is for a cabal in the kremlin to decide it's in Russia's interest for him to have a sudden heart attack.

Megalomaniacs don't let go of power willingly, and sanctions have never led to regime change. Not in Cuba, or North Korea, or Iran, or Venezuela. The common people of Russia are going to go hungry, but the man ruling them will stay on his throne enjoying caviar and Russian champagne.

14 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

Well, there is always the coward's way out -- a cyanide pill or a bullet.  The KGB guys are trained to do that -- so the WHOLE WORLD can pray that that the path he takes.  That way, he wouldn't have to live with any shame.  

Unfortunately, this guy's nuts seem to be made of Donbas steel. If he meets an early end, it'll be a heart attack over the rage when (not if) Finland joins NATO or one of the generals (many of which are told to be not amused at this filthy warmongering) will take care of the matter.

Let's hope he goes sooner rather than later. He seems committed to subdue by any means. Already a second wave of tanks is on its way to Kyiv. And the Russian attacks will probably intensify by every minute.

Putin is just the archetypical dictator. They love to play the strongman. They think they’re cleverer than anyone else because they ignore normal boundaries. They boast of the united, strong, monolithic states there rule. They thumb their noses at “weak, divided, decadent” democracies.

In reality they only manage to hold onto power by gangsterism, cronyism and fear. Their “monolithic” states either rot from the inside or fall apart swiftly when challenged.  They are exposed as anything but united. And democracies tend to show a remarkable, even surprising, resilience when confronted head on.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AustralianFan said:

Spot on.  

The IOC can longer claim it is above politics.

But it never was. Tracey’s really over-egging it.

Baron Pierre came up with the idea as a way reinvigorate sporting manly virtues in France so it would never to be humiliated again as it was in 1870. It’s always been organised as countries competing against countries. it’s taken sides whenever it’s been expedient - against Germany, Austria-Hungary,Turkey, Japan, South Africa, Jugoslavia and, now, Russia and Belarus. Meanwhile hosts and competing countries have used them for propaganda, for nationalism, to boost civic morale and goodwill and to spin their own narratives. There is nothing intrinsically apolitical about the Olympics. If anything, they’ve always been hyper-nationalistic circuses to entertain the masses.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AustralianFan said:

The “FINA Order” award given Putin has just been withdrawn by FINA.

FINA have also just banned competitors or officials competing under the name Russia or Belarus.   Further, Nationals of either country will only be accepted as “neutrals”. 

Time to kick aquatics from the Paris Olympics. Allowing Russian and Belarusian athletes to compete as neutrals is a farce.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AustralianFan said:

The EU have acted against the President of the International Fencing Federation (FIE) President Alisher Usmanov, a Russian oligarch with alleged ties to Putin.  They’ve placed Usmanov on the EU sanctions list

It'll be interesting if the UK follows on this given his links to Everton and their expectation of a bumper naming rights deal from USM for their new stadium.

6 hours ago, Nacre said:

I think the only way to get rid of him is for a cabal in the kremlin to decide it's in Russia's interest for him to have a sudden heart attack.

Megalomaniacs don't let go of power willingly, and sanctions have never led to regime change. Not in Cuba, or North Korea, or Iran, or Venezuela. The common people of Russia are going to go hungry, but the man ruling them will stay on his throne enjoying caviar and Russian champagne.

There must be an undercurrent of an internal power struggle going on - somewhere. 

2 hours ago, Guilga said:

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1119914/volleyball-federation-mens-championship

IT HAPPENED 

RUSSIA'S RIGHT TO HOST MEN'S VOLLEYBALL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP REVOKED.

About time!  However, Guilga, slight correction.  It wasn't a "right."  It was a "privilege" to host etc., etc. 

I also just heard from a rep of USAVolleyball, she said that USAVolleyball would not even try to organize the Men's World Championhips (w/ 24 teams) due to the shortness of time.  Of course, anything could change.  It better NOT be China either.  Maybe Italy-France?  

Edited by baron-pierreIV
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i think that this war is not going to and before autumn.. 

in stead of hibernate.. its going to be summernate..

i think after whole the world-sport-structures are suspending russian participation in all sports; that there will be created a new paralel sport-infrastructure with russia-china-dualism at the head of it.. there will be certainly countries that will shuffle into the que of new era of olympics and world championships organization, with their own world football cup etc..

its a crazy thinking, but this suspending-chain on the globe can/will create polarization-of-sports organization with its own football league.. im not believing this, but its only loudly thinking what im doing.. Maybe it will be totally not organizable.

6 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

About time!  However, Guilga, slight correction.  It wasn't a "right."  It was a "privilege" to host etc., etc. 

I also just heard from a rep of USAVolleyball, she said that USAVolleyball would not even try to organize the Men's World Championhips (w/ 24 teams) due to the shortness of time.  Of course, anything could change.  It better NOT be China either.  Maybe Italy-France?  

This could really become a mess if it takes so long to find that new host. Given the circunstances, wonder if it´s better to choose a non-qualified team to host (to replace Russia because of the current events) or to choose an already qualified team to host and add a wild card(to not make a mess out of it). 

It better NOT be China either.  Maybe Italy-France?  

But about this part in specific; for real, if everything goes wrong, the new host country could become a more puzzling one than Russia. In addition to what you said, Poland could also be a intersting choice; they will also host the Women´s Champioship with The Netherlands, but it might be too close to the chaos to be viable.

This makes Japan a great choice with no proximity to the conflict even with Russia being too large that they have a (maritime)border with them too; also, for some unlikely reason (due to the reasons that you told me before, even if i still  thinks it could be fun in the right time), if the current Brazilian president of FIVB decides to go home, or the president that brought us the most useless Copa America in history decides to intervene with a pandemic still happening just like that time(CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH, sorry about that bloke), i wonder if i would be as pissed with Brazil getting it as i was with Comnebol that fateful day. We could try, but with a pandemic rolling around and public carnaval being delayed to April because of the Omicron, that would be as tasteless as that news that Copa America was moved to here. (It could be really funny if Argentina wins it as well, though) 

Wonder if there is another country at the Americas or Asia that could host it and not make a diplomatic mess out of it.

21 hours ago, stryker said:

Not sure if there's any Russians in the IOC or IPC but if so they should face immediate expulsion.

They’re safe… for now

IOC members from Russia set to retain posts despite recommended athletes' ban

Whereas I think this is the second Russian IF leader to fall on his sword

Oligarch Usmanov stands aside as FIE President in wake of EU sanctions