31 minutes ago, SportLightning said:

Barcelona 2030 could use Sarajevo.

STOP

@SportLightning

STOP with your silly sentences

STOP with quoting me

STOP writing groundlessly in every thread

you only want to increase your posting-number

and thats why you post everywhere 1 sentence whereby we/other-users cant examine your real thinking-ability in sport

STOP WITH THAT.. stop with your reckkess/wastefull comments.. ENOUGH = ENOUGH

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, fatixxx said:

STOP

@SportLightning

STOP with your silly sentences

STOP with quoting me

STOP writing groundlessly in every thread

you only want to increase your posting-number

and thats why you post everywhere 1 sentence whereby we/other-users cant examine your real thinking-ability in sport

STOP WITH THAT.. stop with your reckkess/wastefull comments.. ENOUGH = ENOUGH

@fatixxx easy there.  take a deep breath ….

People with all abilities are welcome here and we need to be supportive of each other and not make incorrect assumptions about others.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, AustralianFan said:

@fatixxx easy there.  take a deep breath ….

People with all abilities are welcome here and we need to be supportive of each other and not make incorrect assumptions about others.

best australian,

i think that i am supportively enough

but this is an ilness

not 1 time not 10 times not 100 times

it is the same motive over and over again

im (i am sure many users too) sick of it.. it has to stop somewhere!

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, SportLightning said:

I heard a while they may do solo bid.

I really don’t think they have enough time given that since the June bid withdrawl announcement in June, the IOC have indicated that this December they will announce a preferred bidder fir 2030 to be elevated to Targeted Dialogue for election in May 2023.  The Spanish bid team have simply run out of time for a solo bid at 2030.  

In the meantime, Milano-Cortina 2026 still have some important decisions to be made around planning and venues.

Speaking of tracks.. with next national vote apparently turning to right, I doubt they will consider extra-territory options. 

And If low-profile Torino did it by itself from scratch, what make you think that bully Milan and proud Cortina would go different? 

• 2 weeks later...

“Under initial plans for the new venue, called "The Cathedral", elements of the existing San Siro would have been left standing, including one of the pillars which makes up the stadium's iconic exterior.”

“However, La Gazzetta dello Sport reports that the two football clubs have now proposed demolishing the current stadium entirely.“

Bach has faith in "Italian friends" to deliver Milan Cortina Winter Olympics (insidethegames.biz)

Been saying this since the Italians were awarded the Games. Where`s the money to host going to come from when Italy is practically broke? Pipe dream fantasies thinking this whole thing was going to be funded with private funds. Now to cover their tails they are saying the Cortina track would have been rebuilt anyway so it doesn`t count towards the budget. Do people honestly really believe that? As recently as June some Italian leaders were even asking the same question. Where is the money for this?

Italian leaders say there’s ‘no money’ for 2026 Winter Games in Milan, Cortina - Deseret News

I‘d say Fencing 1976 giving such a statement shows that all the alarms in Lausanne have gone off. If all went according to plan, there would be a different tone.

Economic crisis plus likely government change which will bring Mussolini‘s heirs to power…what could seriously go wrong here…

18 hours ago, StefanMUC said:

I‘d say Fencing 1976 giving such a statement shows that all the alarms in Lausanne have gone off. If all went according to plan, there would be a different tone.

Economic crisis plus likely government change which will bring Mussolini‘s heirs to power…what could seriously go wrong here…

Agree 100 percent. If this thing goes over budget which I suspect it will requiring the tapping of public funds to pay for this then I'd say that's a serious threat to any western European country from hosting the WOGs again in a time when the IOC's reputation is in the toilet.

The IOC (not having a lot of options) awarded the 2026O Olympics to a country that cannot afford them. If I was Bach I'd be telling the organizers to get Torino on the phone and bring them in to the fold (as a co-host not as a replacement)

^^Torino was intended to get involved in early plans but CONI and Lombardy-Venice duality briefly made it clear that they would have gone exclusively with the eastern side of the alps (and that curious map on their homepage can speak!).

And possibly, unless big rearrengements would occur, I doubt Turin would agree on being a last minute crutch.

In the meantime, they should just refresh their team in charge. :ph34r:

On 9/19/2022 at 11:56 AM, fusilli said:

^^Torino was intended to get involved in early plans but CONI and Lombardy-Venice duality briefly made it clear that they would have gone exclusively with the eastern side of the alps (and that curious map on their homepage can speak!).

And possibly, unless big rearrengements would occur, I doubt Turin would agree on being a last minute crutch.

In the meantime, they should just refresh their team in charge. :ph34r:

Venice was on the handover video of Milano Cortina 2026, it might be a view area of live sites during the games.

On 9/18/2022 at 8:37 PM, stryker said:

Agree 100 percent. If this thing goes over budget which I suspect it will requiring the tapping of public funds to pay for this then I'd say that's a serious threat to any western European country from hosting the WOGs again in a time when the IOC's reputation is in the toilet.

The IOC (not having a lot of options) awarded the 2026O Olympics to a country that cannot afford them. If I was Bach I'd be telling the organizers to get Torino on the phone and bring them in to the fold (as a co-host not as a replacement)

Because Stockholm was not a viable option right? Because they wanted to use Sigulda instead of spending a quarter of a billion to build one they don't need. After the IOC practically begged Korea to use Nagano and are now begging Italy to use Igles or St Mortiz or Innsbruck. It was the old way vs a new way and the membership picked the old way. Lindberg pretty much predicted this during the session.

6 hours ago, Faster said:

Because Stockholm was not a viable option right? Because they wanted to use Sigulda instead of spending a quarter of a billion to build one they don't need. After the IOC practically begged Korea to use Nagano and are now begging Italy to use Igles or St Mortiz or Innsbruck. It was the old way vs a new way and the membership picked the old way. Lindberg pretty much predicted this during the session.

Igls IS Innsbruck, just to clarify.

On 9/27/2022 at 2:26 AM, StefanMUC said:

Igls IS Innsbruck, just to clarify.

Thanks,point still stands. Stockholm got knocked back because they openly wanted to us another countries sliding center (and a very popular one at that) combined with Are being far from Stockholm. Yet we have a games spread over the majority of Northern Italy. Probably going to see the ISU step in and demand that Torino be used for speed skating. And now the IOC pushing, yet again, to use an existing sliding center in another country.

It's probably time (maybe overdue) to adopt the European Championships model for sliding - split it off and have Olympic sliding events at an existing track on the same continent. If one sport constantly causes these problems it's time to ask whether it's the sport itself that has to adapt, rather than the host every time. Maybe that multinational decentralised model could even be the future of the entire Winter Olympics, especially as climate change makes finding suitable mountains close enough to suitable cities more and more difficult. 

Edit: I say this as someone from a country that gets most of its winter medals on the sliding track. It can't go on causing every prospective host nothing but trouble without something being done. 

Edited by yoshi