45 minutes ago, TorchbearerSydney said:

Watching them 'weld' apart that enormous vertical steel frame for the vertical LEDs all I can think of is what a huge waste of time and money. That vertical screen didn't really add much to the Opening Ceremony.

It looked kind of cool when the thing opened up and the athletes started walking in.

I liked also the moon on the top of it in that outer space badkground with the snowflake on top of the planet.

Apart from those moments, it kind of was under-utilised, I agree.

Pondering right now whether to stay up for the ceremony or take a 4 hour nap before it. CBC is still showing the 30k. There's also the gala to watch.

I have to dig thu the CBC app as there were events I still wanted to see like women's and men's two-man bobsleigh, aerials, and the ladies figure skating soap opera from a couple days ago.

I'm excited to see the closing ceremony.

hopefully it'll be more artistic than the opening.

I'm looking forward to watching the 2008 connection and also the Milan Cortina 2026 presentation.

They should've got Maneskin to perform but I'm fine with Malika Ayane and Italian violinist Giovanni Andrea Zanon. 

Should be fun!

• Like 1

With removal of the vertical LED screen from the Opening Ceremony, the base of which opened to be the athletes entrance, will we see athletes stream onto the arena tonight from several entrances?

Hopefully there will also be more than “a sprinkling of athletes” who attend the Closing Ceremony.  

1 hour ago, AustralianFan said:

With removal of the vertical LED screen from the Opening Ceremony, the base of which opened to be the athletes entrance, will we see athletes stream onto the arena tonight from several entrances?

Hopefully there will also be more than “a sprinkling of athletes” who attend the Closing Ceremony.  

The lower part of the screen where the athletes entered is still there