And now, Ode to Joy.

They couldn't have went for the most stereotypical songs for an Olympic ceremony even if they wanted to.

Don't get me wrong, I like this ceremony so far, but I hate that China went for a heavy western tone of music for their ceremony.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Olympian2004 said:

And now the "Ode to Joy" for the entrance of the Olympic Flag. After John Lennon, also poor old Ludwig van Beethoven now has to twirl in his grave.

Praying Paris 2024 leaves poor John Lennon alone and does not play that song AGAIN!
After three editions in Asia that have used that song, it's getting old fast.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ikarus360 said:

And now, Ode to Joy.

They couldn't have went for the most stereotypical songs for an Olympic ceremony even if they wanted to.

Don't get me wrong, I like this ceremony so far, but I hate that China went for a heavy western tone of music for their ceremony.

Just to complicate things- how much of that western music was American?

4 minutes ago, Olympian2004 said:

China using "Imagine" for its opening ceremony. You can't make this stuff up. This should definitely mark the time when this song should be retired from all ceremonies for all time.

YES PLEASE! Hoping Paris 2024 will let John rest in peace instead of him having to suffer in his grave.