Just now, Olympian2004 said:

I must say as well that the Ode to Joy is some great music especially for the closing ceremony parade. Even if I still think that Beethoven is currently twirling in his grave because they are pretending to be a harmony-loving regime with his music...

We love living in denial. China isn’t committing genocide! They’re just hosting an Olympic Games. Putin who was at the opening ceremony isn’t planning something sinister with Ukrsine. Let’s just pretend. 

Just now, Olympian2004 said:

I must say as well that the Ode to Joy is some great music especially for the closing ceremony parade. Even if I still think that Beethoven is currently twirling in his grave because they are pretending to be a harmony-loving regime with his music...

Oh, well, he was working for the undemocratic regime of one of the most censoring imperialistic empires of his time, after all. :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tatsh said:

What a waste of time: the atletes where on the stage and newly go to their seats

That is actually very common for Olympic Winter Games ceremonies. Due to the lower number of athletes, it is easier to seat them all and leave the infield empty for the performances there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Olympian2004 said:

It is rather spooky and macabre, if you ask me. A few days from now, we might not be in the mood to laugh about it anymore.

I say hilarious to take away from the severity of the situation. It’s crazy, I love the Olympics but the whole situation is cooked. Xi telling Putin to wait to invade til the Olympics are over and everyone is home, it’s so obvious. 

6 minutes ago, Olympic Fan Darcy said:

There’s something hilarious seeing Russia, Ukraine, China all there on the stadium floor like Russia isn’t on the verge of invading the Ukraine and causing chaos.

It's the new Winter Olympic tradition: peace between Russia & Ukraine until just after the Closing Ceremony

• Haha 1