10 minutes ago, FYI said:

Oh, so they had an Uyghur athlete do the honors, "eh". Can it get any more disingenuous than that. :-/

A Uyghur lighter, a cauldron that isn't...they're taking us all for fools aren't they :angry:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, AustralianFan said:

Incredible illusion of planet earth “under the stadium floor” in one of the earlier segments

Well, I guess there's at least one who is happy with what they saw today. Oh, plus the one who's using that pedopanda as their profile pic.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, AustralianFan said:

Some media outlets are not picking this very basic point up.

Holy moly, I did not catch that when it was live. A choice indeed, giving the political climate and the accusations of human rights violations.

4 minutes ago, yoshi said:

A Uyghur lighter, a cauldron that isn't...they're taking us all for fools aren't they :angry:

1 minute ago, Rob. said:

They didn't?! :o

But we're NOT suppose to *politicize* the Olympics, right?!

The CCP was really desperate by using an Uyghur athelte to light the cauldron lmao. Like "Hey guys' we totally treat the Uyghur good, you see?"

At least Australia stayed somewhat true to their promises and aboriginals are getting much better treatment as compared to 2000.

6 minutes ago, Shiruba98 said:

Tell me they lit an outdoor cauldron with an actual flame outside the stadium. Please, that snowflake was dreadful.

Well they got an outdoor one like Vancouver, but it looks exactly the same as the one in the Bird's Nest.

8 minutes ago, AustralianFan said:

good one munichfan, now you’re trolling others in this thread?

Yep, looks clearly like you’re taking your frustration and anger out on others in here.   

Your behaviour fits the definition of an Internet Troll - Urban Dictionary:

“An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

Ewww, that hurt. :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, Ikarus360 said:

The CCP was really desperate by using an Uyghur athelte to light the cauldron lmao. Like "Hey guys' we totally treat the Uyghur good, you see?"

At least Australia stayed somewhat true to their promises and aboriginals are getting much better treatment as compared to 2000.

It seems less like an act of desperation and more like like one of pure provocation and demonstration of power. Pulling this off with all the countries' names around and the IOC president and UN secretary-general clapping along must have felt like the real vitctory for Xi.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, AustralianFan said:

good one munichfan, now you’re trolling others in this thread?

Yep, looks clearly like you’re taking your frustration and anger out on others in here.   

Your behaviour fits the definition of an Internet Troll - Urban Dictionary:

“An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

A certain gov't, that's hosting a certain winter event right now, must just love deflectors like you.

46 minutes ago, munichfan said:

Well, I guess there's at least one who is happy with what they saw today. Oh, plus the one who's using that pedopanda as their profile pic.

I am!!!!!

I really liked what I saw excepting the "no cauldron" ... you can not expect more for a city which is under strict rules for covid infections...

I see not even Gamesbids can escape the whole srhoud of controversy which are these games.

You have no idea how glad I am the West will do the games again for the reminder of the decade.

23 minutes ago, Nacholympic said:

I am!!!!!

I really liked what I saw excepting the "no cauldron" ... you can not expect more for a city which is under strict rules for covid infections...

:)  I agree.  There were parts I liked and some that I didn’t, such as no Cauldron at all, let alone a low carbon emission cauldron like Tokyo.

• Like 1