1 minute ago, Nacholympic said:

First time two mayors receive the Olympic flag... mayors from Milano and Cortina D'Ampezzo. They should be 3, since Verona is a host, too...

Well, several Italian municipalities will host the 2026 Games - but since Milan and Cortina are the only ones mentioned in the Games' title, it is better to reduce the number of mayors for the handover to those two. ;)

Just now, Olympic Fan Darcy said:

Eh Winter Olympics is messed. The snow events are somewhere different, this time in Zhangjiakou which had a mayor but of course the focus is on Beijing. 

Well, sustainability doesn't come without a price. ;) I'm glad that they use existing and traditional winter venues next time around.

Just now, Olympic Fan Darcy said:

Asia has such beautiful countries and History I don’t understand how every ceremony in the last 3 Olympics has been so mediocre. 

Blame IOC meddling and Covid. Also I didn't thought PC ceremonies were that bad, and Tokyo paralympic ceremonies were pretty nice. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JMarkSnow2012 said:

Very dynamic emblem for 2026, but what does it mean?

According to the German commentators, it shall show the respectful treatment of natural resources in the spirit of sustainability, because it shows a lane drawn in the snow. Well, okay... :D