curling in 2018 was weird, how do you think Canadians felt about being skunked?

This is only the 2nd and 3rd time Canada has sent repeat skips. Teams have changed a bit. Would say in the men's events the favourites are Canada, Sweden and Scotland and on the womens side the medals should come from Canada/Sweden/Switzerland/Scotland.

16 minutes ago, The Tower Bridge Fox said:

Fabulous the British men have qualified I had a feeling they would do better this time.
May be they could win gold!!!!

3 in 4 chance we get a medal at these Games now. :D

Thank God For Curling!

Edited by Rob.

3 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

My 2nd best Winter sport to watch!!  Mesmerizing.

No. 1 being ski ballet?

3 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

But I still can't figure out how they get the "Beijing 2022" signs on the ice in the center to always line up the correct way if they flip play between the 2 ends.  The FOP doesn't seem to have been painted mirror-image.  

As for the logos, they have logos attached to either house and just don't film when the skip crosses the one that's upside down.

6 minutes ago, baron-pierreIV said:

For any specific reason?  

Not sure if I understand your question in the correct way.

I guess, having the logo on ice looks nice (and it really does!). Showing it upside down would probably be an infringement of their corporate identitiy/LOTG restrictions. So moving the camera up for a few seconds is the easiest way to go.

Here (timestamp at 43 seconds) you can see how they are turning the camera a little up. They actually were a little late in this case so you can see the Olympic rings upside down on the ice for like a second. It was uploaded by Discovery, so I hope this isn't geoblocked in the US.

8 hours ago, munichfan said:

Not sure if I understand your question in the correct way.

I guess, having the logo on ice looks nice (and it really does!). Showing it upside down would probably be an infringement of their corporate identitiy/LOTG restrictions. So moving the camera up for a few seconds is the easiest way to go.

Here (timestamp at 43 seconds) you can see how they are turning the camera a little up. They actually were a little late in this case so you can see the Olympic rings upside down on the ice for like a second. It was uploaded by Discovery, so I hope this isn't geoblocked in the US.

It's blocked.  Thanks for trying though.  But I don't see why the 5 rings can't be seen upside down?