Istanbul 2036 Short List Poll - 15th Annual GamesBids Logo Comp

Istanbul 2035 Short List Poll - 15th Annual GamesBids Logo Comp  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which logos should make the short list of the 15th Annual GamesBids Logo Comp - Istanbul 2036

(This has been drafted on my phone, sorry if it looks odd)

IT'S ISTANBUL...NOT CONSTANTINOPLE. 

Welcome, Merhaba, to the city on two continents, where East meets West, right here on the whacking great bridge where the meeting actually happens:

Istanbul_Fatih_Sultan_Mehmet_Bridge_IMG_

Erdogan has had the road closed, just for us - don't look at the traffic jam. We are here for one reason, settling who and what will be proceeding to the main event of the 15th GB Summer Olympics logo comp, through a shortlist round to chuck half the field into the Bosporus before it even really starts. As Rols says, please read this bit carefully - it's THE RULES:

This voting round will be open for (approximately) 48 hours - it will close at 10pm UK time, Thursday January 27. 

Voting will now be conducted in rounds until one entry has an absolute majority and is declared the winner. 

IMPORTANT - As in Glasgow, we've got a big field, so this is a cut round - so the FIVE logos that receive the fewest votes will be eliminated. The five remaining will go to the exhaustive ballot. All logos that get 0 votes will be eliminated, even if there are more than five.

Vote in the poll for your favourite logo. You have ONE vote, so make it count.

Your vote is public and can be seen by all.

Entrants MAY NOT vote for their own logo. For transparency, I will not vote unless required to break a tie.

Votes are valid if cast by members of GamesBids as of January 1 2022 with a bona fide posting record.

I will rule on the validity of any suspicious or disputed votes, or who constitutes a bona fide voting member. 

I will not vote in this, or any subsequent rounds. However, if a tie-breaker vote is needed, I will reserve my right to vote in order to break it. 

Be fair and sportsmanlike, this is meant to be fun and the entrants all deserve RESPECT.

I hope I've remembered everything in this rush. Unless one logo gets a majority in a field of 11 (this isn't a Belarusian election, it's unlikely) we'll find somewhere in Istanbul for round 2 on Thursday. Until then, good luck and may the best logo win :)

• Like 1

As a belgian-turkish citizen i'm so happy with each of the 10 devoted logos for istanbul.. 

there is presented so much creativity and a major-range of the use of the red coulour..

i wish that the best & (if not the most) beloved logo wins this gb-comp. 

"tüm dostlara teşekkür ederim, 2036'nın olimpiyat aşkı istanbul'un olsun" :wub:;)

I thought your Glasgow was your best ever and had a real chance.

it’s tough, though, competing against people of the calibre of Paul, Davey, JDCLauren or the Malaysian twins. It’s also a pity the board population doesn’t bring the same voting numbers it used to.

Oh, nevermind. I've just seen we're already good.

As to Scotguy getting 0 votes, perhaps it might be useful to allow voting for multiple entries in the shortlist round? There's been several really well-done logos both for Istanbul and Glasgow and it's always hard to decide for just one favourite already in round one. So maybe something like "Which 4/5 logos should make the shortlist?" with the option to vote for several might be an option for future competitions.

3 hours ago, Sir Rols said:

I thought your Glasgow was your best ever and had a real chance.

it’s tough, though, competing against people of the calibre of Paul, Davey, JDCLauren or the Malaysian twins. It’s also a pity the board population doesn’t bring the same voting numbers it used to.

Yes, I think that's the problem. A few years ago every logo would've got votes.

The comps have passed me by a bit this year (the Glasgow one I completely missed), and imo most of these Istanbul logos are of a similar standard with no absolute stand out like we sometimes see, so it's just unfortunate.

Ok, I've just gone through the original thread to see who made which ones and fwiw I very nearly voted for yours scotguy. It's a classy design, beautifully made.

The one I did vote for just made me smile as it reminded me of every single shop you go into in Istanbul. Memories of my visit to the city won out.