1 minute ago, Ikarus360 said:

Very meh handover, to be honest. Paris did it better despite the heavier restrictions. 

Who were those guys? Politicians in the handover is another thing I want to go forever.

And already Paris was underwhelming, but it had at least that very nice video with the Marseillaise and the fly-by over the city of Paris had a slight wow factor. Only a slight one, though. ;)

Was hoping after the brilliant Paris 2024 presentation that the handover presentation being done from the host city would continue even post covid but seems we're already back in the stadium.  

The ceremonies this time around have been really poor though - knew they'd be scaled back for obvious reasons but that didn't have to be a bad thing.   Hopefully what is becoming a new tradition of the Paralympics delivering something better continues this year to as these have not been a spectacle at all and lacked any soul.

• Like 1

Someone's taken some heavy inspiration by Paris. Dynamic sports/city footage video? Check. Tornado jets? Check. Weird white men talking? Check. Patriotic cheering filmed back home? Check.

Anyway, the mountain footage really makes me look forward to 2026. Might actually be attending for the first time.

1 minute ago, Ikarus360 said:

No. That's it. :lol:

No one wants to make good logos anymore for the Olympics. Given their current prestige status, can you really blame them?

I already answered earlier what the meaning of the logo is, according to the German commentators.

1 minute ago, munichfan said:

I wouldn't count on that. German commentators mentioned he's currently actively working on finding a way to stay.

Gosh, he learned more from his pal Vladimir Putin than I assumed. That guy must be really out of his mind. What a disgrace for our country.