On 6/28/2022 at 12:30 AM, fusilli said:

More than 100 towns in Italy’s Po valley asked to ration water

Wonder how local authorities will deal with this AND still keep going with new energy-voracious venues :wacko:

With the Games still 4 years away, I guess local authorities and Games organisers will be hoping the drought is forecast to be over by then.

If it’s not forecast to end by 2026, they should have plenty of warning to prepare for a drought contingency solutions ahead of and through that Games winter.

• 3 weeks later...

So Italy is going to early polls in autumn, with technocrat Draghi in his attempts for stable governing being kicked by populists to the left and right, and a former neofascist looking to become Italy’s first female PM.

If I were working at a certain organisation in Lausanne right now, I would start to be very worried.

• 4 weeks later...

“The bobsleigh renovation of the existing Pista Eugenio Monti track in Cortina d'Ampezzo is expected to cost at least €85 million (£72 million/$84 million).”

“Earlier this month, Cortina d'Ampezzo councillor Roberta de Zanna made an informal offer to Austrian authorities for 1976 Winter Olympics host Innsbruck to hold sliding events.”

3 hours ago, fusilli said:

Geography, much? :rolleyes:

No. 

Turin is not on the map because Turin has nothing to do with the 2026 Milano Cortina Winter Games.

Sorry, Turin was 2006 and has, at this time, no venues for the 2026 Games.

It is not a geography map of Italy, nor is it a sentinemtal map showing past Games host locations such as Turin or Rome.

If you want to find out where Turin is, you will need to look for it on googlemaps.

3 hours ago, fusilli said:

^^you clearly can't read the map if you don't get the omissis.. and irony!

When you click on “Games Map” at the the bottom of this official website linkTurin does briefly appear for 1-2 seconds as the map auto-zooms into the 2026 venue clusters.

Below is my own google map with the 2026 venue geographical locations, saved as hearts.

Milano Cortina 2026 Venue Locations - Olympics and Paralympics

o2dqqeS.jpg

The largest cluster of course is Milano, which has five venues across these Games.

On 8/24/2022 at 2:59 AM, AustralianFan said:

“The bobsleigh renovation of the existing Pista Eugenio Monti track in Cortina d'Ampezzo is expected to cost at least €85 million (£72 million/$84 million).”

“Earlier this month, Cortina d'Ampezzo councillor Roberta de Zanna made an informal offer to Austrian authorities for 1976 Winter Olympics host Innsbruck to hold sliding events.”

i made also a map in the other thread..

at this link > https://www.gamesbids.com/forums/topic/33771-barcelona-2030-understanding-the-bid-with-expansion-ao-inclusion-of-an-eventual-sarajevo-legacy-cluster/?do=findComment&comment=557582

i tried to indicate all the sliding tracks in whole the alps region.. but what australian fan shared is effective..

the innsbrück/igls sliding track make sense, because its close qua distance.. at the map that Aus-Fan shared, we see also that the biathlon venue location is very very close (maybe just next) to the austrian border.. its clickable on the MC 2026 website organisation map..

note: at the link i just shared above, for those who are interested can find a world-list of gliding tracks.

LxGYVGh.png

• Thanks 1

On 8/25/2022 at 11:09 AM, fatixxx said:

i made also a map in the other thread..

at this link > https://www.gamesbids.com/forums/topic/33771-barcelona-2030-understanding-the-bid-with-expansion-ao-inclusion-of-an-eventual-sarajevo-legacy-cluster/?do=findComment&comment=557582

i tried to indicate all the sliding tracks in whole the alps region.. but what australian fan shared is effective..

the innsbrück/igls sliding track make sense, because its close qua distance.. at the map that Aus-Fan shared, we see also that the biathlon venue location is very very close (maybe just next) to the austrian border.. its clickable on the MC 2026 website organisation map..

note: at the link i just shared above, for those who are interested can find a world-list of gliding tracks.

LxGYVGh.png

Barcelona 2030 could use Sarajevo.

• Like 1