7 hours ago, munichfan said:

Congrats over the channel. I've only seen the last three ends, but it must have been a wild shoot-out judging by how many scoreless ends there were. Btw, it's a shame there's no Hot Bods thread for these games - one of those Scots is right up my alley.

Really? I find them all unappealing. The Norwegians are far better eye candy.

12 hours ago, Scotguy II said:

An independent Scotland wold be quite successful in a Winter olympics thanks to our lads and lassies :) 

No!!!!! what about the ice dancing Scottish and English /Canadian

Independence would benefit no one

Fantastic result for Greatbritish women Guaranteed silver
My prediction  for the Finals 
Great British men Gold
Great British women silver

9 hours ago, Rob. said:

Close but probably the better team won. But silver is still an excellent result.

Mouat is the highest rated curler and the European champion. But on a personal level if it wasn't Canada I am happy it was Edin. Guy was 4th in Vancouver, 3rd in Sochi, 2nd in Pyeongchang. Class curler.

As for the Americans, within curling circles they are well liked people. Our commentators had nothing but nice things to say about them (despite the one guy that curled 25% in an Olympic final constantly bashing Gushue). 

20 years ago before John Morris and Brad Jacobs I am not sure the curling world could have handled a Matt Hamilton but in a post Curling-bro world, its all good.

2 minutes ago, Faster said:

It use to be that the World Curling Federation would keep a set of rocks that are specifically the Olympic rocks. But the rocks used in Beijing were 2 different sets (one for mixed and one for team) and brand new.

Today i learnt something new! Hopefully the 2022 stones stays there, the less elephants post-games the better, and for Curling this goes double since we can actually run out of materials for the stones! (since only 2 islands at the UK have the granite to make them)

Now, about the olympic stones: wow, THAT´S ACTUALLY AWESOME!

Watching as well. Cute girls on both sides. Almost feel like swinging both ways in Hot Bods.

i confess I was cheering for Sweden last night. But crossing fingers for GB/Scotland now (love the Scot accents coming through the coverage)

Edited by Sir Rols

8 minutes ago, Sir Rols said:

Watching as well. Cute girls on both sides. Almost feel like swinging both ways in Hot Bods.

i confess I was cheering for Sweden last night. But crossing fingers for GB/Scotland now (love the Scot accents coming through the coverage)

I always get told i have a great accent here in NZ, but compared to the NZ accent thats not that hard lol

The swedish guys were very hot also esp the skip. i could easily slip on that ice needing to be rescued by both Scots and Swede mens team :) 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Sir Rols said:

i like the way they play bagpipe music at the end of the games. Did they do that for every match?

They usually did that before the sessions. At least they did so for the matches before the Opening Ceremony (didn't watch the others froms the start).

1 minute ago, Sir Rols said:

I can see a few happy GB members when they wake up.

i like the way they play bagpipe music at the end of the games. Did they do that for every match?

Not sure but its a nice homage to the home of Curling

BrightGraciousDiamondbackrattlesnake-siz

• Confused 1