26 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

I have yet to see a valid response to Seb Coe/Herald-Suns' concern on how Ballarat with a population of 100,000 will fill a stadium of 30,000 day in, day out of 7 days for each and every morning/night session ... I await your answer as the Herr Commander won't answer it himself

Come back and ask that question again in 2026 on the first day of the Track and Field competition in front of a stadium packed with Victorians who have come in by train,  us and car.   Early reports are that an events train platform will be installed near Mars Stadium in Ballarat.

Park and Ride at train stations right aross Melbourne and the Regions with ticket will be heavily promoted.  

A massive fleet of coaches will, as it was for Sydney 2000, will operate a network of shuttles to various key strategic points and into, out of and between the four Regional Games Hubs and Melbourne.

So no need to worry, after the big Opening Ceremony at the G,  sport-loving Victorians will flock from the Regions and Melbourne to the beautiful settings of the competition venues throughout Victoria.

37 minutes ago, AustralianFan said:

Early reports are that an events train platform will be installed near Mars Stadium in Ballarat.

For Velocity trains that only have a maximum capacity of 222 people. There's not enough Velocity trains in the whole network that at capacity would be able to fill the Ballarat Stadium. V-Line signalling means only a maximum of 4 trains per hour can run on a regional line so at best they can deliver 888 people per hour to the stadium from Melbourne via train per hour for a trip than takes more than 90 minutes. Keep digging that whole son, Dan's paying you the big money for it

1 minute ago, Gonzo said:

For Velocity trains that only have a maximum capacity of 222 people. There's not enough Velocity trains in the whole network that at capacity would be able to fill the Ballarat Stadium. V-Line signalling means only a maximum of 4 trains per hour can run on a regional line so at best they can deliver 888 people per hour to the stadium from Melbourne via train per hour for a trip than takes more than 90 minutes.

Gosh, in one sentence, you seem to have found a way not to have the Games a all based on your inside knowledge of …..  what ?  …… nothing.

Best to leave the logistics of Games public transport to the experts don’t you think?  

Or you can wait until the public transport plan has been released.

4 minutes ago, AustralianFan said:

Mr Negativity, best you stay out of what you know nothing about.

I'll leave it to Wurundjeri elder Ian Hunter then who told 3AW that the current trend in Welcome to Country & Acknowledgement of Country by government agencies & businesses was "unnecessary and condescending"

3 hours ago, Australian Kiwi said:

Victorian 

I work adjacent to people involved in Comm Games planning (although I know as much as anyone else) - but I might be able to suss out a way to feed suggestions through to them - eg. Comms and Engagement. 

I'll keep you posted. 

Thanks mate. I really appreciate it. 

One thing I know is that people (the Silent Majority) are starting to get very sick and tired by the continual whining from the professional Aboriginal Industry led by the Aboriginal Elite (the Thorpes, the Stewarts, the Clarks, the Bambletts, the Briggs, the Murrays) who have sucked billions upon billions of taxpayers money over the decades, while Aboriginals of need in Central/Outback Australia continue to be mistreated and ignored

And the "progressive" left push the virtue signalling down people throats

The Aboriginal elites needs to be careful or there will be a massive pushback and you'll see a large NO vote in any Voice forthcoming referendum if the push to have ordinary Australians seem to be foreigners in their own country continues

57 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

One thing I know is that people (the Silent Majority) are starting to get very sick and tired by the continual whining from the professional Aboriginal Industry led by the Aboriginal Elite (the Thorpes, the Stewarts, the Clarks, the Bambletts, the Briggs, the Murrays) who have sucked billions upon billions of taxpayers money over the decades, while Aboriginals of need in Central/Outback Australia continue to be mistreated and ignored

And the "progressive" left push the virtue signalling down people throats

The Aboriginal elites needs to be careful or there will be a massive pushback and you'll see a large NO vote in any Voice forthcoming referendum if the push to have ordinary Australians seem to be foreigners in their own country continues

There it is.  Right wing racist garbage.

Best you stay out of what you know nothing about as you have no respect for First Peoples and cultures as we move toward Victoria 2026.

Connecting Art and Ocean

One of the artists who I hope is included in and celebrated in the Victoria 2026 Commonwealth Games and the Ceremonies.

Incredible Lowell Hunter from Warnambool Victoria.

Creates massive, incredible art pieces in the sands.

Beautiful, spiritual, connected to country.

Bells Beach, Victoria

XaiQsMs.jpg

Credit: Lowell Hunter’s breathtaking work - 3KND.org.au

Thirteenth Beach, Victoria

RoRdC7Y.jpg

Credit: Lowell Hunter’s breathtaking work - 3KND.org.au

Gn0kihv.jpg

Credit: Capturing a connection to country - Surf Coast Times

Upgrades for South Geelong station that will be near Kardinia Park (Cricket) and Kardinia Aquatic Centre (Swimming, Diving). Will be completed by mid-late 2024 so ready for the Commonwealth Games.

https://www.nationaltribune.com.au/boom-gates-going-in-south-geelong/

https://bigbuild.vic.gov.au/projects/geelong-line-upgrade/about/have-your-say

https://bigbuild.vic.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0008/701783/RRR-GELU-WPD-South-Geelong-Station-Factsheet.pdf

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png